merinos

Temple Knight

Why is TK considered tankiest of all, since human race (aka paladin) has same defensive passives + higher con (+ majesty, angelic etc def actives)? 
I'm looking to make a real tank, not SK/DA off-tanks, and am facing this dilemma. So the question is more like pally vs TK in terms of endurance.

(PS please do not count shield of sacrifice as a "pros and cons", I'm way to far from that skill or any 78+ skills of both classes)

Edited by merinos

TK, along with SK has Shield aegis skill0316.png passive, which gives 360 degrees shield block.
TK, has Life cubic skill0067.png which passivly heals.
TK, has best run speed, which helps tanking, not only vs mobs when u run in circles, but in PVP also, when u run closer to the enemy and run back all the time.
TK, has Root cubic skill0449.png, which lands one of craziest roots available, 30 seconds of immobilizng which makes every melee class useless + it does AGGRO. And dont forget ordinary Arrest skill0402.png.
TK, has Guard Stance skill0288.png, only one out of all tanks, this is toggle which drastically increases p. def.
Temple-fucking-Knight, is the tankiest shit u can ever find, if u try to kill him, burst him to death.. He will outrun u down, slowly killing and smiling at u while u rot alive. 

Never trust these elfs. 

Edited by Reddish
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Reddish said:

TK, along with SK has Shield aegis skill0316.png passive, which gives 360 degrees shield block.
TK, has Life cubic skill0067.png which passivly heals.
TK, has best run speed, which helps tanking, not only vs mobs when u run in circles, but in PVP also, when u run closer to the enemy and run back all the time.
TK, has Root cubic skill0449.png, which lands one of craziest roots available, 30 seconds of immobilizng which makes every melee class useless + it does AGGRO. And dont forget ordinary Arrest skill0402.png.
TK, has Guard Stance skill0288.png, only one out of all tanks, this is toggle which drastically increases p. def.
Temple-fucking-Knight, is the tankiest shit u can ever find, if u try to kill him, burst him to death.. He will outrun u down, slowly killing and smiling at u while u rot alive. 

Never trust these elfs. 

Thank you for your answer and excuse my noobiness in tanks, but most of these skills feel more like "convinience" stuff to me, than actual defences.
Shield aegis is great, hands down.
Life cubic -> paladin has actual heal whenever he wants
Root/arrest -> sure cool, although paladin has mass shackle too and stun (also stun whenever he wants, unlike waiting for root cubic, and stun is nice against any class mage or meelee). Still none of which is actual ++ in defence
Guard stance -> paladin has majesty (which doesn't give shield def though). I do not know which one gives more pdef though, but at least one of them can stay up forver because it does not drain mp.

On top of all that, paladin has angelic (although just for a minute) and +7 con by nature.

Edited by merinos

4 minutes ago, Reddish said:

And this is why, mie friendo, u should go ordinary tank, and dont try TK; its aint for u;)

I do not see the point if this phrase, why would you say that.? I'm trying to compare 2 tank classes purely in aspect of defence, if my point of view is wrong please let me know. As I said I am noob when it comes to tanks.

1 hour ago, merinos said:

I do not see the point if this phrase, why would you say that.? I'm trying to compare 2 tank classes purely in aspect of defence, if my point of view is wrong please let me know. As I said I am noob when it comes to tanks.

He gived you a solid reason why TK it's the tankiest of the tanks but with your reply you made it clear that you want to go Pala. If you like pala just go Pala. That's all

BTW

Life cubic -> paladin has actual heal whenever he wants ( TK also has an heal command and the cubic is an extra with no cast. Pala 76+ heal drain HP )
Root/arrest -> sure cool, although paladin has mass shackle too and stun (also stun whenever he wants, unlike waiting for root cubic, and stun is nice against any class mage or meelee). Still none of which is actual ++ in defence ( He will eventually get his 76+ stun on command in future update ) 
Guard stance -> paladin has majesty (which doesn't give shield def though). I do not know which one gives more pdef though, but at least one of them can stay up forver because it does not drain mp. ( GS it's 10 times better than Maje )

Said so.... just pick the one you like the most. As general reference:

Humans _ Are the balanced race

Elf _ Excel on Def and Evasion

D.Elf _  Excel in dmg

Edited by Armagheton
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Armagheton said:

He gived you a solid reason why TK it's the tankiest of the tanks but with your reply you made it clear that you want to go Pala. If you like pala just go Pala. That's all

BTW

Life cubic -> paladin has actual heal whenever he wants ( TK also has an heal command and the cubic is an extra with no cast. Pala 76+ heal drain HP )
Root/arrest -> sure cool, although paladin has mass shackle too and stun (also stun whenever he wants, unlike waiting for root cubic, and stun is nice against any class mage or meelee). Still none of which is actual ++ in defence ( He will eventually get his 76+ stun on command in future update ) 
Guard stance -> paladin has majesty (which doesn't give shield def though). I do not know which one gives more pdef though, but at least one of them can stay up forver because it does not drain mp. ( GS it's 10 times better than Maje )

Said so.... just pick the one you like the most. As general reference:

Humans _ Are the balanced race

Elf _ Excel on Def and Evasion

D.Elf _  Excel in dmg

Thank you, this makes things a little bit more clear. And to be honest no, I want to go TK and trying to find reasons to, because I thought pala looked better in terms of defence thats why I make refferences to each of his skills and ask for comparisons that I may have missed.

2 hours ago, merinos said:

Thank you, this makes things a little bit more clear. And to be honest no, I want to go TK and trying to find reasons to, because I thought pala looked better in terms of defence thats why I make refferences to each of his skills and ask for comparisons that I may have missed.

Bear in mind that TK it's prob the most boring class to lvl and also prob the least used of the game. He excel in P.Def and has only Tribunal as offensive skill till 76 iirc, so the monster on solo will go down slow..... very slow.

Your only hope on 60+ is to find some ABG PT that need a tank for AOE, hoping that the spot isn't filled by a SWS

Edited by Armagheton

1 hour ago, Armagheton said:

Bear in mind that TK it's prob the most boring class to lvl and also prob the least used of the game. He excel in P.Def and has only Tribunal as offensive skill till 76 iirc, so the monster on solo will go down slow..... very slow.

Your only hope on 60+ is to find some ABG PT that need a tank for AOE, hoping that the spot isn't filled by a SWS

I don't mind that as long as it will be worth it leveling a character that serves as a pure aggro meatshield in mass pvp. I suppose its almost same with every tank, they need party to xp, but i want to choose the most defensive one and spend my time on it and invest every piece of gear for the rest years of me playing on server.

2 hours ago, Armagheton said:

so the monster on solo will go down slow..... very slow.

There was a guy who decided to play solo TK... He went in with all that he got, he farmed for 20 hours a day, 7 days a week - he wasn't even getting full sleep schedule, he just took several 20 minute naps after a couple of hours, otherwise he basically just drinked coffee and did coke... Impressive really, how much a human body can endure when held up by a power of sheer will.

Anyway after 7 months he finally got that Blue Gemstone and then he quit

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, merinos said:

Shield aegis is great, hands down.

just this. You dont need any other reason.

If you play 2 tanks you will understand how 360 block is fucking OP , while you can burst paladin or DA in 3-4 sec.

Edited by Yomana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

There was a guy who decided to play solo TK... He went in with all that he got, he farmed for 20 hours a day, 7 days a week - he wasn't even getting full sleep schedule, he just took several 20 minute naps after a couple of hours, otherwise he basically just drinked coffee and did coke... Impressive really, how much a human body can endure when held up by a power of sheer will.

I knew ... I knew it dude 

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

since class change went full retard u can now roll anything into anything almost, so if u see TK u cant say hes a superhero anymore

PVE:

For frontal tanking, in place: paladin (sacrifice = auto heal non stop, some say heal drain too +more hp). Best for mele rb

For any angle tanking, specially when running: tk (aegis+guard stance + heal cubic <heal while running>, +more speed). Best for aoe.

PVP: both are trash compared to da/sk until 78+ when debuffs start to fail much often due to puri and chant, and in lv 80 pala/tk get 1 pt buff that any competitive cp wants to have

12 hours ago, Cyane said:

PVE:

For frontal tanking, in place: paladin (sacrifice = auto heal non stop, some say heal drain too +more hp). Best for mele rb

For any angle tanking, specially when running: tk (aegis+guard stance + heal cubic <heal while running>, +more speed). Best for aoe.

PVP: both are trash compared to da/sk until 78+ when debuffs start to fail much often due to puri and chant, and in lv 80 pala/tk get 1 pt buff that any competitive cp wants to have

Which debuffs are prevented by puri/chant (or even mental shield) of the next ones:
Arrest
Lightning strike
Stun
Fear
Or some other ones?

9 hours ago, merinos said:

Which debuffs are prevented by puri/chant (or even mental shield) of the next ones:
Arrest
Lightning strike
Stun
Fear
Or some other ones?

all of them are resisted by puri/spirit

• Thanks 1

TK needs another control debuff or maybe they should increase arrest land rate, its ridiculous, it rarely lands on target, meanwhile, fear and lightning strike is almost 100%...

@merinos i've rerolled my 77 TK to paladin,since its quite shit right now.

But soon we are supposed to get patch with TK buffs like Shield Bash,so they should be much better (high dmg skill with short stun,low mp cost and low cooldown)

On 5/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, kkthxbye said:

since class change went full retard u can now roll anything into anything almost, so if u see TK u cant say hes a superhero anymore

I am new to this server, so please explain how. This is very interesting if true!

5 hours ago, Hatecraft said:

I am new to this server, so please explain how. This is very interesting if true!

Well you can change your class for 20€, check more info here: https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/7439-class-change/

The reason he's saying that is that in the past, the limitations for class change were much more strict (i.e. back then only few characters could change to TK /supports, healers and other tanks/, but now literally any char can do it, so if you see someone playing TK you don't know if he's actually hardcore TK or just a reroll)

Edited by FryderykChopin

4 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Well you can change your class for 20€, check more info here: https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/7439-class-change/

The reason he's saying that is that in the past, the limitations for class change were much more strict (i.e. back then only few characters could change to TK /supports, healers and other tanks/, but now literally any char can do it, so if you see someone playing TK you don't know if he's actually hardcore TK or just a reroll)

Ahh, great! 

Also, I noticed that you can not change to DA. I find that a bit odd, dont you? Did you have any thoughts as to why?

27 minutes ago, Hatecraft said:

Ahh, great! 

Also, I noticed that you can not change to DA. I find that a bit odd, dont you? Did you have any thoughts as to why?

because of olympiad, basic DA 76 lvl is so freaking OP even without equip that people just used to reroll their non used characters to DA/ES and swarm olympiad with it