Sign in to follow this  
Ovid

Suggestions

Hello,

I have some suggestions regarding 1-40 leveling:

- increase the dropped adena amount, just a bit, to be able to afford some consumables and dyes;

- replace the xp herb with a low mana herb (I never found any use for that 20% xp herb, seriously);

- give some lvl 2 wind walk potions; I am practically aging in real life with that 149 Speed;

- make the scroll buffs last more than 20 min, make them 30 or 40 min (only for levels below 40);

- I don't know if it's intended, but the novice devotion set does not give 15% casting speed;

It's not much, but it might help leveling to 40, when RB can't be found. At this time I am not having fun at all, and it shouldn't be like that.

For 40 and above:

- reduce the RB exp by 10-15% and raise the SP by 10-15%;

- slightly increase the SB drop rate or make them drop from higher lvl mobs, up until at least lvl 62;

- I feel like you ruined might of heaven for pve; it's not worth using it at all, better with wind strike (pve when there is no alternative, don't get me wrong); make the skill more powerful in pve and keep it the same as it is now in pvp;

- I think that by removing the Seraphim, Nightshade and Queen summons you did a bad thing; either remove the Acumen, Bless the Body, Guidance etc buffs but keep the party ones or just make them self use only (lvl 1 only); these type of servitors receive some nice modifications in future updates;

- Bless of Eva, I would make it self use, reduce the matk bonus by 5% and increase the clarity effect by 5%;

Also, when is the next Update coming here?

Edited by Ovid

the thing you mentioned pre-40 lvl are fixed by giving to newbies agathion after completing moon knight quest on 25 lvl i think

agathion has skill which heals you, recharges you MP and gives you some basic buffs, all for free, so i dont think any modification should be done, except maybe some notification when newbies make 25 lvl that they should go make this quest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoDoy said:

the thing you mentioned pre-40 lvl are fixed by giving to newbies agathion after completing moon knight quest on 25 lvl i think

agathion has skill which heals you, recharges you MP and gives you some basic buffs, all for free, so i dont think any modification should be done, except maybe some notification when newbies make 25 lvl that they should go make this quest

Hm, I  didn't equip it yet as I already had the Singer/Dancer one, and wanted to save the other which has sing/dance as well. Anyway, those buffs last for 20min and the reuse is 1h (40min after they wear off). For pre-40 either increase the buff duration to 40min (so you will have a 20min break until reuse) or leave the duration as is but lower the reuse to 30-35min.

What about the 40+ suggestions? We can debate the numbers and effects, they are not set in stone.

2 hours ago, Reddish said:

Hehe, so virgin, so naive 

One can hope. There are very few (or none) servers with classic that are playable.

This server seems close to official and I like SOME of the personal modifications. Although I really like the additions from future updates, like Stigma reducing melee pdef AND mdef, Mass Stigma, Dance/Song modifications, Mass Recharge (yeah I play SE). :) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ovid said:

replace the xp herb with a low mana herb (I never found any use for that 20% xp herb, seriously);

That XP herb, you're supposed to pick it and use it when the RB is about to die. But anyway a mana herb for low levels would be nice, as long as it's quite rare.

11 hours ago, Ovid said:

- I feel like you ruined might of heaven for pve; it's not worth using it at all, better with wind strike (pve when there is no alternative, don't get me wrong); make the skill more powerful in pve and keep it the same as it is now in pvp;

tbh MoH was pretty poor for farming ever since they changed how the magic skills land even from lower levels (somwhere between Interlude and HF, didnt play those chronicles much). But anyways it's all about the "half empty, half full bottle" approach - don't be sad that MoH is bad for farming, be happy that you can farm with Wind Strike D:

• Like 1

SB drop rate are just fine or im extremely lucky. But i have made 40kk in books in the past 7 days. (3cdl/2hex/2 rage/3lightning strike) and im still 48 so i can farm sos for 3 more levels.

14 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

That XP herb, you're supposed to pick it and use it when the RB is about to die. But anyway a mana herb for low levels would be nice, as long as it's quite rare.

tbh MoH was pretty poor for farming ever since they changed how the magic skills land even from lower levels (somwhere between Interlude and HF, didnt play those chronicles much). But anyways it's all about the "half empty, half full bottle" approach - don't be sad that MoH is bad for farming, be happy that you can farm with Wind Strike D:

The XP herb lasts for 10 min in your inventory. So it's kind of hard to get a herb, then get a RB, and kill the RB in 10 min. 

12 hours ago, Slush said:

SB drop rate are just fine or im extremely lucky. But i have made 40kk in books in the past 7 days. (3cdl/2hex/2 rage/3lightning strike) and im still 48 so i can farm sos for 3 more levels.

I am not sad about MoH vs Wind Strike. A SE should not farm alone (at least in Classic), but in a party. However, my plead was meant to ease my farming of SB. I have outleveled the mobs for Wild Magic, I have gotten Stigma (I already learned that skill) but nobody needs it. You might have been lucky, I am struggling to reach 2kk adena :)). I got bored of farming SB so I went to RB.

For farming purposes, for particular situations where you need to get a spellbook, or kill a quest monster or whatever, using Wind Strike is somewhat punishing. If MoH had had at least +5-7 more power than it has now (now it has more MP cost than power), then fulfilling the before mentioned goals would've been easier. Some might not have +++++D weapons (or C, B), or boxes, or friends willing to farm for your stuff. And hitting those Lizardmen 10 times with Wind Strike is time consuming. 

I am not complaining, I am only suggesting some stuff. :) 

Edited by Ovid

33 minutes ago, Ovid said:

The XP herb lasts for 10 min in your inventory. So it's kind of hard to get a herb, then get a RB, and kill the RB in 10 min. 

unless it was changed recently (which i doubt was intended), this is not true, it used to be usable item (same like ww/haste/acumen potion), so you could just farm them and use them at any moment you wanted when you thought its profitable (you got some nice farming pt, RB party, etc. etc.), so purpose was very nice and was actually very helpful

only restriction it has is i think that it cannot be used over lvl 40?

42 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

unless it was changed recently (which i doubt was intended), this is not true, it used to be usable item (same like ww/haste/acumen potion), so you could just farm them and use them at any moment you wanted when you thought its profitable (you got some nice farming pt, RB party, etc. etc.), so purpose was very nice and was actually very helpful

only restriction it has is i think that it cannot be used over lvl 40?

Oh, I didn't know that. I read its description and thought it was the same as before.