Amigon

Lag giran harbor (too many stores)

Hello!

I just back few days ago and liked a lot the daily quests, really help us out to progress.

But npc stand in giran harbor and the number of stores oppened there is huge....sometimes freezy everything.   could you guys change the spot of this npc to stand nearby teleport keeper?

Or, sinse there are stores oppened in most towns like dion, giran and aden, transfer the official store place to giran town instead giran harbor?

And yes, I am im fact surprised with the number of shops oppened, way more then last time I played here ( about 2 and half years ago)

i have 11y old PC with upgraded VGA only and im ok when i port to GH...

Edited by Lafi

2 hours ago, Amigon said:

Hello!

I just back few days ago and liked a lot the daily quests, really help us out to progress.

But npc stand in giran harbor and the number of stores oppened there is huge....sometimes freezy everything.   could you guys change the spot of this npc to stand nearby teleport keeper?

Or, sinse there are stores oppened in most towns like dion, giran and aden, transfer the official store place to giran town instead giran harbor?

And yes, I am im fact surprised with the number of shops oppened, way more then last time I played here ( about 2 and half years ago)

zero lags 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Amigon said:

Hello!

This would indeed be an ideal solution, I've suggested this a couple of times in past... I mean it's a classic L2 server with word "classic" literally in its name, and honestly what's more "classic" than Giran full of shops - not sure about others, but >98% of the L2 servers I've played  always had Giran as a main marketplace... Also the custom port there is custom and customs are kinda lame on such server.

btw. you always Alt+P and if it doesn't help, you can reduce the PC/NPC limit in settings to minimum, which limits your vision of other characters to around 5 meters (so that you always see max around 20 chars so it doesn't lag)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

This would indeed be an ideal solution, I've suggested this a couple of times in past... I mean it's a classic L2 server with word "classic" literally in its name, and honestly what's more "classic" than Giran full of shops - not sure about others, but >98% of the L2 servers I've played  always had Giran as a main marketplace... Also the custom port there is custom and customs are kinda lame on such server.

btw. you always Alt+P and if it doesn't help, you can reduce the PC/NPC limit in settings to minimum, which limits your vision of other characters to around 5 meters (so that you always see max around 20 chars so it doesn't lag)

Giran would not work on siege time.

Giran Harbour was not chosen randomly. It's specially done this way, so towns would have less lags. And talking about classic - there was once upon a time in years 2004-2007 such server as la2world.com (yes, they started server with Harbingers of War, can't be more classic) - they brought this idea first, to use GH as a trading spot. It was brilliant then, it is working good now.

Mb Strix NPC may moved to Monster Derby Track? Also accesible from all the towns.

The better solution for this, is move stores in "africa". You will be teleported who the hell knows but it is place away from everything. Underwater in the cage in north west. YOu will be able to access that with TP only. make this place with different teleport options. Imagine market place as a square. If u need to buy things, you click option - Sell markets, it will teleport u to 1/4 square where ppl selling stuff, same for buy store, if u need to sell bones, click Buy stores, click TP, and it will teleport to to another 1/4 square where u can sell your mats to  dwarfs. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

The better solution for this, is move stores in "africa". You will be teleported who the hell knows but it is place away from everything. Underwater in the cage in north west. YOu will be able to access that with TP only. make this place with different teleport options. Imagine market place as a square. If u need to buy things, you click option - Sell markets, it will teleport u to 1/4 square where ppl selling stuff, same for buy store, if u need to sell bones, click Buy stores, click TP, and it will teleport to to another 1/4 square where u can sell your mats to  dwarfs. 

And then they should delete shops and introduce alt + b auction right?

AnD ThEn ThEy ShOuLd delETe ShOpS anD inTRodUcE alT + B AuCHIon RigHT ? 

They should introduce ID registration, so kids like u wont reply with stupid things like u. It is solution for a problem. It is not about potato pc. Nobody would lose on that, only win.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Donkihot said:

I mean.. the guy was telling he has trouble accessing NPCs at GH, why don't move them out of GH, so nobody will have trouble lagging through shops while trying to get to the NPC?

Also, i have 2x PCs one of them is older than age of sexual availability and I still don't have much issues getting to NPC I need (only that i have /target it, cuz it loads slowly)

26 minutes ago, Reddish said:

I mean.. the guy was telling he has trouble accessing NPCs at GH, why don't move them out of GH, so nobody will have trouble lagging through shops while trying to get to the NPC?

Also, i have 2x PCs one of them is older than age of sexual availability and I still don't have much issues getting to NPC I need (only that i have /target it, cuz it loads slowly)

what do u mean \by that? lol. NPC aka teleported, wh dwarf, nostalgia? so how do we tp back? if we move away from GH somewhere in the forest  near by, it is bs and it will be pvp zone.