Sign in to follow this  
iatrokles

Login Server Issues During Certain Time of Day

As mentioned in title, between the hours of ~14:00 - 20:00 CST, the login servers take ages. Will sit on "Logging in..." portion of login window. After extended time, will get in (somtimes up to an hour+) but by then I have to try again as something times out on the client.

This 100% ONLY happens during a specific time of the day, seems to be the afternoon. In addition, If I use the USA Proxy, I will have MASSIVE lag in game. Yet if I use EU Proxy, it is fine. I am in USA, which is the strange part as well.

Notes

-Happens on multiple devices, not one device has issues

-Network is fine otherwise, other websites, games, etc all are 100% fine.

-Can't be firewall/ports as it is 100% fine during other times of the day.

Thoughts on what I could troubleshoot?

Hello. You can telnet to IP:PORT and WINMTR to IP when it happening ( contact me via Livechat, bottom right, for IP:PORT ).

"-Network is fine otherwise, other websites, games, etc all are 100% fine." - please, please, please EVERYONE stop using this as your argument. It's stupid. Using this argument you are saying that this 2 roads are same https://prnt.sc/tr9pql

2nd argument I hate is "it's not my provider, because other games not lagging". This is example: https://prnt.sc/tr9snd ( small blue marks is data centers which your packets just passing ). We can't control what data centers your provider choosing between you and our server. And if there will be any issue in any data center between you and us - you will have lags. Nothing we can do about it, but your provider can change your packets path ( not instantly, but possible ). Before we get your packet - it's your provider responsibility to not lose it.

Yes I understand what you're saying. I assumed it was with the channel I was passing through but I didn't know the means of troubleshooting. So I will heed advice and attempt to identify and provide information.

I'm not attempting to argue, I'm providing what troubleshooting and fact finding I've done based on my knowledge of the situation.

16 minutes ago, iatrokles said:

Yes I understand what you're saying. I assumed it was with the channel I was passing through but I didn't know the means of troubleshooting. So I will heed advice and attempt to identify and provide information.

I'm not attempting to argue, I'm providing what troubleshooting and fact finding I've done based on my knowledge of the situation.

"Hello. You can telnet to IP:PORT and WINMTR to IP when it happening ( contact me via Livechat, bottom right, for IP:PORT )."

Confirmed for login server "could not open connect to the host. This is occurring at 20:00 CST.

The Proxys worked perfectly for for EU and NA in regards to telnet. Black box.

Running WinMTR. For Login Server is In Progress. I haven't used this app before, but I'm assuming it will inform me when it is done? When it is done. I will export and run test on the login servers as well.

11 minutes ago, iatrokles said:

Confirmed for login server "could not open connect to the host. This is occurring at 20:00 CST.

The Proxys worked perfectly for for EU and NA in regards to telnet. Black box.

Running WinMTR. For Login Server is In Progress. I haven't used this app before, but I'm assuming it will inform me when it is done? When it is done. I will export and run test on the login servers as well.

It will work till you stop it. So you need to stop it and copy info here.