Sensei

Questioning Summoners

41 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

this. i dont say to boost them or anything obviously, but if you get identical results in other classes (which you probably wont, but w/e), then why nerf them? :p

Because you don't balance the game based on inflated data. A summoner with 55 points is obviously not representative of the state of the class. Not even a summoner with less than triple digit points is, specially on 3rd week. 
On general, this kind of research is very abstract. It's just some random data tossed in. At football you can't say that Bayern's tactic is not good, just because your local team cannot play it on sufficient level and bring results.

Anyway, for me the problem is that since the buffs failed to make an impact in open field, there's no need to not revert them, since all they achieved was making an already top tier farmer stronger. Basically, they just widened the gap between top and mid farmers. I don't see how this is fine, especially without follow up buffs on weaker classes, but that would obviously make the server an ever most custom shitfest, so simply revert the changes and maybe try a different approach towards adjusting summoners. 

Edited by Fortuna

19 minutes ago, Fortuna said:

Because you don't balance the game based on inflated data. A summoner with 55 points is obviously not representative of the state of the class. Not even a summoner with less than triple digit points is, specially on 3rd week. 
On general, this kind of research is very abstract. It's just some random data tossed in. At football you can't say that Bayern's tactic is not good, just because your local team cannot play it on sufficient level and bring results.

well, if just few teams in whole world can make that tactic work, you wont be saying "its way too good, they should add some rules to make it weaker", would you?

19 minutes ago, Fortuna said:

Anyway, for me the problem is that since the buffs failed to make an impact in open field, there's no need to not revert them, since all they achieved was making an already top tier farmer stronger. Basically, they just widened the gap between top and mid farmers. I don't see how this is fine, especially without follow up buffs on weaker classes, but that would obviously make the server an ever most custom shitfest, so simply revert the changes and maybe try a different approach towards adjusting summoners. 

said who? :o i believe now the damage of the pet in open world pvp is actually kinda relevant and its huge deal if someone controls his pet in addition to controlling his char or just keeping it behind your ass for transfer pain

Edited by MoDoy

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

well, if just few teams in whole world can make that tactic work, you wont be saying "its way too good, they should add some rules to make it weaker", would you?

said who?  i believe now the damage of the pet in open world pvp is actually kinda relevant and its huge deal if someone controls his pet in addition to controlling his char or just keeping it behind your ass for transfer pain

Mby if admins buffed summoner to the point its stronger than bugged tyrant and 80% of ppl play summoner setup on pvp, fortuna would say the buf for summoner was successfull

Edited by Rizos

6 minutes ago, Rizos said:

Mby if admins buffed summoner to the point its stronger than bugged tyrant and 80% of ppl play summoner setup on pvp, fortuna would say the buf for summoner was successfull

idk, when i saw on antifun movie from 9vs9, hitting devak from feline king skills for 1.5-2k damage, thats the damage i was doing to sjeks back in the time with my freaking hero dagger in party vs party :D 

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

The point was that if some randoms cannot make it work, it doesn't mean that it's not strong. Because trying to convince people that a summoner that knows the basics of the class cannot farm more than 95 points at best on 3rd week is just laughable. 

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

said who?  i believe now the damage of the pet in open world pvp is actually kinda relevant and its huge deal if someone controls his pet in addition to controlling his char or just keeping it behind your ass for transfer pain

So doing damage means that a class is strong in open field? Then daggers must be broken, right?

17 hours ago, Fortuna said:

The point was that if some randoms cannot make it work, it doesn't mean that it's not strong. Because trying to convince people that a summoner that knows the basics of the class cannot farm more than 95 points at best on 3rd week is just laughable. 

wait a moment, i thought thats the whole point of this discussion, that you dont need hands, you dont need equip and you just go and rekt people, no?

17 hours ago, Fortuna said:

So doing damage means that a class is strong in open field? Then daggers must be broken, right?

daggers are making damage in open field? :o you sure about this? have you played ever dagger to claim this?

8 hours ago, Sensei said:

did you really, @MoDoy ?
ma dude just showed us the winrate of all the feeding summoners or the random garbages who don't even use talis!

well, you posted this screenshot in first post of this thread, pointing on those random feeding summoners or random garbages that dont even use talis, so i guess they are problem no? and i just checked and, are they really problem? coz if they are not as you claim that they are nubs randoms w/e, then who are we nerfing exactly? those few people who know how to play and would spank your ass red even with merrow unicorn? :D 

On 8/16/2020 at 1:53 AM, Sensei said:

tldr.jpg

I think in this meta of oly phantom summoners are strongest :D 

Sure in open field wins da/Es but if its not open phantom summoners in my opinion becomes op cose of cubic

Edited by Eldifes

18 hours ago, MoDoy said:

well, you posted this screenshot in first post of this thread, pointing on those random feeding summoners or random garbages that dont even use talis, so i guess they are problem no? and i just checked and, are they really problem? coz if they are not as you claim that they are nubs randoms w/e, then who are we nerfing exactly? those few people who know how to play and would spank your ass red even with merrow unicorn?  

Oh, did mythrandir use merrow vs you? :P sorry i didn't notice.
to somehow answer your silly point seriously, they're a problem to any non-OP class that stood a fair chance before the boost. If we're gonna keep pushing ppl out off oly, what will be left inside? Only stacked old players and ponies?

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

Oh, did mythrandir use merrow vs you?  sorry i didn't notice.

you mean this myrthandir? ^_^ looks like even me being healer on orfen on second screen didnt help him that much

nicesumm.thumb.jpg.09fb295389eef8f025f5cdf804d6399a.jpg

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

to somehow answer your silly point seriously, they're a problem to any non-OP class that stood a fair chance before the boost. If we're gonna keep pushing ppl out off oly, what will be left inside? Only stacked old players and ponies?

mind giving exact examples which classes stood fair chance before 30% boost on summons and now have absolutely no chance?

15 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

mind giving exact examples which classes stood fair chance before 30% boost on summons and now have absolutely no chance?

"If we're gonna keep pushing ppl out off oly, what will be left inside? Only stacked old players and ponies?"
^ Goldfish memory I guess, but I'm here to remind you ^ :) 

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

"If we're gonna keep pushing ppl out off oly, what will be left inside? Only stacked old players and ponies?"
^ Goldfish memory I guess, but I'm here to remind you ^  

4 hours ago, Sensei said:

Oh, did mythrandir use merrow vs you?  sorry i didn't notice.

so can you answer it or not really?

Just now, MoDoy said:

so can you answer it or not really?

You answer the question I asked first, and then you might get an answer as well.
That's how it goes with me :P
Also, don't get mad, you won't grow pubes faster.

Just now, Sensei said:

You answer the question I asked first, and then you might get an answer as well.
That's how it goes with me
Also, don't get mad, you won't grow pubes faster.

ok, to answer your question

7 minutes ago, Sensei said:

in my eyes, this 30% boost of dmg on summons didnt really push away other classes, more people are playing it for sure, but that doesnt make it "nerf immediately", because if summoners were nerfed to previous state, 1) people would still play sh1t ton of them 2) ppl who would switch from summoners would just switch to another OP class, so how would that solve your "pushing classes away?"

now, can you answer my question? ^_^ 

4 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

ok, to answer your question

in my eyes, this 30% boost of dmg on summons didnt really push away other classes, more people are playing it for sure, but that doesnt make it "nerf immediately", because if summoners were nerfed to previous state, 1) people would still play sh1t ton of them 2) ppl who would switch from summoners would just switch to another OP class, so how would that solve your "pushing classes away?"

now, can you answer my question?  

how about no.gif

17 minutes ago, Sensei said:

how about no.gif

ok, good enough ^_^ cool to see once again you are just tossing random words which you dont even believe yourself ;p