Tody

Summoners

Should summoners be improved?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should summoners be improved?

• yep
    • nope

I was thinking to play summoner on this sv as my main. But I dont plan on playing only PVE, L2 is about pvp/siege/gang and mass wars.

So I wanna make a plea to the admins, to thing a little about the few of us who are wiling to play this class and find a way to buff up utility in pvp.

I understand summons are really cheap. ok. But in this chapter they don't have the 4'th - party summon, nor SS.

Idk what to ask really, buffing summons to dot like 150% of their dmg might come around and make them op... Maby if the community is wiling to give ideas and the devs to apply them we will rebalance what ncsoft couldnt do.

Thx in advance for those who are wiling to give a hand instead of the usual "pick another class" :)

The summoners don`t need any improvement, is like asking to buff-up the destroyer or the tyrant because they don`t have any utility at the moment. With future updates this classes (tyrant, destroyer, summoner) will have new skills. Every class got it`s utility and it`s own way of playing, that`s why we don`t see elders asking for nukes because they can`t nuke the sh`t out of everything (that`s a bold comparison, I know). You can`t just ask for a class buff only because it doesn't suits you in a way. L2 classic is balanced when it comes to classes, any further improvisation with buff/nerf will damage the game.

P.S.

I myself plan on playing as summoner.

Cheers.

• Like 2

The summoners don`t need any improvement, is like asking to buff-up the destroyer or the tyrant because they don`t have any utility at the moment.

​I agree with you with one thing, tyrant and destro should also be helped, i thought the idea of having a private sever was that you (the admin/devs) modify the game as you see fit. I really don't think that the community has to suffer coz ncsoft loves humans. I know, that my plea/question can be translated to "Do you wanna have a modified L2 classic or retail?". 

With future updates this classes (tyrant, destroyer, summoner) will have new skills. Every class got it`s utility and it`s own way of playing

​When new updates will come, if the summoners get skills/buffet => op. I will be the first to post to ask a nerf. But until then do you really want a server full of nuker, archers and daggers (let's not forget about gladi and supports). Where is the mix, the randomness, I understand you when u say that every-class has it's utility, but if that's true, why summoners, destro, tyrant and paladin (don't know yet why) are on they way to become extinct?

that`s why we don`t see elders asking for nukes because they can`t nuke the sh`t out of everything (that`s a bold comparison, I know)

No comment 

You can`t just ask for a class buff only because it doesn't suits you in a way. L2 classic is balanced when it comes to classes, any further improvisation with buff/nerf will damage the game.

P.S.

Cheers.

​I never asked for a buff, I only asked for an utility. I never played on classic yet, so I don't know from experience. I read forums and opinions. The result was the same, summoners sux in pvp. So I've put up 1 question, can we improove/rebalance the summoner class?

I don't wanna cry@ like a kid... lol,sorry to all if I seemed like that.

I just wanna have fun :)

P.S. 

good for you, let's party sometime

PP.S. 

I can start a new thread about orc fighters or we can discuss it here, I dont mind.

Have a good day!

The summoners don`t need any improvement, is like asking to buff-up the destroyer or the tyrant because they don`t have any utility at the moment.

​I agree with you with one thing, tyrant and destro should also be helped, i thought the idea of having a private sever was that you (the admin/devs) modify the game as you see fit. I really don't think that the community has to suffer coz ncsoft loves humans. I know, that my plea/question can be translated to "Do you wanna have a modified L2 classic or retail?". 

With future updates this classes (tyrant, destroyer, summoner) will have new skills. Every class got it`s utility and it`s own way of playing

​When new updates will come, if the summoners get skills/buffet => op. I will be the first to post to ask a nerf. But until then do you really want a server full of nuker, archers and daggers (let's not forget about gladi and supports). Where is the mix, the randomness, I understand you when u say that every-class has it's utility, but if that's true, why summoners, destro, tyrant and paladin (don't know yet why) are on they way to become extinct?

that`s why we don`t see elders asking for nukes because they can`t nuke the sh`t out of everything (that`s a bold comparison, I know)

No comment 

You can`t just ask for a class buff only because it doesn't suits you in a way. L2 classic is balanced when it comes to classes, any further improvisation with buff/nerf will damage the game.

P.S.

Cheers.

​I never asked for a buff, I only asked for an utility. I never played on classic yet, so I don't know from experience. I read forums and opinions. The result was the same, summoners sux in pvp. So I've put up 1 question, can we improove/rebalance the summoner class?

I don't wanna cry@ like a kid... lol,sorry to all if I seemed like that.

I just wanna have fun :)

P.S. 

good for you, let's party sometime

PP.S. 

I can start a new thread about orc fighters or we can discuss it here, I dont mind.

Have a good day!

​I will repeat myself, every class have it`s utility, and to be honest I don`t agree that summoners are bad in pvp, don`t forget that the mage nukes will still be useful up til 45+. I have played on Ru classic and I know what I`m talking about, believe me, the summoner class is not bad and It got it`s own utility, and It`s own play style. 

There is no need to change any of the existing classes in any way. People came here to play the classic server with higher rates and free of monthly pays.

The classic is perfect as it is now, you will enjoy any class you play without any nerfing or buffing.

• Like 1

I cant understand why people complaining so much...i mean its obvious that there will be no changes at all cause this is not a custom server its a official one with official files. And not a server with custom items and potions and town buffers. If you ppls ask for this your are pretty much wrong here cause actually the best thing about this server is that its gonna be bone hard.

Just imagine everyone with his own class would come here and ask for some boost to its class...destro too slow? dagger to low survive ability? mages no imba burst? and so on...

• Like 2

I want only to bring back pet SS ....and why ?

Cuz your servitor is like a player . You cant kill somebody with normal spells...Summoner classes are like a buffer (like a SE for example) and their 2nd box (dagger or SPS) .Everyone can obtain a shots ,why and your servitor does some ? For me ,that servitors to dont have a SS ,very decrease a ability of summoners .

One summon have a stats like your dagger have with mid or high lvl armor/weapon . Its a fact ... and now they dont have SS...

It will be serious to delete all SS if summons dont have ...For example :

Your summoner dont have a 2/3 of skills who you will get on Interlude for example . Dont have a special summon on 56 lvl (so you dont need in pt) , you dont lvlup a nuke skills or to learn new of them (like prominence ,hydro blast or blaze and aqua swirll ) and now they dont have a chance to get a SS ,for a only thing who will lvlup him , who will do a defense in one pvp or someone to come and make you 2-3 backstaps for nothing ....That is rly sh1t ...

there is no SS for summons like it was in old l2 and ppl still was lvling them so if its too hard for anyone just play other class

Summoners are not perfect for solo but they are OK. If you compare them to any other solo class they do very well. Its ez to heal your summon and you have basically no downtime! A Human Warrior can kill 3 mobs has to sit. Archer kann kill 10 mobs and they have to sit to load their mana. Nukers can kill 15 mobs and they have to sit. So summoners still do very well. They might kill not as quick but very consistent. Also for parties they are very good! magic and physical parties need their buffs.

Summoners are not perfect for solo but they are OK. If you compare them to any other solo class they do very well. Its ez to heal your summon and you have basically no downtime! A Human Warrior can kill 3 mobs has to sit. Archer kann kill 10 mobs and they have to sit to load their mana. Nukers can kill 15 mobs and they have to sit. So summoners still do very well. They might kill not as quick but very consistent. Also for parties they are very good! magic and physical parties need their buffs.

​dayum raidboss farming... lolz... i forgot about that in the early days..

in classic summoners has no buff summons no cat buff for archers but we will se if all players have to farm without SS then summoners will have upper hand