Sign in to follow this  
Xanaks

Update - Crowdfunding

I suggest to admins in order to stay competitive in the MMO market to start thinking of the Update ideas. New World and recent changes to Essence servers are impacting the server online. We need a fresh patch. I fully understand that it will require additional funding, hence I suggest some crowdfunding in order to implement additional changes of a high quality.

18 hours ago, Amorfius said:

and for whom to introduce updates? for 25 82 +
or for 60 players
  81+ lvl?
and yes, add new locations that can only be accessed by 80+

I do not want to go into a lot of details about historical evidence of the successful server collapses but in case you are interested - the only way for any server to survive is updating and adding fast tracks for the newbie players. The fast track for newbies is done. Now mid-high end players need new content to digest. It is a natural cycle and if broken will cause very predictable results.

i suggest people ask instead of speculating or listen to random stories from whoever, as if you have asked, you would know as much as who bothered to ask that we are since the latest mini patch drop working on 2 possible new clients to use on future updates. After the 2 clients will be somewhat usable we will see what we can do with either of them and decide which ones to use for the next update.

i still wonder where you guys get this brilliant notions out of nowhere that people stop working or people stop caring about the server or wtv it is, how do you see 2 mini patches and 3 or 4 events, constant data base updates, multiple bug fixes (tho slower then they should but still) this all in past 6 months only and you connect it to server not evolving, no changes, admins dont have motivation anymore to keep working... 

+ i work on a salary basis since the beginning with some bonus from time to time, so the idea of the herp derp they dont make money so they dont work anymore means nothing for most of us considering our salary is roughly the same. 

but by all means, if you want to make your crowdfunding go ahead, i bet bosses and investors will be very happy with extra profit and i will just go and tell them it was my idea so maybe they get me a bonus out of it xD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, San0 said:

i suggest people ask instead of speculating or listen to random stories from whoever, as if you have asked, you would know as much as who bothered to ask that we are since the latest mini patch drop working on 2 possible new clients to use on future updates. After the 2 clients will be somewhat usable we will see what we can do with either of them and decide which ones to use for the next update.

i still wonder where you guys get this brilliant notions out of nowhere that people stop working or people stop caring about the server or wtv it is, how do you see 2 mini patches and 3 or 4 events, constant data base updates, multiple bug fixes (tho slower then they should but still) this all in past 6 months only and you connect it to server not evolving, no changes, admins dont have motivation anymore to keep working... 

+ i work on a salary basis since the beginning with some bonus from time to time, so the idea of the herp derp they dont make money so they dont work anymore means nothing for most of us considering our salary is roughly the same. 

but by all means, if you want to make your crowdfunding go ahead, i bet bosses and investors will be very happy with extra profit and i will just go and tell them it was my idea so maybe they get me a bonus out of it  

When critical wound and defence talisman fix? Q_Q

• Sad 1

you can be happy they switched their style of updates and you are getting some mini update every 2-3 months, back in the time we were getting some bug fixes in that amount of time while big updates were comming every 2 years + :D