Chanterelle

Question Regarding the Power Ritual Skill

As some of you might know, my main character is a Hierophant and I am slowly, but steadily going towards level 78. I was browsing the new skills I get at level 78 and the Power Ritual seemed like an interesting skill. It is an aura; thus, I assume it acts similarly to songs, dances, and the dwarven skills (e.g. Weapon Efficiency). On paper, it seems like a decent skill: +10% P. and M. Attack, +5% Attack and Cast Speed, +5% P. and M. Critical Chance etc. However, I've never seen other Hierophants use that skill. Is there a reason for that and should I spend my hard-earned Adena on that specific skill book?

Its an aura, works similar like warsmith's weapon efficiency and armor efficiency auras, you must be in party and in certain range to receive it (dunno maybe ~ 900 range maybe bit more). It is a good skill and I can assure not boxed hierophants use it all the time, otherwise people use it as a boost to help kill bosses.

• Like 1

One more thing to add. This skill uses continuous mana and is much more than dwarf passive. Think viscous stance MP consumption. They added your mana steal to help run these auras enough, but I dont believe that is even enough when meleeing constantly. Xjou plays live in Black Team CP and tends to lose mana still while meleeing with good gear. So its good buff but dont expect to have it on 100% of the time. A good amount of uptime but not 100%.

• Like 1

I knew that there had to be a drawback :D . I assume Xjou has a +6 armour set, which increases the mana recovery. A luxury, which I can't afford for the moment; thus, it makes me think that I should prioritise armour over this skill.

+6 set + orfen 3 + decent weapon and full buff should help you sustain, though not sure if it does sustain you fully. With iss 13 and +6 robe your mp dont drop while sitting, clarity and kiss of eva reduces mp drained from skill

Edited by Yaeogk
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yaeogk said:

+6 set + orfen 3 + decent weapon and full buff should help you sustain, though not sure if it does sustain you fully. With iss 13 and +6 robe your mp dont drop while sitting, clarity and kiss of eva reduces mp drained from skill

clarity kiss of eva doesnt help for toggle skils. best result i managed to get on "box" pp with +12 wit dyes was losing 3 mp/tick with +6 robe, iss 13 mana regen bw robe regen bonus, water song, cov and siting. If you are active you can hit mobs and do pretty well with mp management. Maybe if you dont put - men dyes you can sustain mana nonstop while siting :P

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1

Thank you, everyone! It seems that for now, I won't be getting the skill. I don't have Adena for +6 BW robe set, and a level 13 rune (not even going to talk about the Orfen earring) :D .

17 hours ago, Rizos said:

clarity kiss of eva doesnt help for toggle skils. best result i managed to get on "box" pp with +12 wit dyes was losing 3 mp/tick with +6 robe, iss 13 mana regen bw robe regen bonus, water song, cov and siting. If you are active you can hit mobs and do pretty well with mp management. Maybe if you dont put - men dyes you can sustain mana nonstop while siting

ppga lied to me about clarity :O

• Haha 1