Sign in to follow this  
haoleflip

What "make an offer" means.....

I guess this is just an NA gaming thing because I have received so much backlash for doing it on this server, when it is a normal thing on most other games I play.

Anyway, when someone links something for sale and tells you to "make an offer" that means that they are looking for you to name a price. You are the buyer, so how much/how little are you willing to spend on the item in question? Don't get pissed and keep asking the seller how much he/she wants for the item and them tell them to "fuck off" when they don't give you an exact price. This is business 101. Make an offer if you'd like to purchase!

business 101 lol wtf do you show up at McDonalds and offer them $2 for a big mac????

it's the seller job to set the price

Or you could take the stick out of your ass and tell them what you want for it.

business 101 lol wtf do you show up at McDonalds and offer them $2 for a big mac????

it's the seller job to set the price

​These are the kids that u are talking about haoleflip.. So lets see the other side , why dont u tell the price that u believe its good for you to buy something?  

It's probably a language barrier man. I've not had many issues with that myself and I'm an NA as well.

​Nah, they know what I'm saying. I just had 2 out of like 5 people flip out on me yesterday because I asked them what they'd pay for my sword. The other 4 understood, made offers, and then moved on with no issues when I declined. I never usually have that kind of backlash on most other MMO's I've played, so it kind of threw me off guard.

Standard case of both sides being too skeptical about the price of something to be able to value it properly...both sides are too scared of paying too much or accepting to little for the item in question, so both sides go back and forth saying, "soooo, what do you think about the price for this piece?"

Easiest way is really to just have the seller set a price, but for stuff that doesn't have clear-cut pricing -- like high-enchanted items, for example -- this scenario is almost always gonna happen.

If you insist on taking offers and not setting a price, don't be surprised if you get offers you consider to be low-balled. It's just always easier if the seller admits up front what he expects for the item.

Better get used to it!

Easiest way is really to just have the seller set a price, but for stuff that doesn't have clear-cut pricing -- like high-enchanted items, for example -- this scenario is almost always gonna happen.

​See, someone gets it. This is exactly what's happening. I am trying to sell my +7 sword.

But yeah, I'll just move to naming a price from now on I guess, just to make it a bit easier for these plebs xD