Sign in to follow this  
Alexbreu09

DMG for DUAL SWORDS

Hi guys i want to know how's works the damage of a dual sword.

For example: In the animation, i hit two times with each sword, but these hits is with full dual patk? or its halfed? if it is halfed, the defense is aplied in the both hits? The soul shots consume is doubled? and any other information about duals u want to share. 

Tnx for the help.

Afaik:

1) Each hit is half the total patk.

2) Defense applies normally to hits

3) Soul shot consumption is as it is listed on the wep (for example, if it says 3x, then its just 3x, not 6x). Some argue that duals are shot-inefficient because if you hit with one swing and miss with second swing, shot is still used, meaning you only get half the effect of a shot for the full price of a shot. Some have tried to show that because this one-hit-one-miss situation doesn't happen too often that it doesn't really affect the efficiency of the wep that much, and because duals have among the highest patk of all weapon classes, they are actually more efficient than average.

Not sure which is true, but overall, it doesn't seem like they are particularly cost inefficient.

Afaik:

1) Each hit is half the total patk.

2) Defense applies normally to hits

3) Soul shot consumption is as it is listed on the wep (for example, if it says 3x, then its just 3x, not 6x). Some argue that duals are shot-inefficient because if you hit with one swing and miss with second swing, shot is still used, meaning you only get half the effect of a shot for the full price of a shot. Some have tried to show that because this one-hit-one-miss situation doesn't happen too often that it doesn't really affect the efficiency of the wep that much, and because duals have among the highest patk of all weapon classes, they are actually more efficient than average.

Not sure which is true, but overall, it doesn't seem like they are particularly cost inefficient.

​Well you can also one-crit-one-crit. which end up doign more damage. duals usually have higher patk, so even if u miss, it makes up for the higher damage you do most of the time. I played monk a bit with fists and it was very efficient, i was making more money than i was spending while spamming SSD.