Sensei

How Coins of Knowledge ruin the server

If you spend some time observing this coins situation and get your calculator ready, you will probably fall into a state of depression about the future of the server.
This system (coupled with removing RB drops) was initially supposed to help newbies make gear and get rid of low RB farmers.
Supposed to...

Well, lets look at the situation after over a month in this patch.
Did newbies make gear? Yes, a little bit.
Why only a little bit? Because for farmers this is even better right now than before. A lvl 70 RB gives to each participant of the last hit party 4k coins, thats 36k in total for a 9-man pt. Now farmers are more motivated than ever to farm those RBs for coins since they can effectively enchant B shadow weapons forever until they are top geared and if they wish so in the future they can sell those accounts for good cash. Also let's not forget that 70 RBs offer the chance to spawn 75 Death Knight, thats a nice little extra for the farmers!

1,5 month or so in this patch and a couple of chars like the one below have appeared.

17 buster.jpg

Just food for thought: is this the beginning of the end? Is the economy of non-shadow weapons about to be broken?
What is the best alternative, delete this system and brainstorm again how to protect newbies?

Edited by Sensei

this system really had a good purpose, but the boss experts are
 taking advantage of it to make the bosses even more, this way 
newbies will never have the opportunity to level or equip themselves with these bosses.

I believe that a possible solution to maintain the server would be the creation of a new one 
with the purpose of joining with this one after a certain time. because this server is really
 very good and reliable, but hardly new players stay here because they can't evolve and
 reach the standard of the old ones, I've been playing for a long time I can't reach the level in items and level many players.
Edited by PJR

I like the idea of removing the option to add runes to those weapons as someone said on discord.
About new server, I don't have an issue with it. But it would create extra source of epics for top allies.

Edited by Sensei

5 minutes ago, Sensei said:

[..]
About new server, I don't have an issue with it. But it would create extra source of epics for top allies.

If the goal is to get new players then it doesnt matter. The most important thing is that there could actually be active players on low level zones willing to form a party. Also no +16 weapon guy behind every corner which is discouraging. Currently playing here is single player till 79lvl or so, and if i want to play single player i go play something else.

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

If you spend some time observing this coins situation and get your calculator ready, you will probably fall into a state of depression about the future of the server.
This system (coupled with removing RB drops) was initially supposed to help newbies make gear and get rid of low RB farmers.
Supposed to...

Well, lets look at the situation after over a month in this patch.
Did newbies make gear? Yes, a little bit.
Why only a little bit? Because for farmers this is even better right now than before. A lvl 70 RB gives to each participant of the last hit party 4k coins, thats 36k in total for a 9-man pt. Now farmers are more motivated than ever to farm those RBs for coins since they can effectively enchant B shadow weapons forever until they are top geared and if they wish so in the future they can sell those accounts for good cash. Also let's not forget that 70 RBs offer the chance to spawn 75 Death Knight, thats a nice little extra for the farmers!

1,5 month or so in this patch and a couple of chars like the one below have appeared.

Just food for thought: is this the beginning of the end? Is the economy of non-shadow weapons about to be broken?
What is the best alternative, delete this system and brainstorm again how to protect newbies?

I don't think this system help newbies at all, including enchant rewards, only economic system crushed, no more

饭团照片.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember its not so much coins in first patch,then rizos suggested it should be more coins.

The biggest problem with this server is:GM's decision is too easy to be influenced by someone who didnt play this game anymore or some businessmen who surive by this game.

include oly time,increase the drop rate of epics and so on.

They sold all their epics for cash,start a new server is the best way for them。It is undeniable that the new server will attract more players in the short term,so businesemen could get more cash.

endless junk mail still cant be solved which problem real players care.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bjack said:

I remember its not so much coins in first patch,then rizos suggested it should be more coins.

The biggest problem with this server is:GM's decision is too easy to be influenced by someone who didnt play this game anymore or some businessmen who surive by this game.

include oly time,increase the drop rate of epics and so on.

They sold all their epics for cash,start a new server is the best way for them。It is undeniable that the new server will attract more players in the short term,so businesemen could get more cash.

endless junk mail still cant be solved which problem real players care.

It wasn't changed because anyone asked. It was changed because I counted amount of requared coins by logic of 9 people in party for a boss kill + almost no or no exp boost. After we implemented it and players calculations - we recalcualted it based on max EXP boost that char can have - so everyone that have less EXP boost will have even more and in every possible way you will have Full B set+3 untill level ~65 if you farm only bosses.

a possible solution is the coins go for the biggest number of ppl on CC.

if a farmer come with low ppl he will get the last hit anyway hiting 16k/50k on RBS

remove the last hit and use the max number on CC. randoms will help each other couse everyone want the lote.

#farmersDown, #randomsUP

Just make a new god damn server and merge after year these newbie helping strategy will not bring more people. Why ?

1) Without spending big cash on server they will need 2-3 years until they can properly compete. This time period is too long for a starting player.

2) This isn't some global official server witch would introduce some major updates witch would level the fields like they did in the past.(administration here is better then official)

3) Majority of people not even taking a look to server witch is 6 years old.

I myself was exception and started in this server then it was 4 years old it was a blast but only becouse i was in the right place in the right moment and got to big side. Peace and love to all and remember NEW SERVER or just stay with low population and dont intreduce new systems rb farmers will always abuse.

• Like 5

On 8/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, Koll said:

It wasn't changed because anyone asked. It was changed because I counted amount of requared coins by logic of 9 people in party for a boss kill + almost no or no exp boost. After we implemented it and players calculations - we recalcualted it based on max EXP boost that char can have - so everyone that have less EXP boost will have even more and in every possible way you will have Full B set+3 untill level ~65 if you farm only bosses.

To tell the truth,I dont think the coins will kill the server,even they got +16 TOP B weapon,so what?the price of +16weapon is about 4bi-5bi.its not very difficult for players if they insist to play.its already so many +16 top B weapon in server,it wont break the balance of the server,the amount of coins is 400 or 4000,wont change anyting.

no matter what new system add in server,it will help old players much more than new players.for example the new quest of bounty hunting,it will help new players to get some scrolls to sell for adena.but old players will use lv61 characters to hunt in ancient battleground and finish all characters' quest in 1-2hours.if your character is lv61,just need to hunt 200 monsters to get 5 supply boxes.I think new player will finish about 2-5characters' quest one day,but some old plays can finish about 40-50 characters' quest everyday.The only value of these level 61 characters is to get enchant supply boxes.

so many enchant scrolls,few weapons,its strange.the Asian plyers who love farming get much more than new players from this new system.I think the amount of supply boxes that lv61-75 characters can get from daily quest need to adjust.

by the way,the raid bosses became a tool of farmers to get coins and endless lv61+ characters now,without competion.

@Sensei. 

you know what is the definition of a joke.

when punch of randoms some how get a Dodge challenger Hellcat and put (Hello Kitty) sticker with rainbow LGBTGBNOIFQWEA attack helicopter MAO<ASMSGODFMPTB Stuff .

and THEY PUT 2000 horsepower engine to fix every time you reach max speed.

is the 700 horsepower Hellcat original model with the company black color isn't enough well its gucci but you know i have The only dodge challenger in the city with hello kitty sticker and weird stuff you will get fame you will get kinda respect with the car dudes but as a joke .

modifying what 1B dollar company did  is always bad when you go to extremes .

you know when it comes as good as possible when people spend there life on cars as a team never as single . but they never make something extreme .

on my dodge challenger i will put my best 3 letters first letter of my family mother father RMT with Lineage 2 classic club because those are my favorite stuff in life .

man if you don't know what the fuck you are doing so don't do it simple as that .

if you take rolex for example just peeling the plastic from the watch instant 500-1000 euro drop from the value modification on something top Tier and stand alone up there and unique will remove the Experience the History the Taste of the Day Date for example .

Gold  White Gold  Plat or Rose gold its still the same watch dont dent alot of eyes will never blink toward it again and lose alot of value 

Edited by Bellion