Kse

Dion x3 Classic 1.5 Server Description

I am ready to be a no lifer for a while! Damn I missed playing this game so much! If I can add my opinion(if it matters to anything). Anything that adds xp buff and stuff, I see it as destroying the game. I think l2 is so much fun at low lvl's where you must pvp for xp and work hard to lvl. I would scratch the whole reward system and strix and make it true hardcore. To ask for x1 would not work cause, will interfere with posible merging, so I get that. DUal box...hmmm...I would also prefer it out, so then people play true classes and does not make PP or any other buffer just a box. I get it though, premium account offer the ability to dual box, but I think premium account worth it just for overnight shop logged out alone. Of course I can be wrong, but we could also make a poll and see what people think.  

• Like 1

I also have some questions regarding dual box:

How can we handle dual boxing? Like...I know people with 2-3 laptops and then have premium and BOOM you have a full party right there. Will there be a way to have maybe 1-2 IP's logged at a time? 
I get it, there will be partners playing same home, a way for those to work it around. 

WHat about VPN? Say if people will use VPN on one PC will it be able to overcome the system?

I personally believe dual box or boxing in general is the cancer of this game. 

After we gave some thought and discussion about this 2 hot topics, and after some calculations, we came to a decision about the Achievement system and Progress Tracker Strix

Achievement system.

Achievement system will stay but every EXP boosts will be nerfed

- 100% EXP scrolls will be decreased to 50% EXP

- 50% EXP scrolls will be decreased to 30% EXP

- EXP RUNE 100% will be decreased to 50% EXP

We find that achievement system gives a new flavor to the leveling up experience giving it extra accomplishment for finishing a level, while giving some help to later starters and solo players,  we think this is a nice touch and so we decided to let it stay in game but we dont want it to be too overwhelmingly strong giving it too much boost therefor shortening the longevity of the game. For this reason every reward that increases EXP/SP will be nerfed and in later phases boosted again being used as catch up mechanics. 

Progress Tracker Strix NPC and missions

- Adena reward was already removed

- EXP and SP rewards will be decreased by 50%

- Daily coins reward will be decreased by 50%

- EXP scrolls will be decreased from 100% EXP to 50% EXP

- Strix's Companion Magic Owl will not be joining Dion x3 as of yet.  (npc that spawns after Raid Boss is dead and gives a EXP buff)

Strix missions accomplish a lot of solutions for a lot of problms we had on old server and therefor its staying, with tweaks for it to not affect much in a new server scene but the idea of directing people all to specific zones while giving some solo activities for players to do on downtime, the catch up potential with some small changes later, and the fact the The Adventurer's Progress Guild is part of the many guilds that joined the club along this long journey and we plan on using in future, we have decided that we are keeping it in a nerfed state, and as with achievement system, overtime increase/change its rewards to help newer players to easier catch up.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, San0 said:

After we gave some thought and discussion about this 2 hot topics, and after some calculations, we came to a decision about the Achievement system and Progress Tracker Strix

Achievement system.

Achievement system will stay but every EXP boosts will be nerfed

- 100% EXP scrolls will be decreased to 50% EXP

- 50% EXP scrolls will be decreased to 30% EXP

- EXP RUNE 100% will be decreased to 50% EXP

We find that achievement system gives a new flavor to the leveling up experience giving it extra accomplishment for finishing a level, while giving some help to later starters and solo players,  we think this is a nice touch and so we decided to let it stay in game but we dont want it to be too overwhelmingly strong giving it too much boost therefor shortening the longevity of the game. For this reason every reward that increases EXP/SP will be nerfed and in later phases boosted again being used as catch up mechanics. 

Progress Tracker Strix NPC and missions

- Adena reward was already removed

- EXP and SP rewards will be decreased by 50%

- Daily coins reward will be decreased by 50%

- EXP scrolls will be decreased from 100% EXP to 50% EXP

- Strix's Companion Magic Owl will not be joining Dion x3 as of yet.  (npc that spawns after Raid Boss is dead and gives a EXP buff)

Strix missions accomplish a lot of solutions for a lot of problms we had on old server and therefor its staying, with tweaks for it to not affect much in a new server scene but the idea of directing people all to specific zones while giving some solo activities for players to do on downtime, the catch up potential with some small changes later, and the fact the The Adventurer's Progress Guild is part of the many guilds that joined the club along this long journey and we plan on using in future, we have decided that we are keeping it in a nerfed state, and as with achievement system, overtime increase/change its rewards to help newer players to easier catch up.

any chance we can get rid of it at all?

Just now, SeriousSam said:

any chance we can get rid of it at all?

all exp boost will be scraped. exp scrolls and runes from achievement system will be removed.

as for strix we will leave the npc in game with the daily quests but she also wont be giving exp scrolls and the reward for the daily quests will be further decreased.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, San0 said:

all exp boost will be scraped. exp scrolls and runes from achievement system will be removed.

as for strix we will leave the npc in game with the daily quests but she also wont be giving exp scrolls and the reward for the daily quests will be further decreased.

What about fishing ?

On 11/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, Koll said:

On Interlude yes, but in Classic there are no Ancient Adena in Catacombs, no Mammon and etc.

Sad to hear this
I really like the festival of darkness

Maybe in the future the Koreans will add it? is there any hope?

6 hours ago, Jamersack said:

God thx! Please no need to add market in GH, it looks terrible

No, it's not! GH is a dead zone in the game. It's much better there to be a market area, than in the city and be in constant lag.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dama said:

What's difference with Talking island x3 ?

It's different version. Talking island is antharas/hellbound

Dion will be 1.5

Full patch notes will be posted later

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Renan Silva said:

No, it's not! GH is a dead zone in the game. It's much better there to be a market area, than in the city and be in constant lag.

Don't feel any lags if the main market is in Giran

On 11/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, Kse said:

One account allowed. Premium users allowed to log 1 additional account.

Does this mean maximum two boxes per user? Or I can use a several boxes if will have  several premium?

1 hour ago, WendyDandy said:

Does this mean maximum two boxes per user? Or I can use a several boxes if will have  several premium?

1 free box + 1 PA box limit per PC. 5 PAs = still 2 boxes.

• Like 1

Hey,

Is there a place where I can read "general" game rules? For example I'm interested in knowing how death penalties / loots will work on this server. Will aggro and loots from pve deaths will be the same as they were on Skelth?

Played here a while back, but left for another server with catacombs and necropolis.

Got an email about the new server and I was like "Oh boy, this is it, they will add the catacombs and necropolis! Time to get back".

Then I saw the mentions regarding this zones being unavailable and got sad. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Perhaps in the future...

3 hours ago, TelepathicFart said:

Hey,

Is there a place where I can read "general" game rules? For example I'm interested in knowing how death penalties / loots will work on this server. Will aggro and loots from pve deaths will be the same as they were on Skelth?

You will lose 4% EXP on death, 2% on Siege zone if you are registered or clan that own castle. You will have change to drop items on PVE death.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolk said:

Played here a while back, but left for another server with catacombs and necropolis.

Got an email about the new server and I was like "Oh boy, this is it, they will add the catacombs and necropolis! Time to get back".

Then I saw the mentions regarding this zones being unavailable and got sad. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Perhaps in the future...

Catacombs in classic is dungeon zone with quest. We also don't like idea of separating players in many zones.