Pendragon

1x/2x rates, no boxing, biddable monthly clanhalls

Before you go 'YUCK!!', hear me out as a guy who had competetive sides in club, reborn and elmore, which had some version of these settings, i thought they were weird when i joined there, but later fell in love with them.
1st Gonna begin with biddable monthly clan halls, basically there are so many benefits to NO downsides, except a new intresting and unique mechanic. This mechanic i found in elmorelab and thought it was 1000iq, it serves multiple purposes:

1) It sucks out adena out of main, dominating clans, they will bid top adena or risk loosing top CH, for example when i joined elmorelab, main clans did not have stacks upon stacks of money and it was far esier for me to make a comeback, we could easily bid for a ch they own and get it just as they could bid for ours.

2) Sucks out adena out of market in general, good for the market.

3) Small CHs will be available for small clans, instead of them being bought out by big clan in the beggining of the server and being perma locked out,

4) -1 RMT option for RMT people, less chance for some pepeg to be scammed

5) A clan quits? Innactive? CH doesnt get uselessly abbandoned, it goes back into circuit.

6) Intead of big clans just buying out all chs or atleast main ones, everyone gets a fair shot at CH with some cunning, luck and timing, alongside strategy. 

2nd Thing i want to suggest is no boxing, 'HELL NO!!!!', says Igariok from Yakutsk, 'I want to log 9 boxes solo and farm toi 5', but hear me out again.

1) No boxing forces people to build a community, instead of Igariok farming toi 5 at 3am alone in a dark, Igariok finds a clan or a cp, and cures his depression at the same time.

2) Boxing fucking sucks, everyone knows that, its so freeing to log just 1 box and play alongside other people. Thats how l2 is meant to be, simple, relaxing time with friends.

3) Elmore and reborn both have this, they both have 3k thriving communities, there is OBVIOUSLY a market for settings like these, we had a great party finder even with boxing, without it will make us more of a community, being you a big clan or Igariok from Yakutsk.

3rd thing which i want to suggest, which combines alongside first two, with reborn and elmore being proof that people seek for this kind of nostalgic feeling.

I suggest 1x or 2x rates, yes yes i know, seems hardcore, but not exactly, let me explain the benefits

1) Since we make no boxing, we reduce the value of premium, hence perhaps less income for our lovely admins, why not then make premium give some extra xp, rates are 1x or x2 right? Let premium give 15-25% extra xp, same like on old server, COL could be buyable from other player with adena, so noone is forced to donate, but this will be far better income for admins than people cheating with proxies, adrenalines and not donating to keep the server running.

2) No competition in 1x genre, skelth and grankain is gone, as i said because of examples of reborn and elmore, people want x1 servers, obviously, they have 3k online, come on, 3k online for elmore c1 x1, its like low budget, shittier version of classic 1.5, reborn sucks balls with admins, files and now hellbound update and they are still thriving.

3) 1x-2x is not that far behind from 3x if we're getting xp scrolls in 2.0 or premium which gives 20% xp.

4) Rates are low for ALL, not just you, we will all play same rates, for longer, togheter, with better, more close community.

5) On 2.0 you get ch scrolls, reward scrolls, x3 becomes x6, this is too high and creates no challange.

In my opinion, all of these settings work very well togheter to have long lasting and thriving server, we have our hardcore x1, no box loving skelth, gran kain, reborn, elmorelab community who we can try to attract with our project, instead of having thise bland 1 guy 10boxes with 5 laptops thing, endgame in 3 months, top clans locking everything down thing. And the best part about all of my suggestion, YOU CAN ALWAYS REVERT THEM and go back to standard play, you have OPTIONS, you allow yourself some wiggle room, which you dont have if you go with strict, standard server settings, i say, lets fucking try this, worst case we go back to old settings, but lets atleast fucking try to be more unique. It's late, i probably made alot of grammar mistakes.

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 12

What Andrews said. Even if I don't like agreeing with this old fuck, he is right. 
Players need something stable, reliable and long-lasting to invest their time. 
All the points above are juuuuuust right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Igariok finds a clan or a cp, and cures his depression at the same time.

That didnt work for you.

But yea i agree with the points

• Like 1

Mostly I would agree to all raised points but I would disagree with limiting players to 1 box. Just one additional box and no more is a great idea & the arguments to that are:

1) Can support the administration & the in-game market (COLs) financially-wise.

2) Casual/noob players like me can enjoy the game.

3) Noone is OP and noone can farm high-end content with just one additional box.

4) One additional box does not prevent party matching which is by far more efficient than soloing along with your box!

Edited by Solidus

1. Monthly clan halls - very good idea.

2. No boxes - we could try it at the start and if people will cry to much, it could be changed.

3. Imo x1 is too hardcore but x2 with 25% bonus from PA should be fine.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rip said:

1. Monthly clan halls - very good idea.

2. No boxes - we could try it at the start and if people will cry to much, it could be changed.

3. Imo x1 is too hardcore but x2 with 25% bonus from PA should be fine.

The lower the rates, the more longevity it adds to the server. I feel most people are just too scared to try. I assume that majority of players want to delay reaching the server state where literally everyone walks around with +16 weapons and +8 armors as much as possible. 

Edited by Fortuna
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fortuna said:

The lower the rates, the more longevity it adds to the server. I feel most people are just too scared to try. I assume that majority of players want to delay reaching the server state where literally everyone walks around with +16 weapons and +8 armors as much as possible. 

Dunno, just watching movies from skelth/gran kain where glad kills solo entire room in Cruma and gets 0,3% on 47 lvl makes me cry.

1 minute ago, Rip said:

Dunno, just watching movies from skelth/gran kain where glad kills solo entire room in Cruma and gets 0,3% on 47 lvl makes me cry.

Don't worry our lovely admins will introduce lucky wheel so we can gamble exp scrolls and cure our real life addiction <3  

1x

No dual box. 

Server longevity would be very high, and classes like Prophet, Shillen Elder would be more valued for active player.

I like the idea with clan halls, I don't like the rest. I tried to play without boxes, it's cancer to relog chars to give zerk/bless from pp and then log back to wc cause party was 9/9 and there was no place for active pp in party and I don't think there would be a player who'd like to play off-pt. On interlude no-box might work, you have way less buff slots but on classic it will be cancer. 1 boxed char is a must.

1 - the CH going back to NPCs over time its something we have been discussing on for long time in case we would make new project.

i like the fact of adena removal and the fact that dead clans cant just keep a CH forever even with 2 or 3 dudes active only.

Im not 100% good with the 1 month time tho. maybe a slightly longer period. I can easily see less hardcore clans not being interested on spending all their adena on something they will with big chances loose in a month.

2 - no dual box is not a good option for us and i will explain why from our point of view.

- Many of the servers you see running a no box politics they run different chronicles then classic this means, buffs from NPC, herbs while hunting, in many of the cases (with some exceptions) shorter longevity and also in most of the cases less casual players who do not play on the top clans or some of them not even in middle clans and like to play only with couple of friends, wife/husband/kids, or even by themselves. for this people going into a 1 box only way it would make it impossible for them to play and enjoy it if they have few time to play or play out of main prime zones.

- Server sustain. yes its a black sheep that no admin likes to talk about but we are not afraid of the subject. premium accounts is a big part of server income, with the box function premium account becomes less attractive to most of the people meaning less people will buy it meaning less income for the server which may end up in server being literally unsustainable, or other methods that go against the hardcore no pay2win mentality ending up being necessary.

- With all this being said we still pulled back from what we have on TIx3 and decided to go a bit harder with the boxing limits, therefor we believe the 1 client +1 box with premium brings the balance between keeping people active playing on all classes at all times being it high peak times or low activity times and still provides a somewhat steady income to keep us running for as long as possible (will we go another 7 years + server? xD  )

3 - About the rates. x3 of classic 1.5 was about 5 or 6 years ago, meanwhile people played on TIx3 that has been HIGHLY increased the leveling speed by boosted locations, level shrinks, bosses EXP, new zones with high EXP etc, Other have been playing other version of the game like h5s and interludes where exp is by base higher then classic and the exp needed per level is less then on classic. so im not sure if going lower then x3 is the best choice for everyone. We do understand a lot of people want it hardcore, but in this hardcore some want it hardcore and others want it REALLY hardcore, our judgement here is that going REALLY hardcore might turn way some people that would like it to be hard and long process but not to the point of ending up having the gran children finishing the char just cuz they didnt had enough play time to do it during all their life time.

ALSO: we are open to improvements and discussion about exp boosts that will or not exist in start or opening. like no exp increase from Strix npc, or no exp scrolls on daily missions making it exist only from achievement and events meaning they will be limited and this kind of stuff.

with all this being said and i feel i forgot about something during the next month we will run a couple of polls on forum/discord and gauging what and if we can or should or need to change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I disagree with your 2nd point. One of the 2 big servers with dualbox disabled right now is C1, which has no herbs or newbie buffs. Plus, do you really think that casuals actually dislike the absence of dualbox? I think it's the opposite. It favours casuals who don't wanna go too hard and hard core CPs with lots of drivers that rarely have activity issues. Average CP would often have trouble logging everyone. 

As for monetization. Is it really much of a difference if instead of a 2nd window you get a little boost in rates? It feels attractive to the player, plus it encourages people to buy premium for many of their chars, instead of just getting it on just one buffer box. 

2 minutes ago, Fortuna said:

I disagree with your 2nd point. One of the 2 big servers with dualbox disabled right now is C1, which has no herbs or newbie buffs. Plus, do you really think that casuals actually dislike the absence of dualbox? I think it's the opposite. It favours casuals who don't wanna go too hard and hard core CPs with lots of drivers that rarely have activity issues. Average CP would often have trouble logging everyone. 

As for monetization. Is it really much of a difference if instead of a 2nd window you get a little boost in rates? It feels attractive to the player, plus it encourages people to buy premium for many of their chars, instead of just getting it on just one buffer box. 

If premium will give me an opportunity to log box I'll buy it, if it will give me exp boost I won't.

46 minutes ago, San0 said:

1 - the CH going back to NPCs over time its something we have been discussing on for long time in case we would make new project.

i like the fact of adena removal and the fact that dead clans cant just keep a CH forever even with 2 or 3 dudes active only.

Im not 100% good with the 1 month time tho. maybe a slightly longer period. I can easily see less hardcore clans not being interested on spending all their adena on something they will with big chances loose in a month.

2 - no dual box is not a good option for us and i will explain why from our point of view.

- Many of the servers you see running a no box politics they run different chronicles then classic this means, buffs from NPC, herbs while hunting, in many of the cases (with some exceptions) shorter longevity and also in most of the cases less casual players who do not play on the top clans or some of them not even in middle clans and like to play only with couple of friends, wife/husband/kids, or even by themselves. for this people going into a 1 box only way it would make it impossible for them to play and enjoy it if they have few time to play or play out of main prime zones.

- Server sustain. yes its a black sheep that no admin likes to talk about but we are not afraid of the subject. premium accounts is a big part of server income, with the box function premium account becomes less attractive to most of the people meaning less people will buy it meaning less income for the server which may end up in server being literally unsustainable, or other methods that go against the hardcore no pay2win mentality ending up being necessary.

- With all this being said we still pulled back from what we have on TIx3 and decided to go a bit harder with the boxing limits, therefor we believe the 1 client +1 box with premium brings the balance between keeping people active playing on all classes at all times being it high peak times or low activity times and still provides a somewhat steady income to keep us running for as long as possible (will we go another 7 years + server?   )

3 - About the rates. x3 of classic 1.5 was about 5 or 6 years ago, meanwhile people played on TIx3 that has been HIGHLY increased the leveling speed by boosted locations, level shrinks, bosses EXP, new zones with high EXP etc, Other have been playing other version of the game like h5s and interludes where exp is by base higher then classic and the exp needed per level is less then on classic. so im not sure if going lower then x3 is the best choice for everyone. We do understand a lot of people want it hardcore, but in this hardcore some want it hardcore and others want it REALLY hardcore, our judgement here is that going REALLY hardcore might turn way some people that would like it to be hard and long process but not to the point of ending up having the gran children finishing the char just cuz they didnt had enough play time to do it during all their life time.

ALSO: we are open to improvements and discussion about exp boosts that will or not exist in start or opening. like no exp increase from Strix npc, or no exp scrolls on daily missions making it exist only from achievement and events meaning they will be limited and this kind of stuff.

with all this being said and i feel i forgot about something during the next month we will run a couple of polls on forum/discord and gauging what and if we can or should or need to change.

1. On elmore it worked extremely well, the prices for main CHs even were surprisingly low, then there's mind tricks, you bid for ch, loose it, and overbid it next time while same clan goes for another ch. You can make it every 2 months if you want, but in general this is good for server, imo.

2. You havent seen how it worked in reborn, randoms are looking for raid or xp parties through party making, inviting each other to friendslist, even main cps look for randoms when they don't have main people to fill, it is legit auto community builder, people are talking to each other through pm, this is what you want. IT IS WHOLE DIFFERENT VIBE TO THE GAME, in a good way too.

Your second point about server sustain, make premium give 25% xp more, 30%, more? NOONE IS COMPLAINING  about this, we understand that you need to make money, make lower rates in general, lets say 1x 1.5x or 2x and compensate it with premium giving more alooot more xp, make premium account give special hats and cosmetics available just for premium, make special SEASONAL premiums, something like battle pass in dota, make specific cool hats appear once every 3 or 6 months for a short time or whatever, dunno thats just some idea off the top of my head. 

Boxing kills the game, boxing kills community, and again YOU CAN ALWAYS ENABLE IT if people end up not liking it or online goes lower.

3. Im not particularly saying make 1x, im saying make 1-2x range and then make premium give extra xp. 

I've seen first hand how these settings works, they do work, and they serve a purpose,  and you see that most of people want these kind of settings, some might not want these settings but will still try them out and they will get used to it.

• Like 1

Waiting for someone to say something like : X1 exp X1 sp X1 adena , 0 PA benefits (only enables the 2nd and only window [solo familiar]) , no custom NPCs with kind of "quests" 

no auction house(behind the scenes) , no tradeable lcoins(*exception owner of lcoins can transfer to another account !!! NOT SERVERS , BUT ACCOUNTS !!!)

Many of these things i wrote actually gives you a taste of the true hardcore and for those who will answer me for the untradeable lcoins , Alt + C "Party Matching" or type /partymatching

Club's staff have gain the trust of community all these years and as a client for them , there is no risk for me to invest every month 10-15 or 20 euros. 

P.S As for the untradeable lcoins , later on you can adjust another way to get "PA Certificate" , WOW's way seems legit :D [no that easy but still possible] :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

2. You havent seen how it worked in reborn, randoms are looking for raid or xp parties through party making, inviting each other to friendslist, even main cps look for randoms when they don't have main people to fill, it is legit auto community builder, people are talking to each other through pm, this is what you want. IT IS WHOLE DIFFERENT VIBE TO THE GAME, in a good way too.

yeaaa... trashborn have academy with full buff in clanhall. if you don't finding pt you can go farm solo with them buffs. what you do here if no pt? live in town? good vibe! hahhahahahaha

20 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Before you go 'YUCK!!', hear me out as a guy who had competetive sides in club, reborn and elmore, which had some version of these settings, i thought they were weird when i joined there, but later fell in love with them.
1st Gonna begin with biddable monthly clan halls, basically there are so many benefits to NO downsides, except a new intresting and unique mechanic. This mechanic i found in elmorelab and thought it was 1000iq, it serves multiple purposes:

1) It sucks out adena out of main, dominating clans, they will bid top adena or risk loosing top CH, for example when i joined elmorelab, main clans did not have stacks upon stacks of money and it was far esier for me to make a comeback, we could easily bid for a ch they own and get it just as they could bid for ours.

2) Sucks out adena out of market in general, good for the market.

3) Small CHs will be available for small clans, instead of them being bought out by big clan in the beggining of the server and being perma locked out,

4) -1 RMT option for RMT people, less chance for some pepeg to be scammed

5) A clan quits? Innactive? CH doesnt get uselessly abbandoned, it goes back into circuit.

6) Intead of big clans just buying out all chs or atleast main ones, everyone gets a fair shot at CH with some cunning, luck and timing, alongside strategy. 

2nd Thing i want to suggest is no boxing, 'HELL NO!!!!', says Igariok from Yakutsk, 'I want to log 9 boxes solo and farm toi 5', but hear me out again.

1) No boxing forces people to build a community, instead of Igariok farming toi 5 at 3am alone in a dark, Igariok finds a clan or a cp, and cures his depression at the same time.

2) Boxing fucking sucks, everyone knows that, its so freeing to log just 1 box and play alongside other people. Thats how l2 is meant to be, simple, relaxing time with friends.

3) Elmore and reborn both have this, they both have 3k thriving communities, there is OBVIOUSLY a market for settings like these, we had a great party finder even with boxing, without it will make us more of a community, being you a big clan or Igariok from Yakutsk.

3rd thing which i want to suggest, which combines alongside first two, with reborn and elmore being proof that people seek for this kind of nostalgic feeling.

I suggest 1x or 2x rates, yes yes i know, seems hardcore, but not exactly, let me explain the benefits

1) Since we make no boxing, we reduce the value of premium, hence perhaps less income for our lovely admins, why not then make premium give some extra xp, rates are 1x or x2 right? Let premium give 15-25% extra xp, same like on old server, COL could be buyable from other player with adena, so noone is forced to donate, but this will be far better income for admins than people cheating with proxies, adrenalines and not donating to keep the server running.

2) No competition in 1x genre, skelth and grankain is gone, as i said because of examples of reborn and elmore, people want x1 servers, obviously, they have 3k online, come on, 3k online for elmore c1 x1, its like low budget, shittier version of classic 1.5, reborn sucks balls with admins, files and now hellbound update and they are still thriving.

3) 1x-2x is not that far behind from 3x if we're getting xp scrolls in 2.0 or premium which gives 20% xp.

4) Rates are low for ALL, not just you, we will all play same rates, for longer, togheter, with better, more close community.

5) On 2.0 you get ch scrolls, reward scrolls, x3 becomes x6, this is too high and creates no challange.

In my opinion, all of these settings work very well togheter to have long lasting and thriving server, we have our hardcore x1, no box loving skelth, gran kain, reborn, elmorelab community who we can try to attract with our project, instead of having thise bland 1 guy 10boxes with 5 laptops thing, endgame in 3 months, top clans locking everything down thing. And the best part about all of my suggestion, YOU CAN ALWAYS REVERT THEM and go back to standard play, you have OPTIONS, you allow yourself some wiggle room, which you dont have if you go with strict, standard server settings, i say, lets fucking try this, worst case we go back to old settings, but lets atleast fucking try to be more unique. It's late, i probably made alot of grammar mistakes.

1) biddable clan halls

we saw how club eventually changed and how ppl were scared to pvp coz of losing exp, not stnading unless they get bress. now imagine CH bidding is every 2 months, someone decides to overbid you and you lose 50% return xp for 2 months, thats absolutely crazy if you asked me and will decrease amount of pvp.
once you succeed to get good CH, i dont think you should be worried about suddenly losing it because someone decides to screw you up. You want to get rid of adena on server? you want to not have dead clans sitting with CHs? make it that you pay big adena for actually maintaining CH, lets say 100kk for low tier CHs and like 500kk for top tier CHs a week.
that way once you big and win CH, as long as you are active and managing your clan, it shouldnt really be problem to keep the CHs running (lets say small clan of 30 ppl of casuals, that would be like 3kk a week from everyone to keep low tier CH). nobody is going to keep pumping that adena to keep CHs and small/mid tier clans will be able to get hands on their own, while big sides dont need to be worried to get screwed over. On top of it, eventually we know club had mechanic ready for newly arriving clans and thats exactly what you said - provisional CH - "infinite" amount of basic CH which is biddable every 2 weeks i think? so even if there is no CH left at the moment, clans could take those until some CH with dead clan gets free

2) no boxing

sounds good, doesnt work. i agree its frustrating to be able to log full party and then do pve yourself, but i can tell you exactly same frustrating thing is when you log in and you cant do anything because you cant even log basic buffer for yourself, while waiting long time to find some random main buffer, if you even manage to find one. 1+1 is not big deal, yes, there will still be ppl who will do 6 boxes with their pc+2 laptops, but its much more annoying that on old club
another thing why it works on those servers you mentioned but wouldnt really work in here is because first of all, elmore is C1, the lower lvl you are, the less buffs you need on top of that gameplay being "use dot, run around with mob for eternity, 1 hp last hit", you dont need buffs for that gameplay
reborn is interlude, which has subclass system, which means 1 guy can have access to 4 class chars, which makes it figuring out party much easier, but dont forget you aint getting this on classic
another thing you need to consider is that CH shouldnt have full buffs like you are used to it, hell even low tier castles are not supposed to have CH buffs, so you shouldnt be able to do the thing they do "just take CH buffs, haste potions, lets go farm with 1 destro and thats it" - thats not how classic works

3) lower rates

i could totally see it going at least to x2, eventho now that they announced it, idk if they can change it - why? - x3 talking island server was made before skelth or NA classic even came to scene, which means only small % of ppl who followed russian/korean classic had info on whats good, how to do stuff properly, etc., so ppl didnt have the best setups, ppl werent the most efficient, but those times are long gone, 1.5 classic is already explored and ppl who abuse the meta will reach end game MUCH sooner than what it was back in the days, so to slow down the progress a bit, i could see it becoming lower rate
on other hand, club has updates ready this time (hopefully), so you dont need to wait 1.5 year for updating and you can go forward on slightly faster pace than it used to, because simply updates will be comming faster (lets say 6-9 months i guess?), which also makes it fair to old ppl if it ever comes to merge of old server and new server

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

1) biddable clan halls

we saw how club eventually changed and how ppl were scared to pvp coz of losing exp, not stnading unless they get bress. now imagine CH bidding is every 2 months, someone decides to overbid you and you lose 50% return xp for 2 months, thats absolutely crazy if you asked me and will decrease amount of pvp.
once you succeed to get good CH, i dont think you should be worried about suddenly losing it because someone decides to screw you up. You want to get rid of adena on server? you want to not have dead clans sitting with CHs? make it that you pay big adena for actually maintaining CH, lets say 100kk for low tier CHs and like 500kk for top tier CHs a week.
that way once you big and win CH, as long as you are active and managing your clan, it shouldnt really be problem to keep the CHs running (lets say small clan of 30 ppl of casuals, that would be like 3kk a week from everyone to keep low tier CH). nobody is going to keep pumping that adena to keep CHs and small/mid tier clans will be able to get hands on their own, while big sides dont need to be worried to get screwed over. 

That's also a good idea. Just make sure to implement a system that doesn't let big clans control clan halls indefinitely like they did on TI. Also admins shouldn't be afraid to change that amount with each major update and according to the state of the economy. Clan halls were a major issue in old club and also incentivized RMT. For a small, upcoming clan the only realistic way to get your hands on one back then was paying up in euros(or fat amounts of adenas that would be traded for euros by the seller), and that's only if the inactive owners were willing to part with it. I'm sure they'd think twice over keeping a weekly 100kk money sink on their possession.

Edited by SemenArsonist

3 hours ago, MoDoy said:

1) biddable clan halls

The problem with that is that this way the price is regulated by the GM, not the buying power of the community. Any amount of money you decide on will either be too much or too little in different stages of the server. Of course, this can be monitored manually, but do we really want GMs to interfere with that? 

If the problem is "exp loss relief", then we should look for alternatives to clan halls, imo. Maybe some clan skill or something.