Sign in to follow this  
Frozenn

Rates, XP lost from death, Multiboxing

I belive if rates are decressed, the server longevity is automaticly incressed with it, and while you can say that its "too hardcore" the strix / achivment stuff will help alot with easing this pain tbh. Lets say we instead do x2 rates (perferably I would even say x1), with the current bonus with runes and stuff, it will still be pretty good for "casual" and more relaxed type of people, while making it slower and simply incressing the lifespan of the server

Also the argument against it I see often is that when people die, they log out cause they lose alot of XP and with lower rates, ppl will die 1 time and log out to wait BRES in next day.
Woudnt it be a smart idea to perhaps change how this system works? For example lower the amount of XP you lose if you die to a wartag (lets say you will lose 2% at level 76+ and if you click "to CH", you recover 50% of this XP so technacly you lose only 1%)
. With this, you will give more incentives to having wars up, more incentives to die fighting (lets say if you get PK you lose 4%, if you die to normal flag you lose only 3%) and just automatly incress the life span of the server

About boxing, I would love if server was true 1 box, but I can get behind 1+1 for people that just want to play classic by themselves and relax. What I cannot support is people having access to more PCs and beeing able to log as many chars as they want, that will just completly murder 80% of active supports and just push people towards full solo play so they can hoard all resources and rewards to themselves, killing the sense of comunity that parting with others brings.
I think if we wont reduce it to true 1 box, at less we shouldnt allow more then 1+1 per IP, with a special case beeing applied to people that share house with family / friends / pets that also wish to play the server

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frozenn said:

I belive if rates are decressed, the server longevity is automaticly incressed with it, and while you can say that its "too hardcore" the strix / achivment stuff will help alot with easing this pain tbh. Lets say we instead do x2 rates (perferably I would even say x1), with the current bonus with runes and stuff, it will still be pretty good for "casual" and more relaxed type of people, while making it slower and simply incressing the lifespan of the server

Also the argument against it I see often is that when people die, they log out cause they lose alot of XP and with lower rates, ppl will die 1 time and log out to wait BRES in next day.
Woudnt it be a smart idea to perhaps change how this system works? For example lower the amount of XP you lose if you die to a wartag (lets say you will lose 2% at level 76+ and if you click "to CH", you recover 50% of this XP so technacly you lose only 1%)
. With this, you will give more incentives to having wars up, more incentives to die fighting (lets say if you get PK you lose 4%, if you die to normal flag you lose only 3%) and just automatly incress the life span of the server

About boxing, I would love if server was true 1 box, but I can get behind 1+1 for people that just want to play classic by themselves and relax. What I cannot support is people having access to more PCs and beeing able to log as many chars as they want, that will just completly murder 80% of active supports and just push people towards full solo play so they can hoard all resources and rewards to themselves, killing the sense of comunity that parting with others brings.
I think if we wont reduce it to true 1 box, at less we shouldnt allow more then 1+1 per IP, with a special case beeing applied to people that share house with family / friends / pets that also wish to play the server

A true 1 box system could only work if you prevent people from re-logging...

Like maybe can only log in 1 account per IP per 30 minutes. That way you can't relog a PP/SWS/Bd.

I agree x1 rates with a lower death penalty (especially in pvp/clan war) is much more preferable than x3 with a huge death penalty.

I think we should do...

- 2 Accounts per IP

- Lower exp rates to x2 or x1

- Lower Death Penalty (significantly lower in case of Clan War)

- Lower Raid Boss Exp, increase Raid Boss Drops (make them pvp objectives for Gear rather than methods to plvl someone)

If we do all that, we have a pretty good long term server that encourages open world pvp

Right now i will clear 1 thing up just to be done with it's discussion.

And that thing is dualbox

It will NOT be limited per IP, and there are several reasons for it, 1 of which is really critical.

1. We can not limit family members/roommates playing from the same IP. We are not authorized to request any documents as a proof that there are more than 1 person playing from the same IP, and any other proofs can be easily forged.
2. To execute such limitation, we have to find and block every public and custom proxy. Here we will be facing 2 problems. Custom proxy are extremely hard to find and second - we have players, who have to use proxy in order to play to reduce ping to the server, overwise the game is unplayable. And in order to have successful server we need to be open to as many players as possible.
3. The critical reason - in order to have such limitation we can not have DDoS protection. Because every decent DDoS protection forbids us to collect player's IPs, implementing such limitation is physically impossible. We are not ready to risk server stability over such thing as IP box limit.

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

So if someone has 3 PCs what's stopping him/her from logging 6 accounts at the same time? Or is that permitted?

There are so many ways how to check multiboxes... And dont forget: san0 never sleeps...

7 hours ago, Gabe said:

A true 1 box system could only work if you prevent people from re-logging...

Like maybe can only log in 1 account per IP per 30 minutes. That way you can't relog a PP/SWS/Bd.

I agree x1 rates with a lower death penalty (especially in pvp/clan war) is much more preferable than x3 with a huge death penalty.

I think we should do...

- 2 Accounts per IP

- Lower exp rates to x2 or x1

- Lower Death Penalty (significantly lower in case of Clan War)

- Lower Raid Boss Exp, increase Raid Boss Drops (make them pvp objectives for Gear rather than methods to plvl someone)

If we do all that, we have a pretty good long term server that encourages open world pvp

about IP limitations kse already explained it well so not much to touch there. its not a viable option.

about exp on death, with clan war people already gets half exp loss + ch another half + x% if they use death penalty scroll.

bosses will have lower EXP then on TIx3 or in classic later patches.

1 hour ago, Lafi said:

There are so many ways how to check multiboxes... And dont forget: san0 never sleeps...

almost true.

PS: complaining about forum being old stuff and playing lineage 2 xD...  you gotta get the full boomer experience, old game, old type of communications, old computers, old connections...

• Like 1

Considering that we Will start from 1.5 + that people already know optimal ways to Farm + we Will have strix xp scroll reward (even nerfed), i think Its a must for the server longevity that the staff reduces the exp rate for at least x2...i think no one wants lvl 70 chars in like one or Two months...

Edited by Setzer

just remove the xp scrolls fully and keep it x3, you can do this strix nerfed thing on 2.0, but even then it must be time limited scroll to use
never introduce xp scrolls in CHs/castles, in events if you want, rather have longer/better buff for xp boost during it rather than big drops of xp scrolls as a reward, dont let people stack up on them, its total game killer, ppl will speedrun sh1t out of this chronicle either way, no need to make it even easier for them

about xp loss, its already 1/2 or 1/4 if you have wars up (so 1% or 2% instead of 4%) and in future chronicles that should be even lower after 76 lvl i think (1% to non war, 0.25% or 0.5% to war), on top of which if you add CH and possible addition of clan luck (less % loss on death), that should be more than fine. as long as ppl dont get infinite source of bresses and dont get used to 100% resses, they wont even notice the xp loss

Edited by MoDoy

i agree with modoy, scrolls must totally be removed for server start same for strix, makes no sense.

And if u feel like speed running the server to catch up later, why not boost exp on high level zones, instead of scrolls or bosses xp?

• Like 1

And also, please implement grade A and S sooner so we dont have star Wars mode too early. And no hellbound before Valakas and/or Frintezza. Please keep It classic 😁

I mean. That's why we're asking for lower rates and no boosts. We want to avoid becoming like Talking Island with everyone walking around with overenchanted shit and lvl 80s like it's nothing in 2.0. 

Keep in mind that general client knowledge is way higher than what it used to be back in 2015, so it will be much easier for people to speedrun. 

if i am not mistaken it took 1,5 month for Soil (correct me if am wrong) melee cp to hit lvl 70 on another 1.5 classic server without exp scrolls and it was x3 aswell
So imagine a mage setup with exp scrolls how much faster it would be

I agree with the rest, no xp scrolls, if it were up to me, evere, 2x rates would be nice too, with boxing allowed it's not gonna be that hard to xp.

6 hours ago, Setzer said:

Considering that we Will start from 1.5 + that people already know optimal ways to Farm + we Will have strix xp scroll reward (even nerfed), i think Its a must for the server longevity that the staff reduces the exp rate for at least x2...i think no one wants lvl 70 chars in like one or Two months...

Agreed. The server will be dead soon if hardcore players achieve lvl 70 in a couple weaks.

We are playing Classic because we want a long run, not a sprint. Leveling should be hard, dieing should be painfull. Without it PVP is meaningless.

7 hours ago, MoDoy said:

just remove the xp scrolls fully and keep it x3, you can do this strix nerfed thing on 2.0, but even then it must be time limited scroll to use
never introduce xp scrolls in CHs/castles, in events if you want, rather have longer/better buff for xp boost during it rather than big drops of xp scrolls as a reward, dont let people stack up on them, its total game killer, ppl will speedrun sh1t out of this chronicle either way, no need to make it even easier for them

about xp loss, its already 1/2 or 1/4 if you have wars up (so 1% or 2% instead of 4%) and in future chronicles that should be even lower after 76 lvl i think (1% to non war, 0.25% or 0.5% to war), on top of which if you add CH and possible addition of clan luck (less % loss on death), that should be more than fine. as long as ppl dont get infinite source of bresses and dont get used to 100% resses, they wont even notice the xp loss

I think the scrolls should completly be removed and the rates should still be decressed to x2

They can easly be introduced at a later date to give a boost to new players in order to get them up there fast and pump blood into the late game stage, maybe around the time server updates to 2.0 (lets say 6-8 months after server opening)

Edited by Frozenn
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Fortuna said:

I mean. That's why we're asking for lower rates and no boosts. We want to avoid becoming like Talking Island with everyone walking around with overenchanted shit and lvl 80s like it's nothing in 2.0. 

Keep in mind that general client knowledge is way higher than what it used to be back in 2015, so it will be much easier for people to speedrun. 

that has easy solution as well, do NOT introduce improved enchants, suddenly you wont have ppl running with +8 sets and +16 top weapons after getting lucky 2-3 clicks

Will there be P2W shop? (on website it says "no P2W shop")     Auctions for real money?  Just asking... I'd like it to be old fashioned...

Edited by radzio0205