Sign in to follow this  
Budesca

Thunder Wyvern

Hello everyone,

I have been killing thunder wyrm (https://l2db.club/?show=npc_info&id=20243https://l2db.club/?show=npc_info&id=20282)

The mob drops 5 parts of weapon at 1/200 chance. So the chance that a mob doesnt drop any its (199/200)^5 (something like 97'52 %) 

Yesterday and today I have been killing this "lovely" wyrm and I get 0 keys. I killed more than 120, when they should drop a key every 40 wyrms (on average, you know ramdomness can be luck/badluck). But the chance of not getting any key on 120 mobs is 5%, which means at 95% you should get at least one key. 

Dunno if it's something wrong with my pony, the way I kill, the rng that hates me or God wanna make me suffer (except the day I killed three salamander and two of them droped me a mid D weapon, wtf(?)) but I feel like something is not working, maybe because I do not understand the mechanics of the "randomness". 

Can you help me to solve this mistery?

Thank you for your work and the great server.  

PD: My sumoner is 53 and mobs are 54 lvl

Edited by Budesca
  • Like 1

Today I got 1 part over 180 Thunder wyrm. (expected 4'5 parts) The part droped on the wyrm nº 57.

Edited by Budesca

So everything seems okey. It has group chance, that means that is still 1/200 for a part drop. (Any part, doesnt matter that it drops 5 of them, the chance is still 1/200.