Sign in to follow this  
Naitrino

Losing/Drop Gear-Items From Npc Death

If you would not lose items after getting killed by mobs, then most of the people would go solo, and to prevent that from happening this function is activated. Not only to stop people from playing apart from each other, but to make them cooporate and communicate with each others. I think that is the main reason for this function. Thumb's up for HardCore ^^

It's just stupid force the ppl to play in party, it should be the best option, not the only option. And the boy what lose his weapon, was playing in party. Anyway, just my opnion...

on offi they did remove this feature in the past around c4 or c5, but it was only because they were aiming for a more casual playerbase in order to increase subscriptions.

also, with the introduction of A~S grade gear, the risk of loosing items after months of farming was becoming a real threat for the game itself, since those items were only craftable and couldn't be bought via NPC, unlike low-tier C~B grade gear from the Luxury shop.

all in all, it would probably reduce the amount of griefers and make the gameplay a bit more "relaxed" for everyone, but it would also reduce the level of awareness for griefers/PK when someone goes out of town to exp.

people would probably still group up together in any case, since at higher levels it's impossible to solo mobs with crap equipment, but in the end it's up to the admins to decide.

• Like 1

Exactly like fenril said: no drop is aimed for casual playerz. Where are ur ballz? It adds emotion and thrill. If you loose 1 item you will stop playing? And what are the chances to drop the gun? If you are so scared dont overenchant item, better save for another one :)) and the chance  loosing item is the same as getting item dropped by another player! 

For me -10% exp was ok too. Sometimes it was really frustrating to die, especialy 3 times in a row or so, but you keep going right? Its not telletubies mmo or sims3 - it is lineage classic, with all its emotion and thrill. Thats the best thing in lineage - it is not easy, you not only gain, but sometimes loose, and loose a lot.

In start all was happy about hardcore server.. What happened?

Exactly like fenril said: no drop is aimed for casual playerz. Where are ur ballz? It adds emotion and thrill. If you loose 1 item you will stop playing? And what are the chances to drop the gun? If you are so scared dont overenchant item, better save for another one :)) and the chance  loosing item is the same as getting item dropped by another player! 

For me -10% exp was ok too. Sometimes it was really frustrating to die, especialy 3 times in a row or so, but you keep going right? Its not telletubies mmo or sims3 - it is lineage classic, with all its emotion and thrill. Thats the best thing in lineage - it is not easy, you not only gain, but sometimes loose, and loose a lot.

In start all was happy about hardcore server.. What happened?

​Hardcore is one thing, stupidity is another.
To pacify this issue make it so you still drop items in your inventory, just not your equiped stuff because that is just plain stupid. There is little cons to changing it if you do it smoothly and alot to benefit, player-base speaking. The staff should really consider this in my opinion, why risk losing support for such a simple fix?

*Warning*

Long post incoming 9_9

Everyone is talking about socializing and be in a clan and have friends and trust them, like its your only option.
Let me ask you a few questions.

Are you 100% certain that you will get your stuff back?
If you are 100% certain, how can you do that? How can you be 100% certain that you will get it back?
Is it because you spoke to him/her/them for a few months?
Is it because you are in the same party/clan?
Is it both?

Right now I am trying the Elven Knight class and I am in a clan that I believe is good and has potential. None of my long time friends are playing L2 anymore so I am alone at the moment.

On Official back in the day I played a Ghost Hunter and really tried socializing, meeting new people, being in a clan and all those "fun" stuff. On a party exp expedition the tank messed up, I got aggro and dropped my hard earned Kris. I saw my "teammate" pick it up, so I was relaxed. The moment I went to village he logged out. I thought he had a crash. So I waited. A few minutes later I was kicked from the clan with no warning and not getting my stuff back.

Do not tell me that socializing and being in a clan is my one and only option. I will laugh at you and tell you to go and play PAC-Man. I cannot just trust other people apart from my long time friends. If my friends are not with me and I have no other choice, I will be extremely thorough about my party choices and seriously consider going alone.

To summarize, nothing can be taken for granted.
The fact that you met a guy/girl/people in a clan/party and spoke to him/her/them for months upon months, does not guarantee you that you can trust them. If they want to take your stuff they will do it anyway. It has been done before and will surely be done again.

I am not against the "Drop Items On Death" mechanic. If I lose my stuff I need to live with it, because it's was my choice to join that party / go alone / etc. Having it not drop your equipped items will solve nothing. The most valuable items that you then might drop is your Soulshots and Spiritshots! Really? Why then not disable it completely?
I am against your logic and forcefulness of the need to be in a clan and have trust. Some people like me don't look for that experience. Speaking for myself: I did it, it was fun, it is over. I trust my long time friends, I might find some good guys but I don't count on it. If I lose my items so be it. I will get new ones.

Trust needs to be earned not gained.

I don't expect people to agree with me, most likely I will get rampaged, but again. This is MY personal view on the topic. Don't take it personally. It is not intended to be that way!

Thanks for reading up to this point. You are awesome! ^_^

• Like 1

*Warning*

Long post incoming 9_9

Everyone is talking about socializing and be in a clan and have friends and trust them, like its your only option.
Let me ask you a few questions.

Are you 100% certain that you will get your stuff back?
If you are 100% certain, how can you do that? How can you be 100% certain that you will get it back?
Is it because you spoke to him/her/them for a few months?
Is it because you are in the same party/clan?
Is it both?

Right now I am trying the Elven Knight class and I am in a clan that I believe is good and has potential. None of my long time friends are playing L2 anymore so I am alone at the moment.

On Official back in the day I played a Ghost Hunter and really tried socializing, meeting new people, being in a clan and all those "fun" stuff. On a party exp expedition the tank messed up, I got aggro and dropped my hard earned Kris. I saw my "teammate" pick it up, so I was relaxed. The moment I went to village he logged out. I thought he had a crash. So I waited. A few minutes later I was kicked from the clan with no warning and not getting my stuff back.

Do not tell me that socializing and being in a clan is my one and only option. I will laugh at you and tell you to go and play PAC-Man. I cannot just trust other people apart from my long time friends. If my friends are not with me and I have no other choice, I will be extremely thorough about my party choices and seriously consider going alone.

To summarize, nothing can be taken for granted.
The fact that you met a guy/girl/people in a clan/party and spoke to him/her/them for months upon months, does not guarantee you that you can trust them. If they want to take your stuff they will do it anyway. It has been done before and will surely be done again.

I am not against the "Drop Items On Death" mechanic. If I lose my stuff I need to live with it, because it's was my choice to join that party / go alone / etc. Having it not drop your equipped items will solve nothing. The most valuable items that you then might drop is your Soulshots and Spiritshots! Really? Why then not disable it completely?
I am against your logic and forcefulness of the need to be in a clan and have trust. Some people like me don't look for that experience. Speaking for myself: I did it, it was fun, it is over. I trust my long time friends, I might find some good guys but I don't count on it. If I lose my items so be it. I will get new ones.

Trust needs to be earned not gained.

I don't expect people to agree with me, most likely I will get rampaged, but again. This is MY personal view on the topic. Don't take it personally. It is not intended to be that way!

Thanks for reading up to this point. You are awesome! ^_^

​+1 :D At least i agree with you.

• Like 1