Sign in to follow this  
Dean

Tanks. How bad are they now?

So, I'm thinking of starting to play in the server - thinking about DA. (been playing tanks for over 10 years)

Well, after reading some posts it seems that tanks are irrelevant to current chronicle/version. But since DVC is x4 hp tanks might be hopefully useful now?

So the main question would be : how are tanks in the server or are tanks even useful, how hard is to find a cp/party for a tank, (soloing?) Or should i pick something like WL, OL ?

I'd appreciate any info you can give to me, thank you!

From the little time i have had here so far I would summarize the following:

- tanks are wanted (at all levels). Pretty much you will have party since level 24 till above.

- one issue with them is the "good" wishers. What i mean here is when someone comes and stuns you while you are training monsters, one result could be that you die and drop gear...

- personally i find that the most "wanted" classes are tanks & SE, EE at this moment and also SWS/BD

Welcome to server man! As u said that u've played DA for 10 years and after what i've knew. Tank is very useful for raiding epic bosses, stun and paralyze enemies if u r DA which it is very suitable with your avatar picture ? Just play the class that u like most and enjoy it man. Lately if u find a good cp and then u figure it out that ur team need SWS or BD more than DA u always can reroll to them easily by donate 20eu :P

• Haha 1

Well this changes things. So where tanks mostly are used in this server?

​Tanks

24 - partisans (close to dion) you can stay there up till level 30

30 - aligator island/cruma tower/lizardmen plains (oren)

40 - DV/cruma2/timak orcs (oren)

45+ - EV/DV

55+ ...... (not there yet, but from what i see tanks have farmed EV till beginning 60s) afterwards i guess LoA

No i meant in parties - I'm well aware of farming zones. I haven't tried classic, but a lot of people saying im better off playing WL/OL/SWS for tanking. 

In C3, mostly used is BD and Sws, they can make same work of a Tank, but, this is classic, so, a remake of C3 w/ base on Last update, Goddess of Destruction (whatever). Then, because of this BD n Sws can't make same work at high level. If u think in really make trains, At lv. 55+ is better u be a real Tank, DA / Paladin / Temple / Shilien.

Welcome to the server and I hope you like it. Particularly a DA with your experience should be familiar with a purpose of their class, and I warn you to be a little different from what it is applied in the Classic.
The tankers in the Classic are somewhat limited in their functions, they have a great look, but its function is basically to use agression and run. They are coveted by PTs to trains. Not to mention that up to a certain level (55+) are easily replaced by BDs and SWS.There will always be parties, regardless of their level, but in my opinion, very monotonous this function.
I would recommend other classes due to their interactivity and demand on the server, especially Overlord and Warcryer which, thanks to conflicts between the server fronts has demonstrated its advantages. I hope I could have helped and once again welcome.

so better to party with wizard + SE. Or if you and your party wizard have good equip, you can party together to fast lvl up and good profit. But agro here work right=) and you must agro very often=)

So this is the main problem. Do i play tank or do i not. If i'm literally useless the most of the times - it's not worth it. 

Yeah but if i have to grind till 55 on my own, it's kind of horrid. Especially if i'm a tank.

​u missunderstood. U dont have to grind till that lvl by ur self. its just like that till this lvl area sws/bd are nearly as good as tanker as u are.

u will find partys without any doubts

Yeah but if i have to grind till 55 on my own, it's kind of horrid. Especially if i'm a tank.

​fortunaly, only DA and SK  is capable of grinding solo, ironic, huh ? =))

if you will be a dark avenger it doesnt mater where, dark avengers are like chuck norris of the L2, best class ever. and the most important part, like all real man should, you will have a black cat!!! xD

now that i left my totally not influential comment, ill leave the post for the ppl who actually play the game and know about this xD 

• Like 1

Soloing? Where?

​<40 : try to find some random pt for aoe

40-50: after finish 2nd transfer quest, go to aligator island and start grinding with your dog

50-60: now go to enchanted valley and do the same thing

suggestion: donate 10 euro and make a SE to recharge yourself and have DW/focus buff

Soloing? Where?

​Change class if you wanna solo .. on classic .. with tank..

As above qloc01 said - AI - aoe pt EV/DV aoe PT LoA aoe PT

• Sad 1

Soloing? Where?

​<40 : try to find some random pt for aoe

40-50: after finish 2nd transfer quest, go to aligator island and start grinding with your dog

50-60: now go to enchanted valley and do the same thing

suggestion: donate 10 euro and make a SE to recharge yourself and have DW/focus buff

​ITS A CAT!!! >:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember watching an l2classic pvp video where a fully buffed dark panther was hitting a gladiator in robes for 50 damage.

Panther was white for the gladiator, indicating it was in its level range.

http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IbeFhwzZaKc&s=185&e=194#L2_Classic_-_Shillien_-_Folkmord_-_Gladiator_PvP_v.5

edit: Oh wait it was 28 damage, with 44 crit rate.

Damn, if only the pather could of hit another 339x he could of killed him. 

Im glad theres no beast shots in the 1.5.
56 damage, 44 crit, using 4-7x beast shots (50a per shot) a hit? Pls ncsoft, I only can get so wet.  
We gotta at least give archers ranged silences before we add that to the game.

I remember watching an l2classic pvp video where a fully buffed dark panther was hitting a gladiator in robes for 50 damage.

Panther was white for the gladiator, indicating it was in its level range.

http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IbeFhwzZaKc&s=185&e=194#L2_Classic_-_Shillien_-_Folkmord_-_Gladiator_PvP_v.5

edit: Oh wait it was 28 damage, with 44 crit rate.

Damn, if only the pather could of hit another 339x he could of killed him. 

Im glad theres no beast shots in the 1.5.
56 damage, 44 crit, using 4-7x beast shots (50a per shot) a hit? Pls ncsoft, I only can get so wet.  
We gotta at least give archers ranged silences before we add that to the game.

​Shit, i lost my chance of getting here b4 pet shots :(