Sign in to follow this  
Squid

30 Years old player opinion regarding RUClassic

If you have time please read below impression of a 30 years old player in Russian Classic. It's worth it! I found that in 4game forum. I dont agree in all points with the author. However he writes his opinion regarding RUClassic and I respect any kind of opinion :)

So, after playing a bit on russian classic I would like to talk a bit about the expectations the community seem to have. People seem to think that the online they have to expect for server to succeed is around 3000 players.

This is terribly wrong, as C1 is a very small chronicle there is a low amount of spots and the overall spot level discrapency is very high, way wider than any official server at the moment.

From my experience as a player playing on Gran Kain in the mornings the online is always around 1500 players, this is NOT EVEN CLOSE to GK's prime time of 3500.
And man, do i have to say most of the spots are filled up anyway. There's literally people everywhere. The freshers, people on level 20 spots, level 30, Cruma is filled up with CP trains. Even freaking dragon valley is full of people.
I do not even want to write what happens with 3500 online on such a small map as Classic, which doesn't even have all the C1 (!) zones!

The general opinion is that server will faill if it doesn't come close to GK's prime time online, but I'll tell you one thing - we don't even need 1500.

If we get an average online of 1000 players that will be totally enough of what is required to have a good and fun server. And that's the number of players that i expect there to be after 2 months. After all the people live down the nostalgia and they decide to flush it down the drain, being hit by reality - this game makes no sense without a CP, CPs disband often and it's a hard ******* task to find one if you don't play a support class.

And as shown by the statistics graph, everyone wants to play pro OWNATOR class - mostly nukers since they are the best on early chronicles, but also archers. The server's stability will be measured by the amount of active support and how many active CPs will stay there for around 4 months. Because to get to the end game you do need around 4 months of play.
Yes, if you dedicate to this server and want to be active it's atleast 4 months of grind.
And it will be too much for most of the nostalgia warriors that have jobs and they will quit after 2 months.

What I expect is the server to have 3000 active online at start, keep it around for a month just like russian GK and then the player base should start going away, after 2 months the prime time should be around 1500 and 1000 all around online on the server. That's my prediction and i think it's gonna be fairly accurate looking at all the data we have from Core's start and how the russian server started up as well. There won't be alot of boxes. They do not make sense. The active support and CPs is what will make the difference between server being good or bad.

The reality of the RUclassic is very harsh as well for a player that want to dedicate, they won't ever be able to use soulshots consantly. With the 1/6 adena drop rate and the cost of crafting them they only server their use at PvP, and honestly it is very painful to level without a CP. I'd say it's impossible to get 40 on your own, UNLESS you play a warlord with a boxed WC. Warlord has this awesome stun landrate which keeps the mobs permastunned.

So yes, if you're 30 years of age, got a job and want to play casually, then listen to me. Your only option is warlord. Literally. On this chronicle, without shots. If you want to get somewhere, even slowly you won't be able to unless you play a warlord. Other classes are just not even sufficient for solo players. Also don't remember about a box.

This kinda conludes this rant, just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions the community seem to have and offer my perspective as a long time RUclassic player. I really do hope the server will succeed and we'll get a stable and realtively bot-free experience. People just need to know what REALLY they should expect, and that if they want to play a nuker/gladi/archer and don't have time to commit to CP they will be forced to quit after a month. Because, without shots, without a boxed support. They won't be able to do litreally anything. And even if you count in all the previously mentioned factors it will be still too much of a pain in the *** for them and they will either quit or the game will become a grind with the fun factor disappearing, I know there are masochists that will force themselves through it, but really. What's the point?

The only question is..... is Innova willing to keep the server alive for those 1000 people?
I think the only way for it to be mildly profitable is pay2play and eur8 monthly option.
And you SHOULD hope for pay2play if you want this server to stay around.

TL;dr - 1000 online will be enough to keep the world busy and make it feel alive on C1's map.

• Like 1

About class variety, since this server is x3, it will appeal also to casual players now who want to play whatever class they want.

Lot of words and numbers, no sources. I know this guy from 4game forums, he's always complaining about classic, click on him and check his posts activity.
"And as shown by the statistics graph"        lol

His posts (click on recent activity tab):
https://4gameforum.com/members/sellas.194771/

About class variety, since this server is x3, it will appeal also to casual players now who want to play whatever class they want.

x3 is still hard, remember that classic rates are about x1/6 of old chronicles. If people are thinking in playing X3, ONLY because they doesn't have time to play, well, they will have a surprise.

Lot of words and numbers, no sources. I know this guy from 4game forums, he's always complaining about classic, click on him and check his posts activity.
"And as shown by the statistics graph"        lol

His posts (click on recent activity tab):
https://4gameforum.com/members/sellas.194771/

x3 is still hard, remember that classic rates are about x1/6 of old chronicles. If people are thinking in playing X3, ONLY because they doesn't have time to play, well, they will have a surprise.

​Well I dont know him at all but I agree with him on the population as it is true that 1.5k makes server looks full. As for the Warlord that is the only class that can solo ... well he is totally wrong...

And yes I agree with you x3 is still hard... 1/2 than C1 rates :D without newbie buffs and free NG/DG weapons and thats why players should reeally think what they expecting and what they want to gain from this server... 

My opinion is that whatever class you make you should like the class that is the first rule. Second rule is... always try to find party otherwise... you are going to get bored in one month... Classic is all about parties.