Sign in to follow this  
Sett

Translator module for forum

First there was a heated discussion about foreign players not speaking english.

Then, the moment they try, they get immediately berated because their english is not as good as someone else's. ...And is, frankly,  very hard to understand.

It has occured to me, that google translator works well enough for most foreign languages, and it is also easy to link. I think there even is an API for that.

So maybe you could add an option to every post to show automatic translation alongside the original text, so that those less versed in the ways of western tongues can talk to the rest of us. Or, if that is not possible, at least a button that would open the text in new translator window (ctrl+c, ctrl+v is so hard these days :D *).

I think it would go a long way in improving both relationships and, more importantly, understanding between different nations in our little comunity here ;)

*No, not hard, but it takes too long. I'm on GPRS connection with terrible signal most of the time i visit forum, and just loading the translator, setting the languages, pasting the text.... takes a lot more time than i care to invest in translating every single post not written in english..

Thanks, i haven't thought of that.

That's pretty much the funtion i had in mind, although it would still be nice to have it available for everyone, and everywhere, rather than only those with translator plugin, but i guess we have more pressing matters at hand =)