Sign in to follow this  
Squid

Same class different races! Lets compare!

My personal opinion, I am a pvp freak... If you need explanations please PM or quote...

Tank: Dark Avenger 

Archer: Hawkeye

Dagger: AW but TH has more advantage and is the easy one to play... so noobs go TH...lol

Mages: SPS

Buffers: Depends on what... this is a difficult one, but overall for buffing a single target PP

Sumoners: Warlock ( I cant say much here though )

Tank: Dark Avenger. Panther is OP and shield stun too.  SK is the second choice because of his skill set.

Paladin and TK are inferior in Classic.

Archer: I've always seen HE superior to other archers. Maybe cuz it has balanced stats. But at full buffs PR maybe is better cuz of dead eye.

Daggers:  TH is better. Nothing else to say.

mage: for sure Necromancer is the best(and expesive) one. Probably the strongest class on Classic. The second choice would be SpS.

summoner: Warlock and Phanton Summoner have Poison. Elemental have nothing. So Warlock and PS are better. I prefer Warlock because Kai the cat have better Run speed.

Healer:  Shillien Elder is the best. It has good buffs, and Greater Heal + Greater Group Heal. 

The answer to this question is... "any class." L2P. 99.9% of the game's players don't understand their class and how it relates to other classes. As such, if you actually learn a class -- regardless of which class it is -- you're going to rock the shit out of the vast majority of players with no problems. People need to quit with this "xxx is best" bullshit; every class has its pros and cons, and it's learning how to take advantage of and compensate for them that will bring you to the top.

​This is bullcrap, as much as it pains me to say it - L2 was never an mmorpg that needs lots of skills in PvP. Just pick a target and start mashing few skills. If you're a mage or archer - pick a target and mash skills while occasionally running away from your target. There's always some class that always beats the other with the exception of if the weaker class gets more lucky with critical hits and stuns.

​I like how so many people claim this. This is why you're going to get rolled in PvP. Anyways, not that it's that big of a deal. Server goes live soon and you'll see for yourself, :p. There's going to be a LOT of people bitching about me here, but I love the tears. I've been missing it.

Things like this are awesome. And that wasn't farming n00bs. It was farming n00bs until their high levels came and then wiping higher levels/higher geared players of the same class (and other classes). But alas, L2C shall soon learn for themselves. There's actually quite a few references to me (I didn't even find out until years later, as I never visited the official forums, and one day decided to search my own char names to see if there was anything). It was fun, and I look forward to making the same marks here! I already started, but only got to 217 PKs before I got bored and decided to wait until live.

P.S.: if you seriously think that L2 is a skill-less game, I'll personally prove you wrong later. Toss me a PM when you hit 75 and are geared, and I'll kill you on whatever class I hit 75 with first, :p. Not sure if that'll be dwarf, EE or Necro, but that gives you a 66.67% chance of at least having a LITTLE chance of winning.

Tank: Dark Avenger. Panther is OP and shield stun too.  SK is the second choice because of his skill set.

Think DA nice for solo\mele party exping and 1v1 pvp, but for aoe exping or ranged mass pvp SK better (faster, cubics and many ranged skills, aegis in 2.0). 

The answer to this question is... "any class." L2P. 99.9% of the game's players don't understand their class and how it relates to other classes. As such, if you actually learn a class -- regardless of which class it is -- you're going to rock the shit out of the vast majority of players with no problems. People need to quit with this "xxx is best" bullshit; every class has its pros and cons, and it's learning how to take advantage of and compensate for them that will bring you to the top.

​This is bullcrap, as much as it pains me to say it - L2 was never an mmorpg that needs lots of skills in PvP. Just pick a target and start mashing few skills. If you're a mage or archer - pick a target and mash skills while occasionally running away from your target. There's always some class that always beats the other with the exception of if the weaker class gets more lucky with critical hits and stuns.

​I like how so many people claim this. This is why you're going to get rolled in PvP. Anyways, not that it's that big of a deal. Server goes live soon and you'll see for yourself, :p. There's going to be a LOT of people bitching about me here, but I love the tears. I've been missing it.

Things like this are awesome. And that wasn't farming n00bs. It was farming n00bs until their high levels came and then wiping higher levels/higher geared players of the same class (and other classes). But alas, L2C shall soon learn for themselves. There's actually quite a few references to me (I didn't even find out until years later, as I never visited the official forums, and one day decided to search my own char names to see if there was anything). It was fun, and I look forward to making the same marks here! I already started, but only got to 217 PKs before I got bored and decided to wait until live.

P.S.: if you seriously think that L2 is a skill-less game, I'll personally prove you wrong later. Toss me a PM when you hit 75 and are geared, and I'll kill you on whatever class I hit 75 with first, :p. Not sure if that'll be dwarf, EE or Necro, but that gives you a 66.67% chance of at least having a LITTLE chance of winning.

​Well let's say you'll pick a dwarf. What tactics are you gonna use in order to win at PvP against whatever, when the only Skill you have for PvP is stun? (mabie there's something else I don't really remember).

Or if this game will be somewhat close to c3, mabie I will pick DA and you'll pick any archer class, I won't even need to use any skills exept for shield stun and my puma. There has been zero times when I lost a battle with DA against archer, and I have never seen any other DA get beat up by an  archer. (in c3)

Or my best memory of pvp was when I was playing as Spell Howler, going against other Spell Howler. We were both standing in front of each other doing nothing, becouse we knew that as soon as one of us does anything, the other one will use Silence and that's the death for a mage. That's some tactics

hex and posion skills have lower range than archers (not counting that HE is on snipe) so u wont use them

there's a reason why stun has 9 seconds duration if the target doesn't get hit.

in that timeframe u can get closer and use your debuffs, then proceed to attack.

deadeye is good ye and u dont have to stand, lets put us on situation, mass pvp,  will always target DEs before HEs (they have lower life, imagine DE with -15 CON, would be 2 shots while HE dont, and they deal a little bit more dmg)

mass pvp = PR DEAD

that's way too much situational.

in mass PvP usually you don't focus X targets, especially if they're in the back rows. that's simply because if you do you'll probably explode while trying to get closer, and that's because you'll have other ranged classes focusing on you since you'll be standing out.

in mass PvP you just focus on those that are straight in front of you, aka the meat shields.

as for the rest, it always depends on the situation.

it's a given that if the HE is on snipe, you don't go straight to his face with the range disadvantage, you simply wait for his buff to wear off.

for PR it's all about getting in range. once they do, they just need to land a stun followed by debuffs, then they can get the kill.

given that the player knows what he's doing and rng doesn't go wrong, ofc.

PR will get stuned more times than HE, so u wotn be able to hex poison most of the times

with snipe HE gets more range, without it its the same, so getting in range ? wtf if i see one pr casting posion on mass pvp he will get at least 10 arrows and 10 magic spells and that means PR DEAD

if u dont focus good on pvp u are dead, if u focus tanks and meatshields with archers is ur problem not mine

I still don't see why everybody denounces necro PvE so. Okay, you can't use death spike on low rates. and you don't have regular nuke.

But you have CDL, and you have excatly the same summons summoners have.

CDL you can either use the fun way, or the thought-out way. The fun way is minimum HP and monsters you can 1-2 shot with CDL. Probably the same monsters SpS will kill in the same time in 4 shot, wasting twice as much mana, and not getting any from BtM. OR you can stay between 46-55%HP, at which point CDL acts exactly the same as prominence (except resists). You still have HP comparable to SH/SpS at this point +  you have TP ready. I don't see why single target PvE would be any slower for necro, than for Sorc or SpS. SH only get better MP efficiency. And then you have summons to tank or finish monsters for you.

In organised AoE necro is at a disadvantage, having to rely only on poison cloud and corpse burst. Still, poison cloud is some ~55DPS, right away regardless of gear(!), then there is corpse burst onec first monster gets nuked down, A honorable mention here goes to mass slow as well. In a perfect world, necro wouldn't fit much, but the less organised the party is, the more usefull necro is. The braking point, i dare say, is teamspeak.

​Sorry, can't be bothered to search for that picture, but I'm sure you've seen it before:

-> YOUR E-PENIS MUST BE HUGE.

​he was right actually, l2 is not that much of a skill game, also, lvl 75 in classic? funny

you should get down from your horse

​Well let's say you'll pick a dwarf. What tactics are you gonna use in order to win at PvP against whatever, when the only Skill you have for PvP is stun? (mabie there's something else I don't really remember).

Or if this game will be somewhat close to c3, mabie I will pick DA and you'll pick any archer class, I won't even need to use any skills exept for shield stun and my puma. There has been zero times when I lost a battle with DA against archer, and I have never seen any other DA get beat up by an  archer. (in c3)

Or my best memory of pvp was when I was playing as Spell Howler, going against other Spell Howler. We were both standing in front of each other doing nothing, becouse we knew that as soon as one of us does anything, the other one will use Silence and that's the death for a mage. That's some tactics

​SK actually has a much better chance in PvP than DA would. Archers can rape tanks, though. It just takes a long time to do it (arrow resist sucks!). I believe that TK would have the best chance of killing an archer out of all of the tank classes, though, when properly geared and dyed. And SR would definitely be the archer of choice for tank raping. Though a PW can do it as well (and some might argue that the PW has a better chance of living -- it was my PKing choice, personally).

archers can rape tanks, you gotta be kidding

you do realize a tank gets out a bow and hit you 3 time harder than you will against deflect arrow/majesty/etc right? also if you expect to kite them and you get slowed you are also dead
i think a DA can let his finger on the drain button and kill you with no problem
you clearly think you understand much from this game, but for what you type i feel you have clearly no idea of how the game works

​Sorry, can't be bothered to search for that picture, but I'm sure you've seen it before:

-> YOUR E-PENIS MUST BE HUGE.

​Meh, every game has worked the same way. You're GOING to see people on these forums crying. "blah blah xxx keeps griefing me and I'm level 74 and it's hard to level! PLS BAN!"

The fun part is when entire alliances pull you into their Vent server to request a truce because you won't stop griefing their members/killing everyone. There was one guild that wouldn't back down, though, and threatened me until a week later they conceded and asked me to stop killing their 70+'s that were trying to level up because they were in a battle they simply couldn't win.

If you want to challenge me, give me your character name when the server's live and let's see how far you make it before you reroll, :). Do note, however, that I generally won't grief anyone under level 65-70 unless provoked through something other than chat (i.e., KSing, attempting to PK me, etc.).

man i hate ppl like this guy, there is not even a way to get lvl 70 in classic 1.0 you dumb moron, the highest mob in the game is lvl 60

get you facts right before talking all that big amount of crap, no one knows you and no one cares about you probably fake historys

man i hate ppl like this guy, there is not even a way to get lvl 70 in classic 1.0 you dumb moron, the highest mob in the game is lvl 60

get you facts right before talking all that big amount of crap, no one knows you and no one cares about you probably fake historys

​If you don't care, you wouldn't still be responding. This in itself proves you DO care. You're probably going to be one of the people here crying about me in a few months anyways.

Seriously, PM your character name when the server's live. I wanna have fun, :).

Edit: this was my last post on the forums, so if you respond, I won't see it. Toss me a PM if you want to play, :p.

archers can rape tanks, you gotta be kidding

you do realize a tank gets out a bow and hit you 3 time harder than you will against deflect arrow/majesty/etc right? also if you expect to kite them and you get slowed you are also dead
i think a DA can let his finger on the drain button and kill you with no problem
you clearly think you understand much from this game, but for what you type i feel you have clearly no idea of how the game works

​Trust me, no tank kills no archer, unless the archer is completely retarded. Archers have more range AND more speed. Killing tank just takes a long time.

The name is Sett, obviously. Feel free to molest any time you please. You may succeed a couple of times, but that just makes killing cocky morons all the more rewarding.

DA's ate and SK are the biggest problem for archers. 

But it all depends on RNG, if a DA lands his hamstrings and the archer has problems landing his slow he will be in trouble, panther+hammy can be quite a pain in the ass

SK's have a chance of landing lightning strike which rapes.

Problem is, all of those skills have less range, than a bow with longshot 2 has. Or hamstring shot, for that mather.

Problem is, all of those skills have less range, than a bow with longshot 2 has. Or hamstring shot, for that mather.

How about sk cubics? )

tell me where there is a hamstring shot in Classic.

DA hamstring lands pretty easy. And the Panther hits hard.Even Drain Health hits hard on archers. I dont know in what server you played, but a DA would never lose to an archer.

SK slow is a bit harder to land, but it has so many ranged skills that it can Nuke archers.

i love how you ppl talk about 1v1 pvp in open space like if it is something that happens every day, ever saw an archer beating a tank in olympiad?

In olympiad, you can beat archers with warsmith.

I stand corrected on hamstring shot.

What is the range of hamstring?

Yes, a good SK can defeat decent archer, given the same gear level, that's why he's my favorite class - i played mostly on Interlude, where EVERYONE rolled an archer.

But the good ones will always outrun you, unless you're lucky with slow/para.