Sign in to follow this  
Neversummer

XP (Rest) Boost Suggestion

Please no flame, just a suggestion and its cool either way.

For some of us no-lifers, and casuals...

Would be nice to have a [REST] boost for a duration based on hours (Not Played) , Something that is capped (at 4 boosts?), and accrued slowly.

Perhaps boost would be to 4x rates (instead of 3x) for 1 hour for every 4 hours on logged off time.

It would help casuals remain competitive, but still give them no advantage.

So an example:

No lifer plays 16 hours, Rests 8, During next play session [4x, 4x, 3x, 3x, 3x.............3x] (for 16 hours)

Casual plays 4 hours, Rests 20, Next play session [ 4x, 4x, 4x, 4x, log off]

*Disclaimer* only examples, no final numbers, this is just a suggestion, and can be ignored.

Guys, take it easy he just share his idea. My opinion is that 3x is easy enough and even at 4h / day playing you will still enjoy the game ^^

This game is all about how you play it not about how many hours..

Thanks for the idea Neversummer! Its is not bad! I am going to play casual too! 

However the rates are fine as they are now and not rest-boost needed :)  Hola wrote it best!  This game is all about how you play it not about how many hours..

I wouldn't be against a rest boost, or a "Vitality" function.  It does add some balance for those of us that play casually, with those that somehow are able to play 15 hours per day.

I wouldn't be against a rest boost, or a "Vitality" function.  It does add some balance for those of us that play casually, with those that somehow are able to play 15 hours per day.

​Yeah , its really not about speeding up the game for me, I love low rates. Its just an assist to those of us with limited time to maintain level differential with more active mates. I remember being left behind on later raids because of limited schedule. I know at the END level differential will be less of an impact, but between 1-40 , if makes a big difference in party composition.

​Yeah , its really not about speeding up the game for me, I love low rates. Its just an assist to those of us with limited time to maintain level differential with more active mates. I remember being left behind on later raids because of limited schedule. I know at the END level differential will be less of an impact, but between 1-40 , if makes a big difference in party composition.

​I can understand where you're coming from, and the more active players really shouldn't have any issue as it wouldn't affect them and it would provide better group possibilities. However, it would give them more competition, and there lies their gripe. As this is a PvP game largely based on level and chance (gear), a person that does manage to play 15 hrs per day would like to maintain an advantage over players that can only manage 4, and I can also understand their position. It all evens out, and it really is about enjoying the experience, not how you get there.

​I can understand where you're coming from, and the more active players really shouldn't have any issue as it wouldn't affect them and it would provide better group possibilities. However, it would give them more competition, and there lies their gripe. As this is a PvP game largely based on level and chance (gear), a person that does manage to play 15 hrs per day would like to maintain an advantage over players that can only manage 4, and I can also understand their position. It all evens out, and it really is about enjoying the experience, not how you get there.

​In addition... if you have the "boost exp" you wont have the "SP boost" and "adena boost"  which means that: 4 hours farming with boost exp (x4) you will still have SP and adena drop in normal x3 ... lvls in L2 is not everything :D:D :D ... just my opinion :D