Sign in to follow this  
Squid

Same class different races! Lets compare!

Lets have a prodactive discussion regarding same classes but diff races!

Which race is d@ best on :

Tanks

Archers

Daggers

Mages

Buffers

Summoners

​You killed me :D Cant speak Russian :( 

That is the good info  thank you :D or how to say SPS

Squid, "d@ best" for what (PvE/PvP/fun/summary)?

​All the rest except fun :) ... for fun is obvious that you choose the char you like to play :)  

I am going to play for fun which means for me TK  :D 

But I am sure there people here who want to play and be in the competitive allies etc... so I leave for them the discussion.. and you of course if you will play like that!

I started these thread to have something to discuss until the kick off or atleast the OBT :)

Dwarves for the win 

We might not be long distance runners but we are natural sprinters dangerious at close distance :P :P

• Like 1

Someone can translate basicly what he is saying for each group ? what's the best of each and why ? Advantage/disadvantage. 

Tanks

Archers

Daggers

Mages

Buffers

Summoners

​i'll just speak PvP-wise, since it's the main focus of the game.

Tanks: human(DA).

Archer: dark elf.

Dagger: human.

Mage: human(necro).

Buffer: depends on the group setup. generally speaking, warcryers and overlords are probably the only ones who can stand their ground due to stun attacks, debuffs and hp drains. the other buffers are mostly limited to support.

Summonner: human.

The answer to this question is... "any class." L2P. 99.9% of the game's players don't understand their class and how it relates to other classes. As such, if you actually learn a class -- regardless of which class it is -- you're going to rock the shit out of the vast majority of players with no problems. People need to quit with this "xxx is best" bullshit; every class has its pros and cons, and it's learning how to take advantage of and compensate for them that will bring you to the top.

Tanks:   PVE:DA, raids, and, you know, tanking: pala, personal love: SK

Archers: Hawkeye. They have so many advantages compared to elves, it's not even funny

Daggers: TH, same situation, same reasons

Mages: PvE: SH, necro if he is decidedly rich (or high rate private), PvP:Necro, SpS against all those necros (but archers are probably a lot better)

Buffer/healer: if i had to pick one and only one, it would be EE (does he have major heal in classic?). SE is the most versatile in PvE, but has limited use in PvP. PP is godsend for archers. or parties with healer, same for WC. OL and bishops are ... Most frustrating and most rewarding, but not until sieges/big bosses become available..

Summoners: Warlock, because of queen's blessing. They're not bad at all, but they don't really fit much

Tanks:   PVE:DA, raids, and, you know, tanking: pala, personal love: SK

Archers: Hawkeye. They have so many advantages compared to elves, it's not even funny

Daggers: TH, same situation, same reasons

Mages: PvE: SH, necro if he is decidedly rich (or high rate private), PvP:Necro, SpS against all those necros (but archers are probably a lot better)

Buffer/healer: if i had to pick one and only one, it would be EE (does he have major heal in classic?). SE is the most versatile in PvE, but has limited use in PvP. PP is godsend for archers. or parties with healer, same for WC. OL and bishops are ... Most frustrating and most rewarding, but not until sieges/big bosses become available..

Summoners: Warlock, because of queen's blessing. They're not bad at all, but they don't really fit much

about tanks:

probasbly should be SK as here tanks are pretty limited with low number of skills, then there SK gets the advantage, with drains, slow, anchor, cubics, debuffs, sting (only disadvantage is that he have no stun, but getting anchored with double hex isnt funny)

for raiding as always TK should be n1 option, with cubic healing, double agro, stance, and passives

about buffers: 

​no major heal

SE limited on pvp? this is l2classic, he have more heals than EE, more buffs, more debuffs

OLs are probably the best of buffers when talking about PVP

about summoners,

there are no queen cat or any of the 56 summons

about tanks:

probasbly should be SK as here tanks are pretty limited with low number of skills, then there SK gets the advantage, with drains, slow, anchor, cubics, debuffs, sting (only disadvantage is that he have no stun, but getting anchored with double hex isnt funny)

for raiding as always TK should be n1 option, with cubic healing, double agro, stance, and passives

about buffers: 

​no major heal

SE limited on pvp? this is l2classic, he have more heals than EE, more buffs, more debuffs

OLs are probably the best of buffers when talking about PVP

about summoners,

there are no queen cat or any of the 56 summons

​tanks: depends on healer. TK/SK has better defense, but less health. On lower levels/classic, defense is probably more important though.

buffers: poor EE's =(

summoners: meh...

Tanks

Archers

Daggers

Mages

Buffers

Summoners

Buffer: depends on the group setup. generally speaking, warcryers and overlords are probably the only ones who can stand their ground due to stun attacks, debuffs and hp drains. the other buffers are mostly limited to support.

Lol human archer better then elf, have russian proof

Tanks

Archers

Daggers

Mages

Buffers

Summoners

​How many people - so many opinions will.

humans will be always the best fighters here just for one reason:

as u can upgrade for +12 the STR, DEX, CON stats just do one simply thing

Add the different STR + DEX + CON for each race and u get ur answer

Human > DE > Elf

Human > DE > Elf

​that logic works only regarding the base stats. you're not taking in consideration debuffs, wich is a mistake.

​i honestly don't give a shit about what russians think.

HE: http://www.classic-core.com/habilidades-human-hawkeye/

PR: http://www.classic-core.com/habilidades-phantom-ranger/

PR doesn't have to stand still with Dead Eye, while with Snipe you can't move. therefore, PR can kite people without issues.

PR has debuffs on p.def+poison, wich means more damage over time.

PR has Fatal Counter, wich is a nuke with 2.9k damage that can increase further the lower his HP gets.

with that said, in MY opinion, PR is more deadly.

then ofc, u can play with an HE too and kill anyone if you're good enough.

The answer to this question is... "any class." L2P. 99.9% of the game's players don't understand their class and how it relates to other classes. As such, if you actually learn a class -- regardless of which class it is -- you're going to rock the shit out of the vast majority of players with no problems. People need to quit with this "xxx is best" bullshit; every class has its pros and cons, and it's learning how to take advantage of and compensate for them that will bring you to the top.

​This is bullcrap, as much as it pains me to say it - L2 was never an mmorpg that needs lots of skills in PvP. Just pick a target and start mashing few skills. If you're a mage or archer - pick a target and mash skills while occasionally running away from your target. There's always some class that always beats the other with the exception of if the weaker class gets more lucky with critical hits and stuns.

Human > DE > Elf

​that logic works only regarding the base stats. you're not taking in consideration debuffs, wich is a mistake.

​i honestly don't give a shit about what russians think.

HE: http://www.classic-core.com/habilidades-human-hawkeye/

PR: http://www.classic-core.com/habilidades-phantom-ranger/

PR doesn't have to stand still with Dead Eye, while with Snipe you can't move. therefore, PR can kite people without issues.

PR has debuffs on p.def+poison, wich means more damage over time.

PR has Fatal Counter, wich is a nuke with 2.9k damage that can increase further the lower his HP gets.

with that said, in MY opinion, PR is more deadly.

then ofc, u can play with an HE too and kill anyone if you're good enough.

​u are not taking on consideration passives neither.

hex and posion skills have lower range than archers (not counting that HE is on snipe) so u wont use them

deadeye is good ye and u dont have to stand, lets put us on situation, mass pvp,  will always target DEs before HEs (they have lower life, imagine DE with -15 CON, would be 2 shots while HE dont, and they deal a little bit more dmg)

mass pvp = PR DEAD

1vs1 (i know there are no olys) always this is about luck, but lets talk about plain dmg without crits (HE have more crit rate and more atk speed but still), if HE uses snipe have more range than PR, if PR goes further so HE cant atk its a draw or just wait if he stays, HE deals more dmg, faster, and have more CON that means lower % of stun and more life

1vs1 = PR DEAD

party vs party could be a mix, so still the same HE should win, they have more range so even healers can stay further (considering party full of HEs and the other full of PRs), 

overall ye, PR makes more dmg, it have some skills that can help on some sittuations like freeze or drain, but on archer vs archer u wont use them (cause of range, cast speed, or that u prefer to stun and deal some dmg than slow) 

Lineage 2 is a lucky game, if u stun or not, if u crit or not, etc

btw, fatal counter should be high, u can be dead before using it

ofc in any archer pt should be both, and ofc one SR too as they can help in different ways (HE can be more tanky and take 1 or 2 hits, while PR do 1 crit and SR just fuck around and try to stun)

hex and posion skills have lower range than archers (not counting that HE is on snipe) so u wont use them

there's a reason why stun has 9 seconds duration if the target doesn't get hit.

in that timeframe u can get closer and use your debuffs, then proceed to attack.

deadeye is good ye and u dont have to stand, lets put us on situation, mass pvp,  will always target DEs before HEs (they have lower life, imagine DE with -15 CON, would be 2 shots while HE dont, and they deal a little bit more dmg)

mass pvp = PR DEAD

that's way too much situational.

in mass PvP usually you don't focus X targets, especially if they're in the back rows. that's simply because if you do you'll probably explode while trying to get closer, and that's because you'll have other ranged classes focusing on you since you'll be standing out.

in mass PvP you just focus on those that are straight in front of you, aka the meat shields.

as for the rest, it always depends on the situation.

it's a given that if the HE is on snipe, you don't go straight to his face with the range disadvantage, you simply wait for his buff to wear off.

for PR it's all about getting in range. once they do, they just need to land a stun followed by debuffs, then they can get the kill.

given that the player knows what he's doing and rng doesn't go wrong, ofc.

just for the sake of discussion ill give my point of view from all the research i did about classic:

Tanks: DA seems like the better option, paladin have nothing cool while DA have slow and panther. Tk/sk lack shield stun, in a slow chronic where the shieldstun may be higher lvl than the player who recieves it its a huge deal (skill lvl vs player lvl in the land rate equation). Also neither of those two have anything important compared to a spamable stun. And this is comming from a tk fanboy.

Archers: HE or SR, they are both fine, sr has more base speed (get in mind dex dont afect speed anymore) and critical rate. HE have more brust speed and all around stats. PR always sucked in my mind, too little hp, low critical rate, high risk high reward i suppose, its a matter of taste here.

Daggers: They all suck lmao, now srsly TH prob, good for pve and has the most hp, having in mind you will get 2-3 nukes/arrows until you get close to your target it is important. Also the brust speed is super important for a dagger.

Mages: Necro for sure, the problem with necro is that sucks incredibly hard in pve, you need to have a cp/clan that can farm you while you play like a healer or something in an aoe party, srsly you cant farm with spike cause its crazy expensive and vc mana cost is too high, plus you lack normal aoe spells (only corpse brust wich requires a dead mob).  Also cdl is not an option to farm everyday, you will eventualy miss a magic and die, you will end up farming slower. Not sure about pveing as a summoner tho, if the summons dont suck up any xp then it may be a good option, but you wont farm faster than any other mage since there are no pet shoulshots.
If we talk about elemental mages sps is probably the better mage for the casting speed/speed/nice con, but again is a matter of taste, ss have amazing allaround stats too and sph (wich is the weakest in my mind) have amazing pve sustain.

Elders: SE all day, better buffs and better heals, remember greater heals are like major heals here, so greater group heal is amazing. EE only has greater heal (no greater group). Resist shock and clarity (at lvl 58..) are nice but cant be compared to empower/focus/dw/purify and most important ROOT!, SEs keep lvling up root after lvl 40, EEs dont. Now that being said you will need both in any clan or cp, but i rather have more SEs than EEs.

Buffers: Depends on what you are going to play and your party setup, if you are running a bishop and you need the lifesteal you can run a wc, but i feel prophets are the way to go 90% of the times, i really dont think bishops are a must in any party in classic, greater battle heal/mass res is not that much of a deal tbh and its all it has to offer compared to a SE.
Now that said, wc offers something important in this kind of chronics that lacks nobless blessing, wich is the time you spend rebuffing the whole party. OLs are floating in to the same category, they offer nothing other buffers dont have, but they can buff a whole clan super fast plus they have debuffs and they can restore cp so they are a nice class, but not a must have, you kinda need 1 or 2 in a clan and i feel bishops go into the same category in this chronic.

• Like 1

Which race is d@ best on (by value)

Tanks: depends on meta

Archers:SR(@60+)>HAWK>FR

Daggers:TH>AW>PW

Mages: SPS/SH/SS 

Buffers:depends on meta

Summoners:ES/PS/Lock