Sign in to follow this  
Foton

Best classes for solo + box

Hi guys.

Unfotunatly i didnt have much chance of testing anything during the betas because only now i found out about the server. so i have a small question for the ones who actualy tryed it out and know what they talk about.

i would like to know what chars are a good choice to play solo with a box?

ty in advance.

Anything in a party will be faster than you for one simple reason : they'll avoid death by monsters.

In classic, PVE death means drop of equipement. When you're alone with a box, someone can easily stun lock you and wait for mobs to kill you. Hence going alone isn't really the smartest choice if there is a good number of players on the server.

Mage may be the best in this situation cause they kill prety fast, hence it's harder to have them killed by a mob.

Anything in a party will be faster than you for one simple reason : they'll avoid death by monsters.

In classic, PVE death means drop of equipement. When you're alone with a box, someone can easily stun lock you and wait for mobs to kill you. Hence going alone isn't really the smartest choice if there is a good number of players on the server.

Mage may be the best in this situation cause they kill prety fast, hence it's harder to have them killed by a mob.

​Actually stunning a mage when he agroes an archer or a caster is one of the easiest methods...

If you're doing mistakes with shady guys next to you ... then that's an other story obvisouly. But considering the rates, having shots for a mage will be common, hence mobs will ge destroyed prety fast (meaning 2shot). Hence, expect a glad (with "instant" range cast stun), I don't think it's gonna be easy to stun a mage to kill him while he's farming.

I may be wrong, but compared to a melee or an archer, I feel like mage are safer cause they'll use shots (but not our of danger).

If you're doing mistakes with shady guys next to you ... then that's an other story obvisouly. But considering the rates, having shots for a mage will be common, hence mobs will ge destroyed prety fast (meaning 2shot). Hence, expect a glad (with "instant" range cast stun), I don't think it's gonna be easy to stun a mage to kill him while he's farming.

I may be wrong, but compared to a melee or an archer, I feel like mage are safer cause they'll use shots (but not our of danger).

​Well, you obviously haven't seen me play my suicidal carpet bomber mage ^^

Like Sett said already, theres no good solo class in classic at all because you will not have adena or equipment to gear urself up. You will lack in damage and survive ability and you will struggle killing mobs.

My experience @ RU classic was like that Elv fighter from lvl 1-15 ~ solo easy, from 15-20 it gets harder but you can still do it without problem because of skill power. (power strike) I recommend to kill only green mobs. As far as i know they almost give full experience, i guess it was like 93% or so. Lower mobs = less incoming damage = more exp over time. In other words its all about kill speed. Nowdays players are really unexperienced and they go for yellow or white mobs kill 3 of them and sit down. You rather should kill 10 green mobs and sit then, that also increase your chance getting something dropped.

Later on @ 20 + solo is too hard...i was lucky and got at Abadoned Camp a fulldrop so i could craft myself that 700k Bow and i could solo then...but it was not worth it. Arrows cost too much money. Its like you get 20 adena for each mob but waste 5 arrows on them what also cost you 15 adena. I dont recommend to play archer solo or duo.

Okay now back to your actual question.... It might sound unconventional but hands down Orc fighter, later on monk or raider duo with a Dark Elv Oracle might be the best duo class, theres a simple explanation for this...in classic the first 40 levels comes from skill power. So powerstirke, mortal blow, iron punch etc is your only way to level up, since you will not have adena to gear up to have enough right click damage. And orcs have the highest skill power in their skills. You 1 hit almost every mob til lvl 15 if u consum a Soulshot.

Another Option is the classic "nuker + racharger" thing. You creat 2 dark elvs, one wizzard the other one oracle, level them both up at the same area and later on you recharge urself and you also get body to mind. The good thing here is if you leveling up at undead areas u can switch between both charackters. Kill with ur wizzard and when he runs out of MP u sit down and kill mobs with you oracle using disrupt undead.

I would say a sumoner... 

​+1

But until 45 you will play him as nuker with pet recharger. ...Which is good, since you only get recharge at lvl 30, and even that is a rather long grind on classic.

Anyways: Warlord AoE party -> nukers AoE party -> any party -> summoners -> archers -> daggers or tyrant -> rest. Yes, that DOES mean a WS grinds solo better than HE.

• Like 1

I would say a sumoner... 

​+1

But until 45 you will play him as nuker with pet recharger. ...Which is good, since you only get recharge at lvl 30, and even that is a rather long grind on classic.

Anyways: Warlord AoE party -> nukers AoE party -> any party -> summoners -> archers -> daggers or tyrant -> rest. Yes, that DOES mean a WS grinds solo better than HE.

​The only problem is the we will not have a pet recharger or beastsoulshot at all :/

​The only problem is the we will not have a pet recharger or beastsoulshot at all :/

​There are pet recharger in Classic at least if you play a human (cat) or a elf (unicorn).