petegws

Level Display on players

I was running around and someone pm'ed me and I instantly noticed their level was then displayed to me. This bugs me and I don't know how legitimate it is other than I don't think it fits in with the spirit of the game. To me it shouldn't be there at all but that's just me.

What do you guys think?

In Japanese Classic when someone PM you, the level is displayed.

Look at this pic from the russian server:

What's weird about this is that on my screen, it always showed 10. Maybe it's a coincidence and all four PMs were from level 10s but I doubt it. And this one also shows a 10, so... is it not displaying properly? I figured it just meant they are 10+.

I had one that said 20 yesterday so maybe it's a range? Not sure. I prefer it not to be there at all. I only ever played NA retail before this and was a little disappointed to see it. I guess if you played classic before then it was always there but I personally don't think it makes a lot of sense for it to show.

I think for PvP purposes he wouldn't like to reveal his level to others. I had a guy 20 level PMed me and it showed 10 and when he hit level 21 it showed 20 so it's only an indication on the level range the person is (10-20, 20-30 etc.) rather than the actual level so it's all cool! ;)

it doesn't bother me that much, but i guess it's just weird to see the nickname of a player followed by its level.

it wasn't like that pre-GoD, since only the name was dispalyed, but i suppose it got changed in Classic.

it is the level range

I dont like it either 

​bc you dont like to see your a lowbie ;) muhaha :D

Just finished my 1st ccq :ph34r:

• Like 1

it doesn't bother me that much, but i guess it's just weird to see the nickname of a player followed by its level.

it wasn't like that pre-GoD, since only the name was dispalyed, but i suppose it got changed in Classic.

​Yeah and I don't know why. O.o

it is the level range

I dont like it either 

​bc you dont like to see your a lowbie ;) muhaha :D

Just finished my 1st ccq :ph34r:

​prczm's L33T B|

• Like 1

If you don't PM them, they won't know.

This is afaik to prevent scamming, as if you try to lend you equipment to your 60+ friend clanmate "Hammer" but a newbie smurf called "Hannner" send you trade invite instead.

Yeah, i totally agree, that anyone careless enough to fall for that deserves to be robbed, But it will still be easier for everyone if it didn't happen in the first place, so here it is, a little spoiler in private chat, and a little larget in trade window (try it and see).

Also: correct me if i'm wrong, but this is not just classic specific, is it?

no this isnt a classic feature..this is a russian wannabe add on..in real lineage 2 classic you dont have half of this stuff..so either u make it classic or classic like...u change mob speed to be like classic but in actuality its not classic its russians version of classic...go back and play prelude and c1 and follow that server for classic...not just adena rates and xp rates

no this isnt a classic feature..this is a russian wannabe add on..in real lineage 2 classic you dont have half of this stuff..so either u make it classic or classic like...u change mob speed to be like classic but in actuality its not classic its russians version of classic...go back and play prelude and c1 and follow that server for classic...not just adena rates and xp rates

5102141.png