Sign in to follow this  
dizzy

Skill learning system

I remember in good old Chronicles I used to visit a right master/magister/perfect/etc. in a village and have a spellbook/totem to learn new spells/skills. Today I neither can find a spellbook seller nor ‘Learn skills’ dialog and can learn spells/skills right from the ALT + K window. Is it just OBT feature or Classic is getting casual right from the start?

its classic not c1. Its official like that on the l2ru classic server. You should be happy its one of the best features. You dont waste time getting those low level books and running to your master all the time

Classic isnt "good old Chronicles", its different game with "casual" -10% death penalty with hardcore item drop and 0,01-0,05% chance to get spellbook from mobs :)

One of the best features

It kinda ruins the game atmosphere.

Firstly, can you learn something one your own, without a teacher and a book? I guess, no. And it seems logical, like IRL.

Secondly, all these Warrior Guilds, Dark Elven Guilds, Orc Guilds, Magic Guilds, Einhasad Temples in every single town with all the NPCs inside are useless now.

You don’t waste time getting those low level books and running to your master all the time

On lower rates that happens not so often.

And by this logic, they should add ‘Shop and Gatekeeper’ options to the player’s panel. Who needs the town when we have so many fields with mobs anyway?

It’s Classic, not C1

Classic isn’t "good old Chronicles", it’s a different game

Well, according to patch notes Classic is a slightly changed copy-paste Prelude on a Russian server and Chronicle 1 on a Korean server.

Moreover, the whole concept of Classic is to make newer/better “Good old Chronicles”, I thought it was obvious.

P.S. By ‘casual’ I mean ‘with simplified gameplay’.

One of the best features

It kinda ruins the game atmosphere.

Firstly, can you learn something one your own, without a teacher and a book? I guess, no. And it seems logical, like IRL.

Secondly, all these Warrior Guilds, Dark Elven Guilds, Orc Guilds, Magic Guilds, Einhasad Temples in every single town with all the NPCs inside are useless now

​U still need them for quests :D

for me the perfect thing should be that for 1st level u need ur master/magister but then u can improve it on ur own (kinda obvius what i am trying to say) magister teachs u to do hurricane then u can improve it attacking trees ^^

• Like 1

I remember in good old Chronicles I used to visit a right master/magister/perfect/etc. in a village and have a spellbook/totem to learn new spells/skills. Today I neither can find a spellbook seller nor ‘Learn skills’ dialog and can learn spells/skills right from the ALT + K window. Is it just OBT feature or Classic is getting casual right from the start?

​Actually I have always liked this feature. It made more sense to me than learning all skills by myself. Visiting a teacher to actually teach you something just added more realism to the game.