Sign in to follow this  
seppe

Party exp

Hello everybody 

I was wondering if we could change the party exp from the old way to a new way it has always bugged me in lineage 2 that well the purpose of a mmorpg is that people play with eachother in an online game.

But most of the time in almost any mmorpg people will play solo just because you can level up faster. Sure they do get together for a dungoen and a raidboss but that is about it and some pvp left and right in most cases 70% of the time will be played solo.

so why not change that ? 

I know there is some kind of formula that each time a player joins a group that the exp will increase in total. But most of that effect is in a full party of 9 players and that is if nobody needs to leave every 20 or 40 minuts.

Lets simplify that shall we.

Lets say I kill a mob wich gives me 100 exp.

Now somebody joins my party and we get a party bonus of 10% each player joined.

Now we kill an other mob now i get 110 exp from that mob.

And if we finally get to that 9 player party.

kill the same mob again and now I recieve 190 exp.

I am hoping that this effect will help players make more parties with everybody they come across.

If this is possible offcourse the party bonus eachtime a player joins does not have to be 10% but can be lower. The point is that there is an increase in every player joinned

Further more i am only talking about exp not adena or drop increase and etc.. only exp here.

So what do you guy's think ? 

Please leave some comments below.

I think you don't know what Classic server looks like. I don't think there will be problem with parties. You maybe get less exp in party than solo but you kill mobs faster and you have buffs. There is no NPC buffer nor newbie buffs in here.

Hey haapy, 

I do know what the c4 was till the last version we currently are in lineage 2.

Also I do know that there are no npc buffers and no mana potions. (kinda feel sad that my mana potion craft for support was swept under the table) ( is in an other post of mine)

yes I agree the mobs go down faster but that does not mean the respawn time of the mobs will not go faster.

so yes mobs are dead and now what ? wait wait wait. mob respawn.

phinapallada thanks for that calculation. 

So from what I understand you need to be atleast with 9 players if you want more exp per mob than you do with solo killing since 8 players is only 80% exp from the original mob.

Well it is hard to keep a party of 9 players  since there is always one that needs to leave for some reason.

In my opinion my party exp suggestion is still better it will allow more exp bonus for smaller parties which are the most common one.

Thanks for you opinions so far.

Just need to know if its even possible to do this from draqla.

And maby make this into a poll later.

• Like 1

Either I don't understand something here, or you don't know how Classic and L2 works in general.

Let me clarify.

On L2Classic party exp bonus is 10% for each N+1 member up to 80% and at 9 members its 100%

Meaning, if by default a mob gives 1000 exp for a solo player, in a full party it will give 2000 total, BUT, lets not forget that 2000 is split between 9 people, IT IS NOT 2000 EACH. And I feel like, that last bit is what have been left out by your suggestion/comment.

Another factor, that has been somewhat mentioned is, L2Classic is an another dimension of hardcore, there is a point where you simply won't be able to solo and you will have exactly 2 choices - a) Quit or b) Find people/clan to party with. As well as being in party means you can go to better zones with better exp mobs, than you could do alone.

If I understand your suggestion correctly, its insane, I hope I cleared things out a bit. Cheers.

Hey doze,

Thanks for your comment 

I put my idear in an excel sheet Just need to know if the lower part (what I call the old system) is right 

For the old system I added 10% exp for each player joined in the party (except for the 7th and 8th player i added more to get to 80%)  for the new system I added 10% exp to their recieved exp, thats the main diffrence 

Offcourse it does not have to be 10% I am fine if it is lower. ( for the new system)

And doze I put in an excel sheet in the uploaded files so you can fill in the old system if there is something wrong with it.

Maybe this will give a clearer overview for what i mean to achieve.

NEW party exp system     
playersexp mob party exp bonus % increasetotal party exp exp per player recieved 

Old party exp system     
numer of players     
playersexp mob party exp bonus % increasetotal party exp exp per player recieved 

Thanks looking forward for some comments.

party exp bonus.xlsx

• Like 2

By 'NEW' I am assuming you mean your suggested exp bonus.

And I mean, it should be enough to take a glimpse at it and you should realize how OP that is.

You are effectively increasing exp in 100s of percent not 10% (I understand 1 individual exp is 10% higher, but the total exp gets multiplied by crazy amounts).

It's just not viable, because you would effectively be playing on 48x server (when in a full party) (3x rates and 1600% total exp increase 3x16=48x)

And all the meanwhile this is only exp, nothing else is increased, you will out lvl the zones too fast and so on, I don't think there is a need for any further explanation.

I think the system is fine the way it is now. At 5+ members it makes no sense to have anything less than full party as the exp per mob decrease is minimal, but the contribution of an extra person can be enormous.

So I don't think you need to worry about soloing in this chronicle, specially as a support.

Hey doze, 

Well obviously New is what i am suggesting. (what els would it mean its in the suggestion section of the forum)

And yes the party total exp is more the whole point is that the individual exp per player is higher compared to a solo player as i explained nor do i think it is overpowered since you only get a slight increase per player joined compared to a solo playing style.

If you think the exp increase per player is a little high you can always lower from 10% too i dont know 5% exp increase per player.

I made this suggestion that players would play more togheter from the beginning since there will be no grief about exp loss compared to a solo play style.

If you have an other suggestion i am all ears.

(They only thing that i liked about the newest lineage is that support classes can use every buff since they mixed them together) (but thats beside the point)

What is true is that you would make less adena since you would level up faster but i dont think adding an adena increase party bonus is a way to fix this or does it ? (sarcasme is hard to convey in a text)

Why you say that the 5th member so in total 6 party size would make almost as much exp per player as i would just solo it ? 

Can you put that in the excel sheet ? so i can look it over ?

Eventually I will have to see for myself if I can find a party fast while playing this newly mixed classic chronicle c1 to c5 I believe.

I do not think my New system will be implemented because the admins have their hands full with other things...

But none the less it is something to discus about while we wait for the open beta or the grand opening.

Either way i'll be playing.

And by all means thanks Doze for your comment.

P.S.

Oh right one thing i forgot to mention is i did not think about the sp the reason is that. If I talk about exp for me that is exp and sp togheter 

just to clarify that so you would not out level yourself and be stuck with skill you can not upgrade because of low sp income.

Sorry my bad.

Girl, 3x exp/sp is already easier.

​Not for people who did play only retail ^^

is the party xp atleast like on retail... so you will be at a normal retail rate when your playing in a party ?

soloing in classic is just useful/possible maybe till lvl 20/30..after that its a waste of time and no one will do that

in classic its guaranted that ppl will play in party so this suggestion is..sorry to say that..waste of time

Зачем придумывать и изменять велосипед, пусть будет так как на классике корейской и русской!

Hey doze,

Thanks for your comment 

I put my idear in an excel sheet Just need to know if the lower part (what I call the old system) is right 

For the old system I added 10% exp for each player joined in the party (except for the 7th and 8th player i added more to get to 80%)  for the new system I added 10% exp to their recieved exp, thats the main diffrence 

Offcourse it does not have to be 10% I am fine if it is lower. ( for the new system)

And doze I put in an excel sheet in the uploaded files so you can fill in the old system if there is something wrong with it.

Maybe this will give a clearer overview for what i mean to achieve.

NEW party exp system     

Old party exp system     
numer of players     

Thanks looking forward for some comments.

party exp bonus.xlsx

​are u fucking kiddin with this ? most stupid thing i read in 2015.

• Like 1

Girl, 3x exp/sp is already easier.

​Its no sense to talk about party exp since the server is already boostest like this guy already said.

You compare the solo exp too much with party exp thats your problem! In Lineage 2 its all about kill speed not about the exp per mob.

Lets say u can kill in a 5 man party 3-4x quicker a mob than you can kill solo + you got no downtime + you get party exp while on solo you may have to sit and kill it much slower. In general a party will be much more efficient and quicker