Sign in to follow this  
Signo

Party exp penalties

When you'r in party the exp penalty doesn't work well. The penalty works only between the monster lvl and the player lvl.

It makes that the character member of the party whit the lvl more closer to the mob gets more exp even more than the top lvl char of the party

If anyone can go on classic official and test this concept with a level 14 character and a level 1 character and kill mobs of level 2-3-4 and see the result, would be very helpful.

Not sure i follow the logic here.. It's normal that the player with the closer level to the monster gets more exp than some1 who is higher level. you get an exp penalty for killing monsters lower lvl and also it's normal that lower levels gets more exp than higher levels.. !? Unless i read your post wrong i don't see what's wrong.

For example if i bring a lvl 1 with a lvl 14 killing lvl 10 monsters, the lvl 14 will get lower exp because hes 4 lvls higher, and the lvl 1 will get more exp because you're killing high level mobs for a lvl 1 (10 lvl higher than player lvl) so the level 1 will get much more exp.

I could go test it but i don't see the problem in this :o 

I don't know if they changed in Lineage 2 Classic, but since prelude the game used the next formula:

xp_member1=lvl_member1^2 * total xp / (lvl_member1^2+lvl_member2^2....)

So an example would be:

mob gives 10000 xp solo, 2 man party of a lvl 40 and a lvl 45.

2 man party, so mob gives 1.3 times xp -> 13000 xp
40^2=1600, 45^2=2025

the lvl 40 gets 1600*13000/3625=5738 xp, the lvl 45 gets 2025*13000/3625=7262 xp

And the penalty beetween the monster and the exp recieved is calculated from the High Lv. charater and not for every character of the party.

Sign in to follow this