Sign in to follow this  
Zetih

Luxuary Shop in Giran

A balancing of economy through a price increase on Soul/spirit ore creates benefits like:

- Clan dwarfs are now even more valueable and something a clan, owning a castle, wont survive without.

- Players WILL now party, or run around like lost woodpeckers.

The price increase on Soul/Spirit ore would of course not be implemented at an early level in the game, but instead when Adena seem to have no use anymore(like someone mentioned earlier in this thread). So all of you that think this would be a horrible change, think again, since it will not only tighten the social contacts you'd need to have, but also include the benefits above.

I kind of agree with Dewi on this ... anyway if i played archer in 8 of 10 cases i would chose CIB instead of akat witch is low C not mid ... eminence has attack speed of CIB and considerably more patk then akat so the difference is big enogh. As for mages set they go with low C all the game(except supports classes witch will go for craft divine set)

​Crystallized Ice Bow (CIB) 220 p.atk
Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

How has Eminence "considerably" more p.atk than an Akat? You must mean "slightly", right?

And yes, CIB is low-C, so therefore that is a good reason for it to be the top item you can choose in the Luxuary Shop.

If you want an Akat, a Noble Elven, or an Eminence, well, get your lazy ass out there and hunt.

​But Eminence has 'Slow' atk. speed and Akat is 'Very Slow' if I remember correctly, so that's why it's higher tier :) 

Anyway I think Luxury Shop should stay. As Dewi mentioned above it will be nearly impossible to gather enough Adena to buy something there - most of the times you will want to craft it anyway to save 1/2 of the price.

But the most important thing about Luxury Shop on low rate servers is that it stimulates the economy. It works as Adena drain and its preventing the situations when at some point people would only trade goods for goods because there wouldn't be enough goods to buy with the Adena. 

That's my opinion :)

shots are a luxury in L2Classic wtf .... 1100CC and 5500CD for a mid C weap is a fortune .... and for Akat witch is very slow atk speed does not worth really ... any decent archer who will also want to pvp will buy CIB ... the best thing in luxury is composite armor witch most of the classes will opt for :)

I dont understand why people are worried that I want the Luxuary Shop totally gone. I dont. That was Dewi's idea. My idea is to get rid of half of the items IN the shop.

There are many ways to stimulate an economy in a game like L2: Castles, Town taxes, Clan Halls, GK prices, Luxuary Shop(in its capped form).

The above mentioned doesnt need to stay fixed, so the thing with Luxuary Shop being special on low-rate servers, and therefore should remain untouched, well, I dont buy that. But I can understand that its a nice excuse to use, to avoid having to go the tough way up the ladder.

​But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop.

I could agree with increased prices, but I wouldn't touch the Luxury Shop range of items. As was already mentioned above, Luxury Shop on classic isn't for normal people. You can't just farm up some Adena and then buy C grade around 45, 50 - it's still too expensive and unless you win some lottery or something, 95% of the people will still craft even those items that are offerend in Luxury Shop, because it will still be 50% cheaper.

"But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop."

Raise the price on Soul/Spirit ore to match the "inflation" that you speak of and suddenly the Adena WILL come to use, and for those that think its too expensive, battle without SS! :) Same with GK: adjust the prices where people are most keen on teleporting back and forth at a high lvl, and for those that think its too expensive, run! :)

Balancing the economy isnt a problem, you just need to look at popular stuff like the above mentioned and increase accordingly.

​Alright im done arguing with you, you obviously NEVER played classic. You think you will have adena for 5k D crystals and 1k C crystals? Adena for shots and adena for GK? HAShahahahahahahhahha. DUde you're already going to have to run between towns and have problem to buy your Dgrades, You're going to be lvl 45+ And not even be able to afford anything in the luxury shop, so of course you'll be better off hunting and crafting. If you never played classic please stop talking....................

​Yeah, it hurts to see that there are solutions on Adena oveflow doesnt it ;) And by the way you express yourself, I feel im on the right path, so thanks :)

​Adena overflow in classic? hahahahahahahaha. You're clueless, you never played classic and it really shows, because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You guys thinking you're going to rack up millions and millions of adena on classic are soooo funny hahaha xD

Anyways, you know im right, you neevr played classic and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, every single point i bring you just ignore them to repeat your same stupid sentence because there is nothing you can discuss about since you never played classic. You don't even know the main difference between Eminence bow and Akat bow, but hey, you're going to solve ''adena overflow'', yep, im SURE lol. There is only one problem with your theory.. in order to have an ''adena overflow'' players need to have adena, and trust me, YOU WON'T lol.

Here are the 2 points you made in your last post:

''clan dwarfs more valuable'' lol what? clan dwarfs are already a MUST, how could they be more valuable than ''A MUST'' ??? You will not get anywhere in classic without a clan dwarf who can craft shots for pvp and top C/B grades. There is absolutely no way a clan can survive in classic without a clan dwarf, i dreally don't see how more valuable than this you can get. And since people lvl with no shots, a blacksmith with his golem are actually very good dps for a group.

players will now party... hmm... you won't be able to dual box on live, so OF COURSE players will party, even in top Bgrade you won't be able to solo mobs in DV lol.

This is why i'm  saying you clearly have no idea what classic is, you bring examples like those that makes no sense.

• Like 1

I kind of agree with Dewi on this ... anyway if i played archer in 8 of 10 cases i would chose CIB instead of akat witch is low C not mid ... eminence has attack speed of CIB and considerably more patk then akat so the difference is big enogh. As for mages set they go with low C all the game(except supports classes witch will go for craft divine set)

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

How has Eminence "considerably" more p.atk than an Akat? You must mean "slightly", right?

And yes, CIB is low-C, so therefore that is a good reason for it to be the top item you can choose in the Luxuary Shop.

If you want an Akat, a Noble Elven, or an Eminence, well, get your lazy ass out there and hunt.

​But Eminence has 'Slow' atk. speed and Akat is 'Very Slow' if I remember correctly, so that's why it's higher tier :) 

Anyway I think Luxury Shop should stay. As Dewi mentioned above it will be nearly impossible to gather enough Adena to buy something there - most of the times you will want to craft it anyway to save 1/2 of the price.

But the most important thing about Luxury Shop on low rate servers is that it stimulates the economy. It works as Adena drain and its preventing the situations when at some point people would only trade goods for goods because there wouldn't be enough goods to buy with the Adena. 

shots are a luxury in L2Classic wtf .... 1100CC and 5500CD for a mid C weap is a fortune .... and for Akat witch is very slow atk speed does not worth really ... any decent archer who will also want to pvp will buy CIB ... the best thing in luxury is composite armor witch most of the classes will opt for :)

I dont understand why people are worried that I want the Luxuary Shop totally gone. I dont. That was Dewi's idea. My idea is to get rid of half of the items IN the shop.

There are many ways to stimulate an economy in a game like L2: Castles, Town taxes, Clan Halls, GK prices, Luxuary Shop(in its capped form).

The above mentioned doesnt need to stay fixed, so the thing with Luxuary Shop being special on low-rate servers, and therefore should remain untouched, well, I dont buy that. But I can understand that its a nice excuse to use, to avoid having to go the tough way up the ladder.

​But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop.

I could agree with increased prices, but I wouldn't touch the Luxury Shop range of items. As was already mentioned above, Luxury Shop on classic isn't for normal people. You can't just farm up some Adena and then buy C grade around 45, 50 - it's still too expensive and unless you win some lottery or something, 95% of the people will still craft even those items that are offerend in Luxury Shop, because it will still be 50% cheaper.

"But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop."

Raise the price on Soul/Spirit ore to match the "inflation" that you speak of and suddenly the Adena WILL come to use, and for those that think its too expensive, battle without SS! :) Same with GK: adjust the prices where people are most keen on teleporting back and forth at a high lvl, and for those that think its too expensive, run! :)

Balancing the economy isnt a problem, you just need to look at popular stuff like the above mentioned and increase accordingly.

​Alright im done arguing with you, you obviously NEVER played classic. You think you will have adena for 5k D crystals and 1k C crystals? Adena for shots and adena for GK? HAShahahahahahahhahha. DUde you're already going to have to run between towns and have problem to buy your Dgrades, You're going to be lvl 45+ And not even be able to afford anything in the luxury shop, so of course you'll be better off hunting and crafting. If you never played classic please stop talking....................

​Yeah, it hurts to see that there are solutions on Adena oveflow doesnt it ;) And by the way you express yourself, I feel im on the right path, so thanks :)

​Adena overflow in classic? hahahahahahahaha. You're clueless, you never played classic and it really shows, because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You guys thinking you're going to rack up millions and millions of adena on classic are soooo funny hahaha xD

​Im glad you are entertained. But think about it, only good things can come out of this. :)

The only reason there is a Luxuary Shop in Retail L2, is to prevent players from jumping the ship. However, their view on players is "profit", so there is a fine line between having a game where a company balances between "setting strict rules" or "giving way" to their playerbase. Whereever profit is of most concern, "giving way" to their playerbase seem to be priority 1 and usually end up where L2 retail has gotten to today.

So the big question:

Will this team dare to be more strict or tend to drool for the money. :)

It has been a while since I have read a decent discussion, but I must admit this is a good one. I'm not going to choose sides or meddle in the argument because I haven't got enough knowledge of Classic although I played the early chronicles. I do have a feeling adena is going to be extremely hard to grind... Nonetheless, I'm reading some interesting facts like partying is a must. I hope many players will read this because that's what L2 is all about; playing together. As for the dwarfs, I really hope people will play them. They are a real asset for a party and if I'm making a group I will include the little bearded one (unless she's female, she will be excluded :p)

PS: Stop quoting each other, it's harder to read this topic.

Dewi, you say:

"players will now party... hmm... you won't be able to dual box on live, so OF COURSE players will party"

Draqla says:

"Q: Will we be able to dual box?
 A: No dual boxing, only for premium account."

So whos right, you Dewi, or Draqla?

Dewi, you say:

"players will now party... hmm... you won't be able to dual box on live, so OF COURSE players will party"

Draqla says:

"Q: Will we be able to dual box?
 A: No dual boxing, only for premium account."

So whos right, you Dewi, or Draqla?

​As i said, no dual boxes, just PA, you really think every1 will buy PA? This is a classic server, not l2tales or some other fail trash mid rates with pay to win donations. Most players will be playing normally and make CP's instead of buying PA. Why? You won't be able to solo cruma tower or DV with 1 char + a dual box, and you wont make more adena or anything lol. Solo exp with a dual buffer is going to be VERY slow and not productive AT ALL. in classic you must run full groups with no shots in order to be effective. So most people wont bother with PA, hence why i said there wont be dual boxes and people will want to party. Classic is not for solo players or boxers, it's for dedicated players/parties, i don't understand why they even bother to put dual box with PA here, it's useless anyways lol.

You really should read about classic, im starting to think you really have no idea what this is all about and you're just saying random things.

People will level up with no shots because adena is hard to make, yet you think people will have ''adena overflow'' and be able to buy everything in luxury shop.. You're smoking some good stuff man.

"People will level up with no shots because adena is hard to make, yet you think people will have ''adena overflow'' and be able to buy everything in luxury shop.. You're smoking some good stuff man."

No, I dont think that there will be an Adena overflow, someone else did, but my answer to that was, its possible to fix ;) Read more carefully next time.

"People will level up with no shots because adena is hard to make, yet you think people will have ''adena overflow'' and be able to buy everything in luxury shop.. You're smoking some good stuff man."

No, I dont think that there will be an Adena overflow, someone else did, but my answer to that was, its possible to fix ;) Read more carefully next time.

​Lol, you just keep posting random things and then you lie about it. Oh my god lol.

first you lie that it was me who said to delete luxury shop entirely when im saying to keep it as it is ''I dont understand why people are worried that I want the Luxuary Shop totally gone. I dont. That was Dewi's idea.''

then you talk about clan dwarfs needing more value when they are already a must in classic,

then you talk about needing to force people to party when classic is already all about partying, solo wont get you anywhere.

then talk about economy and adena overflow, talk about items in luxury shop being too good and about raising prices of soul and spirit ores? This is classic, the server right now in beta is x50, not x3. You really think you will have millions of adena on live? LOL

Are you going to lie and try to deny all of this too? Lol.. ''Read more carefully'' ? No, stop lying about what you say, and stop talking about things you have no idea. Adena rate and items in shops are fine, you wil not have adena on classic, and it's ok, people don't want adena, you trade items for items, spell books for spell books. getting a rare spell book you will not want to sell it for some adena (when nobody on server have a lot of adena anyways), you will want to trade it for another spell book that you need and want to save days of farming. This is also why offline shop is not highly needed on classic (except for dwarf craft shops maybe), people dont have adena, and most of the time you will not want to trade somethign for adena, but for something else you may need (old dgrade weapon for jewels, trade bow for other weapon, spell book for another sb, etc etc.)

on a sidenote: people thinking about dualboxing for exp in classic may as well drop the game already.

unless they plan to play with 2+ windows simultaneously, wich is surely not comfortable since you'll have to switch clients costantly every single time you'll need to do something, it's not going to work.

anyone thinking about making buffers just to leech exp from their main clearly have no idea how long it will take them to level up, since people will have to farm mobs without soulshots for a while, and even then you won't be able to solo anymore at some point due to gear restrictions.

with no active buffers in group, without soulshots, and without proper gear, good luck leveling up alone.

people with brain will try to get into active parties the moment they hit 40, if not even before that.

Dewi, did you miss this?

Someone elses text: "But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop."

My text: Raise the price on Soul/Spirit ore to match the "inflation" that you speak of and suddenly the Adena WILL come to use, and for those that think its too expensive, battle without SS! :) Same with GK: adjust the prices where people are most keen on teleporting back and forth at a high lvl, and for those that think its too expensive, run! :)

You are seriously retarded or something, perhaps its time to go check at a doctor for brain damage ;)

Dewi, did you miss this?

Someone elses text: "But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop."

My text: Raise the price on Soul/Spirit ore to match the "inflation" that you speak of and suddenly the Adena WILL come to use, and for those that think its too expensive, battle without SS! :) Same with GK: adjust the prices where people are most keen on teleporting back and forth at a high lvl, and for those that think its too expensive, run! :)

You are seriously retarded or something, perhaps its time to go check at a doctor for brain damage ;)

​i didnt miss it, i just didnt pay attention to it because the person who wrote this is just like you, clueless about classic, there will not be a time where you become rich and dont know what to do with your adena, you seriously think in classic after you pay GK's and CH's (players/clans wont be able to afford CH's for a very long time, unless they plan on farming low lvl areas for weeks) and buy some shots for pvp and trying to gear urself whenever you can you will come to a point where you have ''enough adena to spare on some overpriced things'' ?? Think again my friend, classic is clearly not for you if you think you will be able to rack up adena and save it. You do not have to touch any prices from shops, items or GK to have a good market in classic simply because markets on classic servers are not made from adena like private servers where you can farm millions and millions and sell items for lots of adena. People will most likely, as i stated previously, trade items for items, spell books, amulets, shots, recipes, materials, etc. Since we will ALL be super low on adena.

i'll try to be as clear as possible for you to finally understand what classic is like:

You will not have adena to spend on useless things, you will be lvling without shots, you will struggle for gear, you will need a party all the time, you will already be running to places instead of taking the GK most of the time, you will have to be very smart about the way you spend your adena cause you will almost not get any. Ever.

So increasing any price in shops, items or on GK is USELESS, simply because people won't be able to afford it anyways, we are already going to spend every piece of adena we get. I really hope that clears things up for you, if you don't believe me, go log on RU or KR classic servers and go see for yourself what the market is like, and see how much adena you get per mobs.

PS: Don't talk about retards or brain damage when you can barely speak a broken english and always talk about things you have no idea. I'm now done arguing with you, if you can't understand this you are simply a lost cause, and i'll be laughing at you when server goes live and you cry on forums cause you don't know how to play on classic and rage quit after a few hours.

Dewi, did you miss this?

​i didnt miss it, i just didnt pay attention to it because the person who wrote this is just like you, clueless about classic, there will not be a time where you become rich and dont know what to do with your adena, you seriously think in classic after you pay GK's and CH's and buy some shots for pvp and trying to gear urself when you can you will come to a point where you have ''enough adena to spare on some overpriced things'' ?? Think again my friend, classic is clearly not for you if you think you will be able to rack up adena and save it. The only retard here is you who thinks we need to ''raise prices'' on some items to ''match the inflation'' 

i'll try to be as clear as possible for you to finally understand what classic is like:

You will not have adena to spend on useless things, you will be lvling without shots, you will struggle for gear, you will need a party all the time, you will already be running to places instead of taking the GK most of the time, you will have to be very smart about the way you spend your adena cause you will almost not get any.

So increasing any price in shops or on GK is USELESS, simply because people won't be able to afford to ''save adena'', we are already going to spend every piece of adena we get. I really hope that clears some things up for you, if you don't believe me, go log on RU or KR classic servers and go see for yourself what the market is like, and see how much adena you get per mobs.

PS: Don't talk about retards or brain damage when you can barely speak a broken english and always talk about things you have no idea. I'm now done arguing with you, if you can't understand this you are simply a lost cause, and i'll be laughing at you when server goes live and you cry on forums cause you don't know how to play on classic and rage quit after a few hours.

You are STILL discussing with me as if I was really believing that "there WILL come an inflation and this is how we battle it!". Dude, my answer to "that guy up there" was just to show him that you actually can do something about it IF such a scenario would appear. Comprende?

But you seem to know that it cannot happen, good for you. On this server, let time decide what happens next, ok? :)

When I mention the Luxuary Shop, it was the feeling I had when I played Prelude directly after Open Beta back in 2004. And no, the Adena drops back then werent x50, so that you even bring that up, comparing it with x3, as if i didnt know, well, not a very smart and thought through comment. but thats your call ;)

Dewi, did you miss this?

​i didnt miss it, i just didnt pay attention to it because the person who wrote this is just like you, clueless about classic, there will not be a time where you become rich and dont know what to do with your adena, you seriously think in classic after you pay GK's and CH's and buy some shots for pvp and trying to gear urself when you can you will come to a point where you have ''enough adena to spare on some overpriced things'' ?? Think again my friend, classic is clearly not for you if you think you will be able to rack up adena and save it. The only retard here is you who thinks we need to ''raise prices'' on some items to ''match the inflation'' 

You will not have adena to spend on useless things, you will be lvling without shots, you will struggle for gear, you will need a party all the time, you will already be running to places instead of taking the GK most of the time, you will have to be very smart about the way you spend your adena cause you will almost not get any.

So increasing any price in shops or on GK is USELESS, simply because people won't be able to afford to ''save adena'', we are already going to spend every piece of adena we get. I really hope that clears some things up for you, if you don't believe me, go log on RU or KR classic servers and go see for yourself what the market is like, and see how much adena you get per mobs.

You are STILL discussing with me as if I was really believing that "there WILL come an inflation and this is how we battle it!". Dude, my answer to "that guy up there" was just to show him that you actually can do something about it IF such a scenario would appear. Comprende?

But you seem to know that it cannot happen, good for you. On this server, let time decide what happens next, ok? :)

When I mention the Luxuary Shop, it was the feeling I had when I played Prelude directly after Open Beta back in 2004. And no, the Adena drops back then werent x50, so that you even bring that up, comparing it with x3, as if i didnt know, well, not a very smart and thought through comment. but thats your call ;)

​Again you change everything you say. holy shit hahaha. You're just a random retard. I'm done with you, keep lying all you want, you only look like an idiot. Enjoy.

"Again you change everything you say. holy shit hahaha. You're just a random retard. I'm done with you, keep lying all you want, you only look like an idiot. Enjoy."

yeah, stay away from my posts, thank god :)

I always thought it was a bit easy to get good gear by just visiting the Luxuary Shop in Giran and then basically be ready for DV.

My suggestion is to hide the (close to)TOP C-gear in the Luxuary Shop and only keep the lower C-grade stuff. Let people go out and find the TOP C-gear as well as B-gear that they need to fulfill their DV-role.

​Even in TOP B people will need parties, luxury shop wont change anythign to this, just because people magically happen to be able to get some gear in lux shop (which wont happen much anyways) they STILL will need to party for DV and such. So what you're saying is completely irrelevant.

Exactly, having almost TOP C-gear in Luxuary Shop makes people only more keen on staying in town trading, building up momentum, rather then out partying. Force the people out of town, instead of letting them sit there like freezing birds! So that the PvP can flourish even more(!) when parties that look for better gear accidently stumble upon each other. :)

​As i said above, Gear in lux shop is shit, you will still need to party, you won't be making a shit load of adena staying in town on classic LOL.

Make Luxuary Shop into "a taste of things to come", not "getting close to the top immediately".

​Luxury shop is far from ''top gear'' so this comment is also irrelevant.

Removing the Close-to-TOP C-items in the Luxuary shop would create benefits like:

- People needing a nice party backing them up when trying to reach TOP-areas in the game.

- Dwarfs now get even more to do than before, as even mid-range C-items gets viewed at, and therefore making them hunt recipes through the whole scale of C-items, housing themselves in otherwise pretty empty areas throughout the game.

- Clans and players get tighter(specially if a nice dwarf is around) since parties are more needed than before.

- Materials get even more focus now, since people arent as keen on getting items from the luxuary shop anylonger, cause of the small advantage/upgrade these low-lvl C-items gives. Giving more diversity among what people choose to wear.

- Losing items when dying doesnt give you a chance to rely on the Luxuary Shop for a "nice recovery", but instead have to rely on your social contacts within a clan or throughour the game.

- The economy will flourish, where C-Crystals will be even less important than before(besides SSC).

​1. Even with lux shop gear, you WILL need a party, as i said 23462327384 times.

2. Dwarfs are already a must, they dont need ''more to do'', they are already a MUST.

3. materials are going to be the main focus, even with lux shop, since people wont really be able to afford lux shop, you're not going to get many D/C items to crystalize since you'll be using them in party as they drop.

4. Again, Lux shop is goign to cost a FORTUNE, you wont be able to just go to lux shop and buy items there if you lose gear. LOL.

5. C crystals are already goign to be super rare, because, as said, again, 23462375623523 times, we won't be dropping 42534523452364 C grade gears to crystalize. People will have to be smart about what gear they crystalize for shots.

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​Adena will ALREADY be of use, ebcause you will not have any, you will always have to spend it very smart.

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​Here, you're the one talking about adena overflow, and you try to lie and deny it now? Hahahaha. You make 0 sense.

There you go, i spotted a bunch of things YOU said that doesn't make any sense, and even gave you the reasons why it makes no sense, now go try and say it wasn't you but ''some guy up there'' please... LOL. Do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up idiot.

"Here, you're the one talking about adena overflow, and you try to lie and deny it now? Hahahaha. You make 0 sense."

Yeah, I see now that its obvious that you dont understand:

First of all: im talking about the SOLUTION of Adena overflow, if you know how to read.

Secondly: because you were so god damn retarded in your response, I had to HIT you with the comment "I feel im on the right path".

Now get lost from this post, thank you! :)

"Here, you're the one talking about adena overflow, and you try to lie and deny it now? Hahahaha. You make 0 sense."

Yeah, I see now that its obvious that you dont understand:

First of all: im talking about the SOLUTION of Adena overflow, if you know how to read.

Secondly: because you were so god damn retarded in your response, I had to HIT you with the comment "I feel im on the right path".

Now get lost from this post, thank you! :)

​Again, ''solution about adena overflow''

THERE IS NO ADENA OVERFLOW IN CLASSIC. HOW CAN YOU HAVE A ''SOLUTION'' WHEN THERE IS NO PROBLEM LOL.

Now i will ''get lost'', you truely are a fucking retard lol. Go back to your shit custom private servers rofl.

on a sidenote: people thinking about dualboxing for exp in classic may as well drop the game already.

unless they plan to play with 2+ windows simultaneously, wich is surely not comfortable since you'll have to switch clients costantly every single time you'll need to do something, it's not going to work.

anyone thinking about making buffers just to leech exp from their main clearly have no idea how long it will take them to level up, since people will have to farm mobs without soulshots for a while, and even then you won't be able to solo anymore at some point due to gear restrictions.

with no active buffers in group, without soulshots, and without proper gear, good luck leveling up alone.

people with brain will try to get into active parties the moment they hit 40, if not even before that.

​Fenrir, the tenacity of some people is amazing. I'm actually pretty used to quad boxing and running all four windows on my own (2 windows per monitor, I've done 3 windows and six boxed before too). Sometimes I get called out for botting, but I'm not, I just switch windows constantly. Lineage is actually pretty easy to do that with, just can't use SS on multi toons at once unless you can have the benefit of turning them to auto use (like you can in classic).

I have 4 computers, I could get two premium accounts and run a six box setup :) Run me a spoiler, crafter, tyrant, ssinger, bdancer, warcryer and bring a bishop friend along to talk to while I farm!

​Fenrir, the tenacity of some people is amazing. I'm actually pretty used to quad boxing and running all four windows on my own (2 windows per monitor, I've done 3 windows and six boxed before too). Sometimes I get called out for botting, but I'm not, I just switch windows constantly. Lineage is actually pretty easy to do that with, just can't use SS on multi toons at once unless you can have the benefit of turning them to auto use (like you can in classic).

I have 4 computers, I could get two premium accounts and run a six box setup :) Run me a spoiler, crafter, tyrant, ssinger, bdancer, warcryer and bring a bishop friend along to talk to while I farm!

​that's exactly why i said "unless they plan to play with 2+ windows simultaneously".

to me, switching windows costantly to input commands like buffs/autoattacks is just annoying, it makes the gameplay very dull after a while, and it kills entirely the whole concept of Classic gameplay, since you're supposed to play with other active people, not active clients.

otherwise, with no soulshots and crap gear, good luck leveling up with passive buffers in group. leechers ain't for Classic, guaranteed.

good thing that at least the people here will have to pay for PAs if they want to dualbox, otherwise the server would end up being a botfest just like in JP L2C( i'm sure we'll have botters anyway, unless the GMs will be active on daily basis ).

"( i'm sure we'll have botters anyway, unless the GMs will be active on daily basis )"

Draqlas post:
Q: How will you prevent bots?
 A: Custom bot protection, report bot button and 24/7 active staff.

I hope its going to be enough.

​Yeah boxing with dual monitors is fine for exp. it's not the best as you take more time between screen switching instead of 4+ players who can do multiple things at once but it's more than enough to exp. The real advantage to be in a CP is that you don't have to worry about pvp. on classic if the server becomes popular the xp zones will be contested, fighting with 4 box against a full party of live players will be hard. But we can't know for sure how popular the server will be at live, and if the players who join will be big pvpers or not, so that's all speculation for now :) PvP is the only reason i prefer a CP, cause i can box 4-5 windows too but i don't really like it haha xD