Sign in to follow this  
GreenKin

Tyrant + pp or se ?

Hi guys,

I`m thinking about starting a Tyrant (always enjoyed this class) + 1 box.

The problem is that I have no clue if a PP or SE would be better to farm / level up quickly. Most of the time I will be farming solo with my box, maybe now and then join some AOE group with the tyrant.

Obviously the SE is missing haste / zerg buff but instead has recharge which isnt too bad with overhit skill farming is it? I was thinking about playing the Tyrant as a semi nuker with recharge maybe...

I`m looking forward to hear some opinions / suggestions from more experienced players than me, thanks in advance!!! :ph34r:

PP - basicly fullbuff, missing only vampiric which you could buy for fishes (around 15k adena - if you are to lazy to fish - which is nothing)

SE - missing haste, zerk, gr. might, m.barrier.... m.barrier obtainable by fishes again, haste from clan hall (5500 adena or sth)... so only handicap is g.might, zerk... BUT it has recharge (till lvl 76 you can easily solo AOE with se/tyr duo) and has stigma... stigma is OP for 1v1 (you can make loop macro to use it so basicly no need to alt-tab between each mob)...also if you will go to loa for example purify is another BIG advantage + easier to find pt if you have own recharge box (mostly welcomed in EV and ABG)

with PP your optimal journey through server would be +- like 40-59 FOM, 60-67 SOS, 68-xx BS/SV/FP
with SE you can go wherever you want.. in tough locations (dv, loa, sv, toi...) do 1v1, in easy locations solo aoe (aligator, above IT carter, ev, FP...)

Current meta and "best" and most recomended setup is probably PP tho, but in my personal opinion duo with SE is more versatile...also with stigma you wont feel much difference between dps despite lack of zerk/g.might

w/e you chose its only up to your personal preferences in the end, but if i had to chose i pick SE all the way, simply not to die out of boredom :P  

/edit: if you plan to aoe DONT level up your aoe skills too high, i think their dmg depends mostly on your p.atk, not the power of skill itself, so better is to go + str dyes and you will save lot of MP cos of that)

Edited by Kure
  • Like 1

Thanks for your input @Kure - much appreciated (especially the part with the AOE mana costs, would have never thought of that myself)!

I`m pretty sure I`ll go with the SE combo, thats what I wanted in the 1st place anyway :-)

I guess Tyrants still go for Heavy Sets over Light? Especially when AOEing / Soloing? Or maybe PL as C grade for the extra +4 str hmm...

Dyes i suppose are +12str -con? (not sure how dex works in classic but I guess attackspeed is important for a tyrant; especially with a SE instead of a PP)

Thanks again for the help

11 minutes ago, GreenKin said:

I guess Tyrants still go for Heavy Sets over Light?

PL or FP doesnt matter much, depends on farm places and personal prefereces... then its BW hvy one and only choice pve-wise

13 minutes ago, GreenKin said:

Dyes i suppose are +12str -con? (not sure how dex works in classic but I guess attackspeed is important for a tyrant; especially with a SE instead of a PP)

any combination of + str -dex/con works... depends how well you will be doing without HP (no btb if SE), you need to test it yourself... there is no "optimal" dye setup for tyrant, everything depends on playstyle

All this spken was about PVE, PVP is different story