Sign in to follow this  
Mica

worth it to run spoiler/crafter/shilien to 40 before main?

Deciding on whether the server will be slow enough to focus on crafting or if I should go straight into upping a tyrant/prophet setup.

Opinions?

It will be 400m run to 40 after that it will be slowed down. If you are playing alone, I think you can focus on crafter first and level up your DD fast with good gear that comes with wealth of the crafter. However many ppl will be doing this and you can expect great competition between dwarves.

If you are playing with party/clan and you are not the main crafter/spoil. I suggest to start with your main, so you can help wit spoiling/farming higher level mobs. And go to your dwarven alts when you are waiting for friends to come online or when u need mats/money for gear.

While bounty hunter can give you somewhat decent wealth advantage (by selling crap to NPCs, mostly), it probably won't be enough to make a difference unless you fully commit. If you do, you won't be leveling your other chars. Many people will get BH alt eventually, but only when they start crafting (high 40's) and they find they lack speciffic materials. I doubt either option is worth more, than you farming decent spot with your higher level main duo.

As for artisan/warsmith, keep in mind that they will make very little money making shots, compared to even the original C1, simply because most people won't be able to afford it. For this exact reason, however, i expect much less competition in crafting gear, so high level warsmith can be a very good source of income later on. Of course, high level bounty hunter will be required to obtain recipes/keys for things like plated leather, which, too, has the potential to bury you in gold.

Bottom line: if you can afford to invest as much time and effort into both your main and a dwarf, as the average player invests into only their main, go for it, it will pay off in the long run. If you are happy with playing dwarf as your main, even better. But otherwise, i'd leave it to the true enthusiasts, farm with a dual that best complements your main and find a party that fits both. That's my plan anyways.

As a side note, depending on how good or bad the protection will be, the best source of income may or may not be bot griefing.

It will be 400m run to 40 after that it will be slowed down. If you are playing alone, I think you can focus on crafter first and level up your DD fast with good gear that comes with wealth of the crafter. However many ppl will be doing this and you can expect great competition between dwarves.

If you are playing with party/clan and you are not the main crafter/spoil. I suggest to start with your main, so you can help wit spoiling/farming higher level mobs. And go to your dwarven alts when you are waiting for friends to come online or when u need mats/money for gear.

​I had a group of guys to play with but don't think I will when this eventually goes live due to the time delay. Hopefully I can find some dedicated people by then.

I think I'll stick to leveling both sets of toons equally and when I find people to group with in my timezone/playtime i'll only do dwarf when alone. I have 3 computers and an accounting income, so its not like I'm limited in the # of toons I can run at once.

Deciding on whether the server will be slow enough to focus on crafting or if I should go straight into upping a tyrant/prophet setup.

Opinions?

​it all depends on what you prefer.

would you rather enjoy the game for what it is and start with leveling up your main, or do you prefer working a bit in order to get enough wealth and then play with your main with eventually better gear? ( if you plan to main a dwarf, then you get both advantages )

that's pretty much what everyone here will have to choose once we hit Live. both paths have their advantages and risks, the rest is decided on the time you can spend in-game.