Sign in to follow this  
Jovo

Cant launch game

I downloaded the classic client installed and updated to OBT 2.0. When I try and start the game it brings me to the update screen but when I click play it doesnt launch the game it just closes and nothing happens.

I am trying to play this on my laptop which has a fresh version of windows 7. I had it working before but wiped my computer cause it was running poorly, anyways any help would be appreciated thanks tons!

If you have anti-virus installed it can block the process creation from launcher, you can simple run l2.exe from system folder or disable your AV.

Thanks for the response I tried to launch the game from exe like you said but I got msvcp110.dll is missing error. Fixed that by downloading it but now I am getting error 0xc000007b.

I had same problem.
This client really make problems with windows 7. This is what you have to do:

1) After patching client go to Lineage 2 Classic/System and launch L2.exe. To find out what dll you are missing.
2) It will be probably msvcr120.dll (attached in post) or another (download from internet)
3) And here most important. PASTE .dll NOT TO windows/system but your LINEAGE 2 CLASSIC/SYSTEM folder!
4) Run launcher

msvcr120.dll

Thanks for the response I tried to launch the game from exe like you said but I got msvcp110.dll is missing error. Fixed that by downloading it but now I am getting error 0xc000007b.

​Follow what the guy sais in video.I had same problem and fixed it.

Hey I got mine working took a lot of time but if you haven't put any dll files into your system 32 or syswow it should be pretty easy to fix. 

Delete all c++ you have installed and download the all in one from this website

http://www.sereby.org/site/downloads

(The all in one is on the left side) run the program and try again.  If that doesn't work install the latest version of direct x.

If you already screwed around with your dll s (like I did) you ll have to delete the ones you put in or reinstall windows  (I did this then downloaded the all in one)