Sign in to follow this  
Sett

Constant parties

Am i missing something, or do people seriously overestimate the significance of premade, rigid, constant parties?

You know, i'm fairly positive i'll be better off teaming up with anyone friendly and fun, rather than playing with the exact same people all the time, despite them being probably more effective in absolute numbers. Also good clan > CP, no?

Depends,

Partying up with a CP ensures everyone is on the same page, hanging out with some people regularly creates bonds, trust (drops and all), so the fun part usually is present.

Teaming up with strangers is not always the best experience, they could be randomly going afk at dumb moments (rebuff time, not healing, etc), keeping drops they don't even need (weapon drop and keeping it to sell/trade it instead of giving to a DD to kil faster), etc.

Also, if exp zones are contested, having a CP ensures you have good coordination/communication and the good party setup to pvp, random parties is a whole different story on this point.

It really depends how the CP leader runs it. for example my CP will be part of Fate clan, the reason i'm making a CP is to set a prime time, this way, when me and my CP members logs in our prime time it ensures we'll have at least some people to party and play with rather than always asking in chat if some1 wants to party. a good CP will always be better for farming efficiently and pvp wise than a random party, which makes the clan they are in better. And the clan means more players to tag along when the CP is not full, and more people to help each others out. Win-win situation :P

So in the end, it all comes down to preferences really.

Well, putting it that way, i can agree.

I got the impression people were making some kind of mini clans (without actual clan), e.g. you said nothing about clan in your CP thread (i think..).

My philosophy is flexibility > precesion planning, so in that regard a "regular" party, you know, organised, but not set in stone, would be much more to my liking, than a "contant" one...

Also, in my head it kind of reeks of elitism :D

You need to be elitist if you want to be successfull in server domination or at least to mix up some politics. Been there done that. Thats why I'm not doint it anymore, just gona play with my friends and not gona care who is the strongest clan :)

Been there, done that too. With a clan of kind and mature, even casual people. We weren't the absolute top, and neither was the server, but being welcoming, open minded and helping each other selflessly, did, in fact, get us very far, and we were part of it. Raids, sieges, bosses, olympiads... But yeah, it did take us a lot longer.

Of course you can't have a party of 9 supports, but switching one DD for more mana, or a BH, does not kill your effectivity the way most people seem to think it does. Also, it is better in the long run to have stronger allies, that make up for your own shortcomings, than it is to be strong yourself, but alone. And that applies on any scale, whether single person, random parties, constant parties, clans, aliances, families, neighbors, nations...

I know it's not all sunshine, and in all things - mediation need to be exerted, but goes in both directions, don't you think?

Oh, and i couldn't care less for server domination, but being the guerilla force that can wrestle the control from the strongest (bad) guys just once in a while, that is totally my thing ;)

Well, putting it that way, i can agree.

I got the impression people were making some kind of mini clans (without actual clan), e.g. you said nothing about clan in your CP thread (i think..).

My philosophy is flexibility > precesion planning, so in that regard a "regular" party, you know, organised, but not set in stone, would be much more to my liking, than a "contant" one...

Also, in my head it kind of reeks of elitism :D

​Well when people show interest in the CP i tell them they can join us on Fate clan's forums, and the main reason i don't really make it the focus point in my CP thread is because on classic you don't have many clan member space, so my CP might not be able to join right away until clan gets higher level, so that's why i only talk about it once interest is shown. I don't want people joining my CP just because they want a clan, and then bitch because we cannot join right away. we will all be using the same voice comms though.

you can have a costant party without even being in a clan, just sayin'.

what really matters is that you're able to get along with the other people of the group and enjoy the game for what it is. then, if those you're playing with actually know what they're doing, would be even better.

otherwise, if you'll find yourself playing with assholes most of the time, you're going to regret it soon or later, even if they're skilled players.

that's also what usually happens in clans that aim to be top-tier after a while, simply because after the core members have been set in stone, anyone else joining after tends to be left behind on their own just to make "quantity". been there before, so i know by personal experience.

small/mid size clans work way better party-wise simply because it's easier for everyone to get to know each other and band together when needed. then ofc, having someone else in your friendlist help as well.