Marcelo Rezende

which melee

Hey guys, I'm starting a melee character as my main... I really enjoy playing the Dark Avenger class, but I was considering a destroyer, or a gladiator...

which class do you guys think I should go for? I dont like mages and archers, and I'll be playing by myself because I dont have any friends on the server

I wonder which one will be better for soloing/pvp

cheers!!

• Like 1

gladiator will not do nothing in classic , i think u should choose tyrant more than others , also destroyer will be quickly fucked in next updates .. 

tyrant for the izi farm and pvps they can make .. 

Tyrant might work. Daggers are fine, but need either someone to take agro (not realy tank, just make the moster show it's back for a second), or a lot of downtime. DA can farm with panther as a last resort.

That being said...

DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRY TO SOLO CLASSIC WITH A CHAR THAT RELIES ON MELEE AUTOATTACK. JUST....DON'T.

You can solo SK easily with fenrir. You can solo him somewhat well with top equipment and soulshots and spiritshots. You will have none of that in Classic.

• Like 2

Yep I know that, my question is about the pro's about SK in the classic L2 universe understand?And what about Tyrant? They ll be very prejudicated because of the lack of SA's in the B Fists?

Pros? You are sure to be the best SK on the server...

Don't get me wrong, I love SK and the whole koncept of "I'll nuke you down, while snacking the arrows you shot at me", but they were pain in the ass to level even in much easier times, and the usefulnes of actual full-fledged tanks in Classic is limited, to say the least. Basically reduced to faster train pulling due to AoE agro. And that gets old fast as well.

As for tyrants, I don't see why the lack of SA's would weaken them more than any other class. You'll rely mostly on skills, and PvP-wise, the best SA for pretty much any melee class is health anyway.

Leveling Tanks up is hard but still better than any dagger class. Leveling orcs up is the best you can do melee wise. Tyrant and Destro have great right click damage and a lot of skill power combined with a lot of Health. If you dont Focus too much into PvP i would go for Destro, Glad or Tyrant. Duals are they easiest weapon to get thats why glads are actually great to level up, you will not have to spoil or craft anything. Just buy 2 Regular Sword of Rev and make them dual. If you are more focus in pvp you better stick with a tyrant or a TH. And if you would like to play a tank then stick with a SK or DA they are both equal.

MARCELO, dont give up on DARK AVENGER !!! It´s one of the best classes for solo..  You have a good arsenal of skills... I have been playing dark avenger for almost 8 years,  I can help you pm me in game and lets solo (duo) this naabs !!! 

Duals are actually quite expensive on classic, because you ned SoPs for all of them.

​duals expensive yes but they are easy too get. compared to some other weapons you have to spoil mats etc.

I was on the test server yesterday to test lvl 20 to 25 with a destroyer and it kills pretty quickly even on light red/pink mobs, add a buffer to their self buffs and they can kill mobs pretty easily on top of having a good amount of hp already. Only downside about melees is mass pvp (if we get big clan wars on server) they are kinda boring to play vs all the archers and mages.

It will not be boring to 1-shot mages, that´s for sure... xD

​in mass pvp you will not have time to get to mages lol

I was on the test server yesterday to test lvl 20 to 25 with a destroyer and it kills pretty quickly even on light red/pink mobs, add a buffer to their self buffs and they can kill mobs pretty easily on top of having a good amount of hp already. Only downside about melees is mass pvp (if we get big clan wars on server) they are kinda boring to play vs all the archers and mages.

There is a saying in my country, something like "Don't say 'hop' until you jump" or "until you land safely ".

EDIT: "Don't count your chicken untill the eggs hatch" is the english version.

I'd suggest you try that again, but without soulshots and with novice weapon (or something really cheap, like a grade and a half below your level).

• Like 1

.....?????????????????????? i did test with different weapon and without shots after i was done with the actual test, and it still is good, destros have always been very good melee classes when it comes to solo or duo with a buffer. naturally tanky, good hp, and self buffs for more dmg.

There is a saying in my country, something like "Don't say 'hop' until you jump" or "until you land safely ".

I'd suggest you try that again, but without soulshots and with novice weapon (or something really cheap, like a grade and a half below your level).

Sett, I'd suggest you stop suggesting, lol, no one will listen until it happens.

.....?????????????????????? i did test with different weapon and without shots after i was done with the actual test, and it still is good, destros have always been very good melee classes when it comes to solo or duo with a buffer. naturally tanky, good hp, and self buffs for more dmg.

​First of all, Orcs didnt truly start showing up until around C3. Simply because they were one of the worst character types to level. At least for L2 NA. What Sett was trying to say, was when you hit level 25, make sure you are using a 50K NG weapon and maybe a wooden set, maximum of a bronze. With only self buffs, then go level wherever you were.

All the orcs I see running around now are twinks. Meaning they are being buffed by higher level buffers and have store bought top grade D.

Sett, I'd suggest you stop suggesting, lol, no one will listen until it happens.

​First of all, Orcs didnt truly start showing up until around C3. Simply because they were one of the worst character types to level. At least for L2 NA. What Sett was trying to say, was when you hit level 25, make sure you are using a 50K NG weapon and maybe a wooden set, maximum of a bronze. With only self buffs, then go level wherever you were.

All the orcs I see running around now are twinks. Meaning they are being buffed by higher level buffers and have store bought top grade D.

​Oh, sorry im not an expert at trying to figure out what's typed with google translate, his post was kinda confusing lol. And yeah orcs never were popular simply because they are not really good in mass pvp (and mass pvp was a huge part of L2 back then to get control of a zone or a room), and simply because archers/mages party always were the best for both when it comes to pve+pvp put together. melees were too easily killed in mass pvp by any range assisting each other. but to say destro is bad for exping? you're completly out of your mind, im not saying it's the best, im saying for a MELEE character its pretty decent. And about C3, i dont know what server you played on, but i would see a ton of orc players even before C3, atleast on Lionna and Bartz there were alot of them.

• Like 1

I would say any class would do fine if it´s a MAIN class... I mean, a MAIN PP for example is a very good char... Lots of buffs and Dryad Root ! So I guess any class can be very good IF is a main char, not just a box...  

What i was trying to say was that you should test stuff the way it will actually be played, if you want to get any relevant information out of it. On classic that means you will be farming without soulshots, severely undergeared and with limited support. You will most certainyl not kill yellow/ping mobs "pretty quickly", at least not with autoattack.

Also: I don't see what of my previous post was so hard to understand, aside from the better part of it not being relevant to the topic.

​Oh, sorry im not an expert at trying to figure out what's typed with google translate, his post was kinda confusing lol. And yeah orcs never were popular simply because they are not really good in mass pvp (and mass pvp was a huge part of L2 back then to get control of a zone or a room), and simply because archers/mages party always were the best for both when it comes to pve+pvp put together. melees were too easily killed in mass pvp by any range assisting each other. but to say destro is bad for exping? you're completly out of your mind, im not saying it's the best, im saying for a MELEE character its pretty decent. And about C3, i dont know what server you played on, but i would see a ton of orc players even before C3, atleast on Lionna and Bartz there were alot of them.

​I dont remember seeing much of anything on Lionna while I was in Cruma. It was always, daggers, BD, DA, PP, SE. When I moved to Erica there were more there, but that was around C4 if memory serves correct.

After playing on Lionna, Erica, Franz, Hinde, Chronos I've forgotten a lot. 10 years is a long time. LOL I think Teon was in there momentarily alone with Bartz...

​I dont remember seeing much of anything on Lionna while I was in Cruma. It was always, daggers, BD, DA, PP, SE. When I moved to Erica there were more there, but that was around C4 if memory serves correct.

After playing on Lionna, Erica, Franz, Hinde, Chronos I've forgotten a lot. 10 years is a long time. LOL I think Teon was in there momentarily alone with Bartz...

​What clan were you in on Lionna? i was part of EternalRage at that time, and i know there was quite a few destros in Adamant, EternalKnights and Darkness, wish i still had my screenshots from back then, i had shots around gludin arena with a lot of people from different clans, and you could see quite a few orcs, one of the best at the time was L3ment or something like that from Darkness clan (Sandron's clan). Anyways, i'm not saying they are as good as Mages or Archer, far from it, but as far as melee goes, they are decent. If i was soloing light red mobs with low Dgrade gears et lvl 25, people wont have any problems solo'ing white/yellow mobs even with wooden set. And wit hthe rates we have here, people willl be exping with shots.

Destroyer will always find a party, the easiest character to farm

​You might wanna read the description of certain skills in classic. Like frenzy.