Sign in to follow this  
Narmontas

Few questions about Balanced pvp n stuff.

Hi , Im wondering what is it like going to be PvP here. Is the stats that are now in Beta will stay or they going to be changed on Live? 
I've tried another classic server and for example there my TH 42lvl skills Landed Backstab to Tamlin Orcs (51 lvl) 2,2k dmg with shots ~2,4k ž 1 hit from backstab. Mortal blow +Vicious stance = 1 hit as well (if succeeds). 

Tried TH here same stats same level , same monsters. I hit max 1.4k dmg from backstab with vicious stance very very slight difference. I must use a lot of skills (with shots activated) to kill x1 monster of the same level... Maybe It's the mob's stats... but seriously... I had 280 p.def and tamlin orc with his bow skill attack 1 hited me for 1.7k dmg... (please do check) .While I know dagger skills are unique and for PvE unstoppable. I've found archer classes here very strong and kind of easy to farm... I wonder if dagger classes now aren't unnecessarily nerfed. Because Imagine pvp : HE with heavy armors Deals  TH round 900-1.5k dmg crit dmg. While TH with backstab skill will do like 700 or less... Don't know about another classes here. But something is fishy round here... Just before server goes live please do recheck balance of the classes , while it's not too late and fixes wouldn't need to be done while on live server...

BTW in current stats : which classes are strong enough for PvE , PvP? :)

• Like 1

Afaik this is ok. They way dagger skill work they get very little benefits from buffs (except death whisper and dance of fire, but neither passives nor VS), soulshots, or even equipment. That's why you can have Assassin running naked around Dion with nothing but a novice dagger and ww and still twoshot everyone. As for power of the skills, as a rule of thumb you should be able to oneshot green 1xHP mobs, but not white.

What i tested few days ago with my SR (so effectively a lvl 35 scout): Getting maingauche over novice dagger gave me some 10% extra damage, VS gave another 10%. This seemed to be consistent with every other server i played on.

As for archers, more often than not, monsters will use power shot instead of regular attack, which hurts.bad and is not always immediately apparent. Light armor provides only marginally better p.def., than robes, but provide decent tankiness through evasion ... which does nothing against skills. Ultimate evasion skill does work, however.

Since archers don't receive the -crit dmg. bonus from heavy armor, there is little point to wearing it, not even much more p.def., with higher levels of light armor mastery. Additionally, 95% of archer will aim for PL armor set, and 95% of them will not be able to afford it for a very, VERY long time. And 60% of the server will be robes anyway.

The real snag about daggers, however, is the fact, that they have no way of closing distances in C1.0, apart from juking behind a corner and hoping the enemy is retarded enough to follow you there. But again, 95% of them will.

Yes, after ten years, people are that good at this game.

• Like 1

About heavy armors... Heavy armor natural ability is to absorb ~30% critical damage. Tank passives  at the end adds 35%+ more.  Did the testing... The Prophet has no heavy armor mastery with critical dmg reduction trait but still gets  significant lower critical damage. Same with daggers : If you equip brigandine set Over Salamander +4 the variation of p.def ~ 90+- . You hit  normal dmg ~10% lower with single hit , but from skill... Mortal blow to salamander = 1.2k dmg. Mortal blow to brigandine = 700 dmg.  That is tested the loads of times even here on beta. I Just hope that  players charasteristics and monsters stats are really balanced so not even one class would be OP while other sucks... On Live I wish to level up Treasure Hunter. I know from classics that they are frag stealers and deals vs mages/healers deadly damage. Sometimes its enough  of 1 backstab +blow... Hope that here I will not disappoint. Like in pvp... while Lets say I have top D full equipment 40 lvl Both Sorc vs TH. I run to sorcerer he nukes me for 800 dmg each shot. (lets say he has +12 wit stat... ) each second a shot for 900 range. And while I reach the range to kill him not that my mortal or deadly blow fails to land but hits for ~600 dmg to robe and backstab for 800 dmg. Thats what Im seing here at this moment in pve...

• Like 1

About heavy armors... Heavy armor natural ability is to absorb ~30% critical damage. Tank passives  at the end adds 35%+ more.  Did the testing... The Prophet has no heavy armor mastery with critical dmg reduction trait but still gets  significant lower critical damage. Same with daggers : If you equip brigandine set Over Salamander +4 the variation of p.def ~ 90+- . You hit  normal dmg ~10% lower with single hit , but from skill... Mortal blow to salamander = 1.2k dmg. Mortal blow to brigandine = 700 dmg.  That is tested the loads of times even here on beta. I Just hope that  players charasteristics and monsters stats are really balanced so not even one class would be OP while other sucks... On Live I wish to level up Treasure Hunter. I know from classics that they are frag stealers and deals vs mages/healers deadly damage. Sometimes its enough  of 1 backstab +blow... Hope that here I will not disappoint. Like in pvp... while Lets say I have top D full equipment 40 lvl Both Sorc vs TH. I run to sorcerer he nukes me for 800 dmg each shot. (lets say he has +12 wit stat... ) each second a shot for 900 range. And while I reach the range to kill him not that my mortal or deadly blow fails to land but hits for ~600 dmg to robe and backstab for 800 dmg. Thats what Im seing here at this moment in pve...

​Well, nukers will hit hard and they will hit fast, that's for sure. Add in the fact that they hardly need any equipment, while you probably won't have up-to-par jewelry untill late 50s, and you are set for disappointment...

Like i said, however, if you know your char's strenghts and weaknese, you'll do fine, because most people don't. PvP is less straight-forward for daggers, than it is for mages or archers, but they are strong enough, trust me. Annoyingly so :D You might have harder time in pvp than mages or archers, but classic is not about 1v1 anyways, and in mass there should be someone else to distract your enemies long enough for you to deal with them. Also one- or two-shotting half of the server should be enough to satisfy your thirst for blood :D

I would like to have the opinion of someone who played on official server.... If TH can 1 shot robe users same lvl... Here I know it Cant... AW has more Critical Dmg and it cant also... But it can 2 shot... anyway, each backstab is a lot of mana...  Mobs are hard... Cant 1 shot even green mobs with backstab... 

I thought armor reduction Vs crits was implemented in c2? i might have to rethink making a dagger class then... critical damage use to bybass armor completely it was kind of super broken..

I thought armor reduction Vs crits was implemented in c2? i might have to rethink making a dagger class then... critical damage use to bybass armor completely it was kind of super broken..

​Classic, is not old Cx. Mechanics-wise it is pretty much GoD, with most of the "bad", high level stuff removed,

light fighters will be able to wear here heavey sets ?

​Anyone can wear anything ... just not very effectively.