Sign in to follow this  
Merlor

returning to l2 after 14 years. celric.gear/main/spending/donations/clans

Hello people of classic club!

i was itching for something more old-school then all these new age mmos that take your hand every step of the way - gosh thats boring. so you can imagine my delight when i found this gem of a server. as the title says, its been forever since i played L2, so naturally i have plenty of questions. here we go

• so i'm starting off by leveling a cleric(PP) for boxing and to get back into the grind. killing 20 mobs and sitting down for 20 mins to regenerate mana is such a drag. so i've seen some post suggesting going with light armor and a dagger or dual swords. does anyone have experience with this, what is the best weapon for this and is it reasonable?

• next up, what are the best main options, being supported by a box PP? i would like to play something that is relevant for pvp and doesn't have the worst time leveling. what classes that can do this are actually sought after in pvp? (BD maybe?)

• i'm currently level 23 using the novice wand, just hit enough adena to buy the top no-grade from the shop, sitting at 2k noob spirit shots. should i buy it, or try to get to 25 with the novice wand, in order to get the exchange token for a d-grade weapon? got recked in ruins of despair D:

• i see a lot of people talking about cp, what does stand for? (not the additional hp kind of cp)

• read somewhere that you can actually get gear as rewards for supporting the server, how does it work?

• and lastly, do you know or happen to run guilds that are lowlevel friendly? i only saw one such post on the recruitment forum and haven't heard back from the person.

if anyone wants to party up, pm or mail me ig, DeepSeaBaby is the name

thats it for now. loving this nostalgia trip so far ❤️ cheers

1 hour ago, Merlor said:

Hello people of classic club!

i was itching for something more old-school then all these new age mmos that take your hand every step of the way - gosh thats boring. so you can imagine my delight when i found this gem of a server. as the title says, its been forever since i played L2, so naturally i have plenty of questions. here we go

• so i'm starting off by leveling a cleric(PP) for boxing and to get back into the grind. killing 20 mobs and sitting down for 20 mins to regenerate mana is such a drag. so i've seen some post suggesting going with light armor and a dagger or dual swords. does anyone have experience with this, what is the best weapon for this and is it reasonable?

• next up, what are the best main options, being supported by a box PP? i would like to play something that is relevant for pvp and doesn't have the worst time leveling. what classes that can do this are actually sought after in pvp? (BD maybe?)

• i'm currently level 23 using the novice wand, just hit enough adena to buy the top no-grade from the shop, sitting at 2k noob spirit shots. should i buy it, or try to get to 25 with the novice wand, in order to get the exchange token for a d-grade weapon? got recked in ruins of despair 😧

• i see a lot of people talking about cp, what does stand for? (not the additional hp kind of cp)

• read somewhere that you can actually get gear as rewards for supporting the server, how does it work?

• and lastly, do you know or happen to run guilds that are lowlevel friendly? i only saw one such post on the recruitment forum and haven't heard back from the person.

if anyone wants to party up, pm or mail me ig, DeepSeaBaby is the name

thats it for now. loving this nostalgia trip so far ❤️ cheers

>Low level soloing isn't a thing on this classic version. We do bosses and level to 40s in a matter of hours. Just get a nice D bow and enter RB parties, there always seems to be many of them. After your 2nd class transfer you may start looking for aoe parties (on top of RBs), which are also pretty active and easy to find, and you'll most likely be welcomed as a buffer (even if they may have high wc). You could always do some soloing while waiting, although the outcome may not be worthy of your adena investment in duals/light - considering you are also a new player. Mind you, on this version might of heaven works on any enemy - I personally used my karmian+homu on my bishop, when I was bored enough to not deal with teammates, and even windstrike/disrupt was pretty decent in cemetery and such, although I had high level mp regen rune 😛
>Most melee DD classes benefit well by a boxed PP, tyrant is a solid example, which is also godly tier in pvp. If you choose to go on the bards way (sws,bd) it's also fine, although these classes always have a VIP invitation in aoe/rb parties (and certainly in future pvp ones), so you may find yourself not even needing the PP most of your time. Personal experience again, couple of years ago I leveled my sws to 77 and never even used any kind of boxed buffer for once.
>Top no grade weapon, 2003 all over again 😅 (no, don't waste your precious adena)
>Constant Party. It's a party, although not a random one. You look for members and decide upon a (usually) 4 hour (prime) play schedule, and that's when you all log in and do staff together - It's mostly for 70+ levels, but of course smaller levels make them too.
>Dunno, lemme know if you find out :3 (unless you mean donating 10$, turning them into coins of luck, selling them for around 20kk adena, and getting your sparkling gear)

>Many clans with 6-10% bonus xp passive (and a few other skills, if not all) are always looking for low members. Just click the "Clan Entry" and boom, you'll have a harder time choosing which clan has a better looking crest, than actually joining one.

Cheers and have fun!

Edited by Pakarti

As you're a newbie starting from scratch, I highly suggest you to grind and gather some adena.

Best places for adena drop above lv20 are Abandoned Camp, Orc Barracks, Forgotten Temple, Partisan's Hideway, Ant Nest and maybe Overlords from Breka Stronghold and Plains of Lizardman.

I can't help you with your questions but I will send you a gift.

alright! i shall visit those places when there are no raid groups available. you got me curious about that gift ^^ thank you ether way!

13 minutes ago, Torres said:

I can't help you with your questions but I will send you a gift.

i was gona send a 'thank you" mail, but your mail vanished once i claimed the item :'/ this really helps, thanks a ton!!!

Bear in mind that these are mostly personal opinions:

1 ) PP can really go with everything, till mana isn't an issue. I raised him with dual and heavy up to 50

2) With a PP on your back a P.dmg class it's better suited. You can give up on top content PVP, the server it's just too old and at this point it's pretty much impossible ( at least if you don't drop A LOT of real money ) to catch up older players. If PVP it's your aim then 1V1 i would say DA ( you can fear-lock anyone that it's not overgeared ) on mass PVP I think SWS it's more useful than BD.

3 ) The game give you a ticket for a free weap and a quest gives you a free moonlight armor. You can aim for a C grade weap at luxury and deal with penalty up to 40 since market it's not inflated and cry C and D are quite cheap here. Here you rise mostly on RB so ppl want you to have a Bow, it would be wise to pick one asap.

4) Constant Party

5) I will leave to other ppl this answer. You can support the server in a lot of ways. If you are looking for low gear guess the fastest way it's to buy weap in your account page trough the auction, or you can donate and sell the CoL in-game.

6 ) There are plenty of guilds. Imo the best it's to find one with your timezone and that speak your language

Edited by Armagheton