Presence

[NOT BUG]iMac 27 inch + windows 10

Hi there,

I just downloaded and installed everything on my iMac retina 27 inch on windows 10 (bootcamped)

Everything works perfect. On this setup l2 looks amazing like never before... Even the water looks like water! (You get what you pay for I think)

However, there are some graphic bugs with text, when I change the resolution - chat text size won't change, or the level font in the corner, or the words in the inventory "quest items, etc

I can't make a screenshot because server is offline.

I believe it's changeable with some system file editions, anyone knows how to change that interface?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi dude

lol...

u can play on Windows 10...?

congratulations

because i could not play on Windows 8.1 on my new PC, I went back and installed Windows 7 to be able to play.

Now I don't want to upgrade to Win 10 because of my fear that again.... all Windows higher than win 7 are not Lineage 2 friendly.... so am I wrong?

Please give me more details... about ur Windows 10 and ur play on LIneage 2 on this new system

Next problem for me is my opinion that u can't play LIneage 2 on Mac? So u did 2 miracles? One to play on Mac and second to play on Windows 10, wow!

Not only that, my monster runs on resolution about 3k x 2k with all the effects, shadows and high graphics with 0 lag and instant teleport (gk). Performance is perfect. You get what you pay for. :) Last time i played l2 normally (with old pc) i was in a school back in 2009 or so and now I have a successful business so things changed a little.

You can run windows on mac with bootcamp, actually it works even better than on regular windows pc.

You can run on windows 10, the only thing I needed was microsoft visual studio drivers for 32bit and 64bit because windows 10 is 64bit only on my mac. It was for one dll error when i hit l2.exe.

So the only problem is fonts because they are not resizing when you change the resolution so there are some visual bugs with text but they're not affecting gameplay. Well maybe they would a little if you were playing first time.

So here it is. Everything else is flawless iMac retina + windows 10 is amazing :)

Hope it helps.

Hi dude

lol...

u can play on Windows 10...?

congratulations

because i could not play on Windows 8.1 on my new PC, I went back and installed Windows 7 to be able to play.

Now I don't want to upgrade to Win 10 because of my fear that again.... all Windows higher than win 7 are not Lineage 2 friendly.... so am I wrong?

Please give me more details... about ur Windows 10 and ur play on LIneage 2 on this new system

Next problem for me is my opinion that u can't play LIneage 2 on Mac? So u did 2 miracles? One to play on Mac and second to play on Windows 10, wow!

​Every time M$ launches a new Windows it took almost a year to be stable and good, my laptop upgraded automaticly to win10 an I had to change it back to win7 because alot of bugs and slow, maybe the end of next year win10 would be good for general use

I m happy for the OP.

Every Windows version in the beginning it has some problems. With the feedback new fixes come and like Silverwing mentioned after about a year it is the real deal. Not what happened with Windows 8 and 8.1 though. I d rather have 10 than 8 anytime so their move to let Windows 8 users to get 10 for free was top.

Nailed it. It works fine on mac + windows 10.

Don't believe what others told you and don't let fear overload you :) Just do what you feel and you will succeed. Don't care what others say, it's their business if they fail! :)

I just needed microsoft visual drivers 32bit and 64bit and download 1 missing .dll file for my setup