Sign in to follow this  
ANtY

Question about classic classes balance

Hello guys, the earliest version of L2 I played was C4 I think and it was quite some time ago so I have a few questions about classes regarding the server starting in 3 days:

1. What is the best tank for soloing? DA? Pal?

2. What is the best tank for oli / pvp (not mass pvp)? DA?

3. How does WC compare to OL in classic? Do they have that skill that can teleport the whole party to them? Couldn't find it on l2tavern table of contents of classic.

4. Who's the best for oli? Nukers? Archers?

5. What's the balance between nukers? Are sorcersers valid in classic? 

I've tried finding answers for these questions for the whole day yesterday but didn't find anything solid.

You don't have to answer all my questions, they're ordered in the order of importance to me (so the first 2 or 3 pls)

sure DA is stronger for solo, cus u have a huge panther, who can't attack running objects ( hope this will be fixed soon ) + 90% debuffs chance ( your opponent will be always feared and slowed ). But, in classic panther is very-very slow ( Jesus, help ).

here is no ToD and ToL, Pal has only aegis and root+provoke. He is support tank, not solo.

• Like 1

sure DA is stronger for solo, cus u have a huge panther, who can't attack running objects ( hope this will be fixed soon ) + 90% debuffs chance ( your opponent will be always feared and slowed ). But, in classic panther is very-very slow ( Jesus, help ).

here is no ToD and ToL, Pal has only aegis and root+provoke. He is support tank, not solo.

​so basically DA is the only one viable for soloing, but not good at all in pvp?

​so basically DA is the only oe viable for soloing, but not good at all in pvp?d

for solo Sk or TK is better than DA. but DA stronger in 1v1 pvp if enemy is not fast running class ( knifemen and bowmen ) they are just running away too fast and you can't get them and they can't kill you.

• Like 1

​so basically DA is the only oe viable for soloing, but not good at all in pvp?d

for solo Sk or TK is better than DA. but DA stronger in 1v1 pvp if enemy is not fast running class ( knifemen and bowmen ) they are just running away too fast and you can't get them and they can't kill you.

Keep thinking that.

• Like 1

Keep thinking that.

TK has self healing and heal cubics, SK has high DPS + armor reduction. What's wrong?​

To answer your questions:

1. DA is no doubt the easiest to play with the highest impact.

2. There is no oly.

3. Wc is nice ol is nice depens what you need.

4. There is no oly.

5. Sorc is nice...there is no bad class just poor skill in L2

1. DA is no doubt the easiest to play with the highest impact.

DA has long cast time without spiritshots and magic haste pots. But you are right he is very strong in this chapter and i'm a little bit afraid that all will get DA as main.

Anyway mages must rape DA with debuffs and Nuke.

p.s. sorc's cleanse is op

​Let me tell you as a tank fan:

I'll adress TK first, as the notion that he has any advantage in solo farm is just retarded.

Elemental heal is so cost effective, that it can completely heal about 100% of your HPs for 100% of your mana. Unless you have +CON (tanks anyone?). Healing cubic is actually very useful, even moreso in classic, but with TK's DPS any other character, including buffers, can kill the monster faster and just sit it out while waiting for TK to catch up.

SK can actually be a decent DPS if you don't go crazy on -STR. He's still nowhere near any DPS class with comparable equip. Which brings us to...

Don't expect to have a good weapon, let alone armor, in classic. Daggers and summoners don't really need anything. Mages can make do with Devotion and D staff all the way to 50. Archers only need Akat (and a party). But anyone who depends on regular attack and tanking the damage is gonna have a bad, bad time in classic.

This is actually kind of a saving grace for SK, because DPS skills are much more effective in classic, but it's still nowhere near...

DA. Since DA has a summon that is basically equal to any other summon (except you don't have buffs), and summons are largely unaffected by the classic "financial crysis", he can farm effectively even with minimal gear, while not being totally useless in PvP (like regular summoners) once he gets some decent gear.. He will be popular, for a reason.

That being said: get a party. Seriously just anyone to entertain you while grinding.

EDIT: I swear i proofread that the first time around O.o

• Like 2

​DA. Since DA has a summon that is basically equal to any other summon (except you don't have buffs), and summons are largely unaffected by the classic "financial crysis", he can farm effectively even with minimal gear, while not being totally useless in PvP (like regular summoners) once he gets some decent gear.. He will be popular, for a reason.

the one trouble is he has to get 40.​

• Like 1