Sett

iPKu and others

I'd just like to point out a few things

first: 1200 EUR is lot of cash to donate to a private project like this. I don't think there is any amount of legit equipment that could fully compensate for that. That being said i wonder why he wants to play on Classic in the first place, but I certainly won't question his motives.

second: a single person, no matter how farmed can't do anything in regular Lineage, never mind Classic.

third: D grade is nothing. It might give him a head start, but what do you expect him to do with it? He can go Rambo on EG or later DV, but a mage or WL AoE party with zero equipment will still farm faster than solo archer.

fourth: 1200 EUR for stuff that can be farmed in two weeks casually is not exactly a stellar deal, if you ask me.

fifth: I have played with/against people who had donated equipment, altered stats, even gm restore ability. They had advantage in pvp and .... that's it. Unless that person decides they want to spend their evening pestering you, the impact of even this kind of support would be negligible, especially on Classic where there are no contestable bosses, no castle sieges.

bottom line: let the guy rest in peace, his money is paying your game.

Edit: proofread :x

first: 1200 EUR is lot of cash to donate to a private project like this. I don't think there is any amount of legit equipment that could fully compensate for that. That being said i wonder why he wants to play on Classic in the first place, but I certainly won't question his motives.

second: a single person, no matter how farmed can't do anything in regular Lineage, never mind Classic.

third: D grade is nothing. It might give him a head start, but what do you expect him to do with it? He can go Rambo on EG or later DV, but a mage or WL AoE party with zero equipment will still farm faster than solo archer.

fourth: 1200 EUR for stuff that can be farmed in two weeks casually is not exactly a stellar deal, if you ask me.

fifth: I have played with/against people who had donated equipment, altered stats, even gm restore ability. They had advantage in pvp and .... that's it. Unless that person decides they want to spend their evening pestering you, the impact of even this kind of support would be negligible, especially on Classic where there are no contestable bosses, no castle sieges.

​​+1

1200 EUR is a lot of money, and nobody will pay that for only D grade (well, for B grade neither i think, at least people with family). And this equipment dont give him immortality, so, i dont see where p2w is...

Wtf topic? Are you jelous?  Im almost sure he didnt pay his own money. Internet is full of scamers/hackers who can stole debit cards info. And spend someones money anywhere. I could feel prety safe doing that in RU 

there is some wbsites where u can buy those credit cards info for like 10usd. And in that card is 100-1000usd 

will not explain nothing more

• Like 1

Jealous of D grade? Hardly.

Jealous of being able to pay 1200 EUR for it? Wery much so!

As for cresit cards, there are even easier/cheaper ways to get those numbers. The trouble is covering your tracks :P

Jealous of D grade? Hardly.

Jealous of being able to pay 1200 EUR for it? Wery much so!

As for cresit cards, there are even easier/cheaper ways to get those numbers. The trouble is covering your tracks :P

​This isn't new to me, really. I knew someone in C3->C4 that was paying $10k/month for adena on retail. He even splurged another $50k+ to buy a Giran clan hall. But his salary (he owned a construction business) was ~$3.5m/year so he said it really wasn't much considering. He used to buy all sorts of random people adena just for grouping with him, lol.

What you guys are talking about? Can someone link to original post if there is any? Somebody bought an item from GM with money or he bought an item from another player for 1200 EU which is dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Edit: nvm, I found it :)

back on retail days russians would teal americans credit card accounts and quick charge stuff and then the money would get recalled but they would keep the gear...russians cheat end of discussion...but 1200 dollars for d grade lol...yea hes modified for a fact yesterday he 1 shot me in top d grade gear  with 1200 hp no bd or crazy buffs....

​Well there are several problems. When a server's business starts to dwindle, some administration becomes tempted to break their own rules - they all people to "donate" for items. Not accusing this administration of doing so or likely to do so, just see how some servers have ended. On top of this issue, coupled with the issue brought up in another thread about the topic, there is the issue with RMT/CoL/trading that will ruin the market. How you ask? CoL becomes the dominate currency and deludes other forms of currency in the game (IE adena and materials). The only way to counter this issue is to prolong the release of content so that the average player, not abusing the abundance of CoL, catches up, farms, and crafts comparable equipment to a CoL'er.

Now before you even attempt to bring up the stun resist comment, equip not giving an advantage, etc. This is very much true. However, in past server's demise we see that the ones that pay to win or get ahead of the curve aren't exclusive or soloist. They instead tend to group together, run the same clan, and circles. So they will have control over giran/aden first and hold it for awhile until the server levels out (see above about the equipment curve and prolonging content to allow the server to catch up).

I find it sad that most people either speak without private server knowledge about this issue, or even worse, know what typically happens on private servers with "donations" that are trade-able. People aren't reinventing the wheel here, nor are they doing something different. History repeats itself and will continue to do so.  

On top of this issue, coupled with the issue brought up in another thread about the topic, there is the issue with RMT/CoL/trading that will ruin the market. How you ask? CoL becomes the dominate currency and deludes other forms of currency in the game (IE adena and materials).

​I disagree. There isn't really anything 'worth' buying with CoL to push out the adena. Honestly at the point when you need to farm a while to afford a teleport I wouldn't be afraid of adena losing its value.

I mean this problem is obvious at servers where you can buy enchants, LS, even equip and stuff like that, but here? What are you going to buy with loads of CoL, a hat collection?

On top of this issue, coupled with the issue brought up in another thread about the topic, there is the issue with RMT/CoL/trading that will ruin the market. How you ask? CoL becomes the dominate currency and deludes other forms of currency in the game (IE adena and materials).

​I disagree. There isn't really anything 'worth' buying with CoL to push out the adena. Honestly at the point when you need to farm a while to afford a teleport I wouldn't be afraid of adena losing its value.

I mean this problem is obvious at servers where you can buy enchants, LS, even equip and stuff like that, but here? What are you going to buy with loads of CoL, a hat collection?

​CoL is "worth" buying because you can use it to trade for materials and adena. Your assumption doesn't make sense once you realize this. Sure, teleport costs take adena out of the economy to balance a surplus on a character, but again you can buy CoL and trade for mats/adena/equipment (either way it desolves down to adena). And on top of that, you don't have to teleport you can run if you are that worried about adena costs for travel, however, this isnt in the scope of our discussion so makes no sense, again, why you bring this up once you understand the relationship and impact of tradeable CoL.

I'm not sure if I see your point there - you can't directly buy material for CoL. There's actually very limited ammount of things you can directly buy for CoL, which I don't believe is any more valuable than those things that you buy directly for Adena.

It all comes down to players' will to trade with either of those. And since there is no apparent reason to collect CoL - since there is nothing valuable to buy directly for it - why would they put CoL over Adena, which they can use for direct offline trades? You can't sit for offline shop with Coin of Luck. You can't buy or sell materials, keys, consumables and misc on offline shop with Coin of Luck, so why would anyone prefer it over Adena?

I'm not sure if I see your point there - you can't directly buy material for CoL. There's actually very limited ammount of things you can directly buy for CoL, which I don't believe is any more valuable than those things that you buy directly for Adena.

It all comes down to players' will to trade with either of those. And since there is no apparent reason to collect CoL - since there is nothing valuable to buy directly for it - why would they put CoL over Adena, which they can use for direct offline trades? You can't sit for offline shop with Coin of Luck. You can't buy or sell materials, keys, consumables and misc on offline shop with Coin of Luck, so why would anyone prefer it over Adena?

or

http://lineage2classic.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3894-new-services-available/

Recipe: Soulshots D-Grade
Recipe: Soulshots C-Grade
Recipe: Spiritshots D-Grade
Recipe: Spiritshots C-Grade
Recipe: Blessed Spiritshots D-Grade
Recipe: Blessed Spiritshots C-Grade
All resources recipes
Quick Healing Potion
Greater Healing Potion.

Death's Deal certificate - decreasing exp loss from death
10hsqro.png 1 day 50% - 10 CoL
10hsqro.png 7 days 50% - 70 CoL
10hsqro.png 30 days 50% - 120 CoL

6ht7iv.png Blessed Scroll of Resurrection х1 - event - 6 CoL
2r5qalk.png Blessed Scroll of Escape х1 - event - 5 CoL
313qdyv.png Scroll Decrease PK counter - Scroll -1 PK - 10 CoL (Removing 1 PK point. Can not be used with Karma and in combat stance.)

But yeah, you're right. CoL has no purpose and no value. You can't possibly buy anything with CoL, use CoL for said items, and then sell these items for adena, mats, or whatever you would like to ask for a trade.

Oh and to add to your point of offline shop, technically you can buy the offline shop with CoL, so still I have no idea how you don't see this concept. Arguing with you further is just a waste of our time as it is evident that you don't grasp what is at play here.

You don't need to be rude, I'm just offering you my view.

However, my point still holds:

Recipe: Soulshots D-Grade
Recipe: Soulshots C-Grade
Recipe: Spiritshots D-Grade
Recipe: Spiritshots C-Grade
Recipe: Blessed Spiritshots D-Grade
Recipe: Blessed Spiritshots C-Grade
All resources recipes
Quick Healing Potion
Greater Healing Potion.

All these recipes are purely early-game stuff. If you want them, you'll get them eventually in the beginning of the server. Healing potions are nice, but you can't use QHP in PvP so it's nothing anyone would starve for.

Death's Deal certificate - decreasing exp loss from death
10hsqro.png 1 day 50% - 10 CoL
10hsqro.png 7 days 50% - 70 CoL
10hsqro.png 30 days 50% - 120 CoL

These are nice, too. But look - lets say you get the Coins of Luck you wanted, and you buy the DD certificate for one month. Then the CoL becomes valueless for you for next 29 days in this way.

6ht7iv.png Blessed Scroll of Resurrection х1 - event - 6 CoL
2r5qalk.png Blessed Scroll of Escape х1 - event - 5 CoL
313qdyv.png Scroll Decrease PK counter - Scroll -1 PK - 10 CoL (Removing 1 PK point. Can not be used with Karma and in combat stance.)

BRESS - I agree, this one will become more valuable later in the game. But then again, you don't buy dozens of it. In your best, you carry 5 of them just in case.
BSOE - Same as above, you'll get 5 or so just in case you encounter some PK, but other than that you'll be using regular SoE.
PK decrease - incredibly target focused market. You don't see it being demanded generally.

On top of all these, from what I understood most of those items won't be tradeable.

I'm still standing behind my opinion.

​Well there are several problems. When a server's business starts to dwindle, some administration becomes tempted to break their own rules - they all people to "donate" for items. Not accusing this administration of doing so or likely to do so, just see how some servers have ended. On top of this issue, coupled with the issue brought up in another thread about the topic, there is the issue with RMT/CoL/trading that will ruin the market. How you ask? CoL becomes the dominate currency and deludes other forms of currency in the game (IE adena and materials). The only way to counter this issue is to prolong the release of content so that the average player, not abusing the abundance of CoL, catches up, farms, and crafts comparable equipment to a CoL'er.

Now before you even attempt to bring up the stun resist comment, equip not giving an advantage, etc. This is very much true. However, in past server's demise we see that the ones that pay to win or get ahead of the curve aren't exclusive or soloist. They instead tend to group together, run the same clan, and circles. So they will have control over giran/aden first and hold it for awhile until the server levels out (see above about the equipment curve and prolonging content to allow the server to catch up).

I find it sad that most people either speak without private server knowledge about this issue, or even worse, know what typically happens on private servers with "donations" that are trade-able. People aren't reinventing the wheel here, nor are they doing something different. History repeats itself and will continue to do so.  

​Like I said, I played on a few servers, where some players had advantages well beyound anything you could get legitimately in the game.

Like you said, they had an advantage, until the server coughts up. ...and? It's the ultimate goal, ultimate victory, to defeat those who took shotcuts, who always had the advantage and don!t know how fight in equal terms. It is a curse, just as much as it is a blessing. And with great power comes great opposition.

The end of the servers where I played actually came when these people coul no longer win consistenly, even with all of their donate, and they left.

I also wouldn't worry about getting additional content "too fast"...

As for CoL purchases, aside from death certificates and Blessed Scrolls of Resurrection, everything else can be obtained without CoLs as well, I don't see why it would break economy any more than, say, ancient adena. It certainly will not be worse, than simply too much adena on the market of most low-mid rate servers.

That all being said: make on mistake, this is a private server, and it will not last forever.

In the servers i've been, no one opposed to the donators clan, even when i used to call the server in arms to fight them in a huge alliance. 

And those experiences, combined this are disencouraging not only me, but a bunch of players. I don't know how community would react, if we don't ally against them, to keep playing is pretty much useless. 

Even more if this evolves as my past servers, it starts with few items, and then continues with bots. And it would not be once, but repeatedly. And while we need to make a huge effort to get stuff, the shall get themn 5 minutes. If i ever wanted to be dealing with bots or donators kids, i would be playing the ncsoft server.

I think im gonna give some more time, and see what happens, but only because i love l2 a lot and i want to play it in a good server and i have truly faith in this one. But please, don't make me regret about this. I started playing mobas not because i prefer it over l2, but because there is no way than a donator may have an advantage. They may have only "skins" (which i hate, they ruin the champ), but no advantage.

But the beuty of l2 is far ahead from any moba, but how to play against people who doesn't allow you to play?