Tody

Anti-BOT

Regarding the bot problem, It's not that I do not have faith in lineage2classic developers, it's that I've seen countless of vids from korea l2 classic, played on l2 classic japan, and there aren't a few bots... There are armies of em...

What I think it's best as anti-bot, is to make a script or you know what to do, that will summon(re-spawn) 1 "Champion" mob, after 10 mobs die in a certain place. This champion should give idk like same exp and same drops, or twice exp and drops (for extra fun and bonding in parties) as the original, is passive and social, but, is raidboss like. You can mark him with a blue name or title idk. So the active players will avoid this mob, unless they feel competent, and the bots will die in masses by his hand.

Saw this thing on  some private pvp sv. 

Hope the community/devs wont get mad at me if my idea is stupid, but I really believe that the bots are advancing way faster than the security systems.

Cheers.

• Like 3

This looks like a pretty cool gameplay feature to me as well.
Let's parties have an extra challenge (if they want).

There should be some way to despawn them as well (so you dont get 1500 "Champion" mobs in 1 place).
Let's say a timer or an amount in a certain area.

Not a stupid idea if you ask me!
Every idea to get rid of bots is a great idea imo.

There should be some way to despawn them as well (so you dont get 1500 "Champion" mobs in 1 place).
Let's say a timer or an amount in a certain area.

​Agree, forgot about that, on that pvp, there was 1 min respawn or so, for example I died, when i came bk, it was gone

The real solution is one ! , stunlock and train these ^^%$^#@$% bots !

aside from joking , if we have active gms and a working report system + we actually do our part by harassing the bots when able , botting should be reduced to a min...atleast for a while

The real solution is one ! , stunlock and train these ^^%$^#@$% bots !

aside from joking , if we have active gms and a working report system + we actually do our part by harassing the bots when able , botting should be reduced to a min...atleast for a while

​about stunlock and train... tried to do that on japan sv, was funny. I made like a 40 mobs train, almost died 3 times.

The result? I killed 3 bots, then my train was farmed... QQ

Surveillance and Banning is great. I'm not a great fan of the "one warning policy" they have in place right now. 
It's pretty obvious that botting is not allowed, I would use a zero tolerance approach to botters.

It's not like, robbing your first bank will be sentenced with a warning.

• Like 2

Best protection outside of GM monitoring is an actual AntiBot protection system like SmartGuard, I would look into it. Champion mobs can be bypasses too quickly by just monitoring the packets sent by the server to the client.

https://smart-guard.eu/en/

While nothing is ever 100% I have played on servers using SmartGuard and it seems to be one of the best protection systems for private L2 servers. The Start version is only $200 US and $25 license fee for 3 months. Since Dimensional Strangers (Ertheia) and Classic L2 client are identical I am sure they can tailor it for you.

Best protection outside of GM monitoring is an actual AntiBot protection system like SmartGuard, I would look into it. Chamion mobs can be bypasses too quickly by just monitoring the packets sent by the server to the client.

https://smart-guard.eu/en/

​yes, it would be good to have, but is not enough, japan use smart-guard, i think korea too, other players can confirm.

here some vids from korea, japan has the same storry:

and the list goes on

No, you are thinking of GameGuard, which has been used by NCSoft for years and is pretty much always been useless. SmartGuard is designed only for private servers, it has nothing to do with official L2 servers.

We are going to need some premium accounts to afford that kind of money! :)

I'm getting one!

​If the admins play their cards right they should have no problems getting members to spring for Premium memberships. And if players know this server has such a good anti-bot system they will become a lot more interested in playing since they won't be competing with automated players.

As with any private server the entire thing depends on how good and active the owners are. If owners pay little or no attention to what's going on or not putting any effort into keeping their server players happy they will die very quickly.

• Like 1

No, you are thinking of GameGuard, which has been used by NCSoft for years and is pretty much always been useless. SmartGuard is designed only for private servers, it has nothing to do with official L2 servers.

​Yes, game guard... totally useless

server would become a trash custom one, why would you even want that, just train them get their drops and thats it, this wont be any close to l2jp, chill..
just use the report button, so gms cna check later and banhammer them...

server would become a trash custom one, why would you even want that, just train them get their drops and thats it, this wont be any close to l2jp, chill..

1 st sv will not become trash coz some mobs will be stronger

2 nd nvm f2p japan, korean is subscription based

3rd did you know that you can only report 8 times per account?

4 th what is this sv anti bot protection? Community and gm's...

5 you cannot train an army of bots, they will eat your train

Friends... There is a big problem these days with bots I hope more will realize this

I think train bots and take their drops is still one of the best anti bot protections out there and i cant wait to do it in the hope for good reward :D

Atleast admins speaking about a unique bot protection here (ok every server says that) so we will have to see if it works at start..

Friends... There is a big problem these days with bots I hope more will realize this

​1. and still you don´t know how a bot prog atcual works

2. yes they are.. and like on old retail servers.. ppl can be paid ;)

3. you want to get new mobs but you think they can´t change the number of report per days ? realy ????

4. would be the best.. the map is small aslong there are 1-2 gm´s online on a daily base.. no problem.

5. yes you can.. just bc you don´t know how.. doesn´t mean no1 can ( pm me for more infos )

yes we know.... but when there are gm´s who actual ban bots ( every 1-3 days ) it will be cool. No normal player would bot at all... since it isnt worth it.

and since i do love todi... ( that picture is no offense.. you know who that is right ? pls tell me you guys know todi !!!! )

• Like 1

the best anti-bot protection will always be active GMs.

custom protections and reports works too, but usually only on short terms.

damn, you are so clueless.... 2015 and some people still dont get how bots work... 

bot problems THESE days? lol are you serious

​1. and still you don´t know how a bot prog atcual works

2. yes they are.. and like on old retail servers.. ppl can be paid ;)

3. you want to get new mobs but you think they can´t change the number of report per days ? realy ????

4. would be the best.. the map is small aslong there are 1-2 gm´s online on a daily base.. no problem.

5. yes you can.. just bc you don´t know how.. doesn´t mean no1 can ( pm me for more infos )

yes we know.... but when there are gm´s who actual ban bots ( every 1-3 days ) it will be cool. No normal player would bot at all... since it isnt worth it.

and since i do love todi... ( that picture is no offense.. you know who that is right ? pls tell me you guys know todi !!!! )

​1 i tried tower bot at a certain moment for 1-2 days, afterwards I deleted it, so yes, I am clueless about boting, I expext some use basic actions (/target /nexttarget), or record and play some use more sophisticated algorithms like using npc id. As I stated on my first post, beside active gms, anti bot software, what we can do?

2 true, 3 I'm thinking that if ppl have more reports, they will report other players coz they are weak or dont wana pvp for the spot => more laborious work for gms to check every report.

4 I agree map is small, but I have my doubts. I sure hope so it will be like you said.

5 I  know how to train, not an expert. Will make a movie at a certain point to see how fast can 40 mobs be farmed by 50+ bots.

about the picture, I dont recognize the character, but i will use the picture as avatar from now on, soo damn funny

Thx

damn, you are so clueless.... 2015 and some people still dont get how bots work... 

bot problems THESE days? lol are you serious

​ty for the long, detailed and sophisticated explications where you prove how clueless I am (sarcasm in case you didn't understand)

your last ideea: what do you mean? I'm too clueless to understand you :P

well, if you scroll up a bit you will notice that silve already answered all of your questions

and btw, sarcasm isnt your strong point...

well this is going off-topic, prczm I know that you don't care, but you don't have my respect, in my opinion, you just wanna bot.

Ofc i saw silve's answers and I responded to them as polite as he did, unlike you.

And this ends my attention towards you.

Have some fun!