ve3k

Question: What are the rules about custom ini files?

Hello.

I'm thinking about creating color chat with some nice message like spoil pop-up. How ever before spending time on it, I would like to ask about the server policy on this.

Will custom color chat or l2.ini be tolerated on release?

Also im planning on sharing my efforth with the community :ph34r:

• Like 1

Hello.

I'm thinking about creating color chat with some nice message like spoil pop-up. How ever before spending time on it, I would like to ask about the server policy on this.

Will custom color chat or l2.ini be tolerated on release?

Also im planning on sharing my efforth with the community :ph34r:

​Is there any guide to do this? I just love to see different colors on my chat :D

you can check my stream twitch.tv/ve3k

i have my "work in progress"  chat up :) still needs tweaking

Ho wdo you edit systemmsg-e.dat? When decoded it has some nonstandart separator (as in: not end of the line) making it rather hard to read in notepad, let alone modify and save...

I'm translating and changin the chat text but I have a problem:

When I modify the SystemMsg_Classic-e.dat it changes some texts, but I can't change the damage lines text or color :S, why is that? The line is already changed in ystemMsg_Classic-e.dat and in SystemMsg-e.dat.

I'm translating and changin the chat text but I have a problem:

When I modify the SystemMsg_Classic-e.dat it changes some texts, but I can't change the damage lines text or color :S, why is that? The line is already changed in ystemMsg_Classic-e.dat and in SystemMsg-e.dat.

​I found the problem, I was editing the "old lines", damage lines for this is from line 2261 not 35 :) , anyways, this is an adventure for me :P

As promised, here is my color chat. Feel free to point out bugs or suggestions.

Color chat by ve3k v2.2

Change log

​Hey I just tried your colors! :) It looks great, I do have few comments: when you buff yourself the buffs appear in the middle of the screen (tiny bit annoying) the letters are easy to read without the text on the screen, maybe we could have the option to remove it? ;x
Also when a debuff fails it would be handy to make it in red!

And a question: is there a system message when a debuff is successful? Example :
You use Dryad Root.
Dryad Root enabled.

Since i'm too lazy to figure out how to do it myself i tried your colors and i have to say they are very nice. Neat, subtle, good choice of colors. Good stuff =)

If i may suggest some adjustments:

a) some colors are way too dark, e.g. end of buff

b) as eytyxia said, the popup for buffs is probably not that important for most people. maybe move it to the bottom left/bottom right corner?

c) please remove pet skils reuse

​Hey I just tried your colors! :) It looks great, I do have few comments: when you buff yourself the buffs appear in the middle of the screen (tiny bit annoying) the letters are easy to read without the text on the screen, maybe we could have the option to remove it? ;x
Also when a debuff fails it would be handy to make it in red!

And a question: is there a system message when a debuff is successful? Example :
You use Dryad Root.
Dryad Root enabled.

​L2 client doesn't distinguish between buffs, triggers and debuffs applied to your character. I wanted to see when I receive debuffs such as bleed/poison to be able to quickly react with removal to prevent damage. I can create another file with these removed if there is high demand.

Failing the skill should have color changed or did i fail to change it or did you just wanted to adjust the colors?

Your client does not receive information whether the debuff landed on the target. You can only see if it is resisted. This can be added to pop-up on screen if it is resisted.

Since i'm too lazy to figure out how to do it myself i tried your colors and i have to say they are very nice. Neat, subtle, good choice of colors. Good stuff =)

If i may suggest some adjustments:

a) some colors are way too dark, e.g. end of buff

b) as eytyxia said, the popup for buffs is probably not that important for most people. maybe move it to the bottom left/bottom right corner?

c) please remove pet skils reuse

​a) that can be adjusted, i will have a look at it tomorrow.

b) explanation above, position can be changed, will see about that different msg file

c) will be done in next update ;)

When you fail a skill, there is indeed color, but when a debuff is resisted, there is no color! If you could make this red it could be great :) No pop-ups needed (not a big fan of them :P ) Thank you for this it's so cool ^^

I haven't tested it yet, but feel free to try it out :)

Color chat by ve3k v2.3

### version 2.3

-adjusted color
$s1 has worn off.
$c1 has resisted your $s2.

-adjusted pop-up location
$s1's effect can be felt.

-adjusted pop-up timer
The Spoil condition has been activated.

-added color and pop-up
The effect of $s1 has been removed.

-removed
That pet/servitor skill cannot be used because it is recharging.

-added color
$c1 has resisted your $s2.
That skill cannot be used because your pet/servitor lacks sufficient HP.
That skill cannot be used because your pet/servitor lacks sufficient MP.

Color chat by ve3k v2.4

### version 2.4

-adjusted color
$c1's attack went astray.
You have missed.
Rejuvenating HP.
$s1 HP has been restored.
$s2 HP has been restored by $c1.
$c1 landed a critical hit!
Summoned monster's critical hit!
Pet's critical hit!
Critical hit!