Sett

A silly question: Why classic?

No, i don't want to defend what Koreans did to Lineage, quite the opposite.

You see, once upon a time, there was Interlude. Official and working and loved and hated equally by all. There were even private servers based on C4 that emulated Intelude somewhat well. Then there was five years of fall from grace. Lineage moved somewhere, and then, all of a sudden we wanna go back. But. Instead of actually going back, we take what we have now, and try to rebuild the past, more or less from scratch. Why? Wouldn!t it be easier to just launch Interlude or C4 server?

Most of these chronicles are imbalanced and overplayed. Look at current major Interlude low rate servers which only last a few months or less, people get bored yet this is something different not much but at least something. If you are more interested in Interlude servers I'm sure you'll find one since there are dozens of them, but for some this is the only private classic server and not too grindy as official ones. 

You see, once upon a time, there was Interlude. 

​...and before that there was this amazing game called Lineage II where Mario and princess used to live happily ever after.

There were even private servers based on C4 that emulated Intelude somewhat well. Then there was five years of fall from grace. Lineage moved somewhere, and then, all of a sudden we wanna go back. But. Instead of actually going back, we take what we have now, and try to rebuild the past, more or less from scratch. Why? Wouldn!t it be easier to just launch Interlude or C4 server?

​So many servers stuck among those chronicles but honestly not all offer that pure feeling and like mikeokslonger mentioned this is the old Lineage with a better UI. You couldn't wish anything better and Koreans knew that that's why they developed it.

Thing is, it's going to be progressive, you won't get bored after first month or two since there will be major updates, also I am very curious where Koreans will head the game after Kamaels, since they said they will do a vote or something since that's the point where everyone started hating the game and making another GoD wouldn't make any sense.

No for Kamaels, it would be better to have 3rd class :3, but a balanced unique 3rd class :D

korea will implement the kamaels, it's a given fact. we can only hope that they will get skills reworked like all the other classes in order to make pvp overall more balanced.

i sure as hell don't want to see SoulHounds with steal divinity/multiple paralyze ever again.

a silly question : why another shit cronicle like GF or Freya when you can play the best chronicles of l2 from "c1" to "interlude"?

​i like old chronics too but calling gf a shit chronicle.. i think you went too far

a silly question : why another shit cronicle like GF or Freya when you can play the best chronicles of l2 from "c1" to "interlude"?

​i like old chronics too but calling gf a shit chronicle.. i think you went too far

​i mean the only good thing of gracia is territory wars soo... yea kinda sucks

Don't forget the disarm.

​disarm can be dealt with.

multiple paralyzes + buffs stolen is just plain retarded from an hybrid nuker/DD class.

​i mean the only good thing of gracia is territory wars soo... yea kinda sucks

​i know you ppl like old chronics since you remember the good old days, but cmon, c4 was crap, 95% mcrit rate, 1 crit dead from an archer, half the clases where usless, etc
gf was the 1st stable chronic in my mind, not saying it was perfect, mages still kinda op and archers needed a perfect setup to be playable, but still, far more balanced than c4 and all those old chronics

Don't let the name fool you xD at least to me it seems just like the old school l2 that got a UI update and a new name. Loving it so far though.

​There are a TON of things from C5 onwards. It's not "old school l2" at all. It has SOME features of it, sure. But enough has changed that they aren't even comparable.

That said, this is a good enough experience. At least it's not like all the shit we have on retail now.

I didn't mind the Kamaels that much, i even liked it (kinda) up until Goddess of Destruction. After that it was all about "F@ck those kids, everybody rush to 65 where the fun begins and you can spend money on shop" so whole areas got wiped and everybody got forced to follow a straight line from that point and onward.

Why classic?

1. Lineage was intended to be this way. The further updated and expansions were going - the more it was going away from its first idea - grinding gear endlessly so the consistency of different level players were always on. What I mean by that is having competition, many players on each stage of the game, starting from level 20 areas up to 50+. It's spread out. Considering the fact that people have different amount of spare time, you will get to see players everywhere. It s not like in Freya/God where everybody gets to level 85/100+ and then get bored of it after first heroes come out. Server FAIL, bla-bla... You know what I mean....

2. Achieving things feels more rewarding. After long amounts of farming adena/loot/crafting pieces etc. it feels more rewarding to craft yourself a piece of gear or buy it with your adena that you farmed for 2 weeks. You drop a top C grade bow while farming mobs and your neighbour calls the police because of you screaming your lungs out, the excitement of that is never even close to compare with dropping a vesper thrower in Freya, for example. 

3.No autoloot, no herbs, no stupid nevit system, no vitality, no instance zones that brakes economy completely. And most importantly, no 10-14 years old spoiled brats with inadequate, innapropriate and annoying behaviour(at least it will be a minority of them playing L2 Classic). 

Did I mention everything? Probably not. But this reasons are more than enough for me to choose L2 Classic over Freya/God etc. 

Edit: Of course, I forgot the most important thing: the HARDCORE! I mean, l2 Classic actually feels as hardcore as for example ripping your character in Diablo 3. Just think about it, losing 10% of your EXP on 55-60+ lvl will cost you at least one week of farming. And if you lose your weapon/armor it will cost you even more. You have to be always extremely cautious, make sure nobody is bringing a train of mobs on you or a warc/dwarf with endless stun. It s like you actually live your character through L2 and actually care about its well-being. OK, i m done now.

• Like 2

Why classic?

1. Lineage was intended to be this way. The further updated and expansions were going - the more it was going away from its first idea - grinding gear endlessly so the consistency of different level players were always on. What I mean by that is having competition, many players on each stage of the game, starting from level 20 areas up to 50+. It's spread out. Considering the fact that people have different amount of spare time, you will get to see players everywhere. It s not like in Freya/God where everybody gets to level 85/100+ and then get bored of it after first heroes come out. Server FAIL, bla-bla... You know what I mean....

2. Achieving things feels more rewarding. After long amounts of farming adena/loot/crafting pieces etc. it feels more rewarding to craft yourself a piece of gear or buy it with your adena that you farmed for 2 weeks. You drop a top C grade bow while farming mobs and your neighbour calls the police because of you screaming your lungs out, the excitement of that is never even close to compare with dropping a vesper thrower in Freya, for example. 

3.No autoloot, no herbs, no stupid nevit system, no vitality, no instance zones that brakes economy completely. And most importantly, no 10-14 years old spoiled brats with inadequate, innapropriate and annoying behaviour(at least it will be a minority of them playing L2 Classic). 

Did I mention everything? Probably not. But this reasons are more than enough for me to choose L2 Classic over Freya/God etc. 

Edit: Of course, I forgot the most important thing: the HARDCORE! I mean, l2 Classic actually feels as hardcore as for example ripping your character in Diablo 3. Just think about it, losing 10% of your EXP on 55-60+ lvl will cost you at least one week of farming. And if you lose your weapon/armor it will cost you even more. You have to be always extremely cautious, make sure nobody is bringing a train of mobs on you or a warc/dwarf with endless stun. It s like you actually live your character through L2 and actually care about its well-being. OK, i m done now.

​Like the post and the avatar ;)

All right, that should teach me to express myself better. I completely agree with you guys, (though i still think there was nothing wrong with the game up untill IL).

The question is not "why classic" as in "why the good old hardcore", I want that back too. The question i tried to ask is this:

Why bother undoing whatever NC f*cked up since [insertchonicle], when we could easily run that chronicle instead?

It's like trying to remaster that Novaspace's Our beds Are Burning crap remix to extract the original Midnigh Oil behind all of it. You know, it might be somewhat possible, but why bother? It's just not the same... And more the the point the server is not the same, the game is not the same. I know this is just beta, but I've seen more deviations from what i'd expect from a server called "Classic" here in a week than I've seen on all decent private servers of the time combined... I appreciate the work, but i also see a lot more work tyhat needs to be done before that "classic" name will be truly deserved, and i just think there might be an easier way, is alll...

Then again i'm not exactly sure what expectations the DEVs have, so...:$

I think it is beacuse the L2 died and the players want to revive the old good times, beacuse you know, it a focking good game that has a lot of roleplay, PVP and such.

NCSOFT KR tried to do that also with their other MMO Aion. They made a "classic" like server with the new features but enough about that. Why are we still discussing about the server instead of looking Dr1MaR's avatar! :P

• Like 1