Sett

Another silly question: What to play?

Seeing as i know next to nothing about Classic i wonder what the FOTM is ... so i can play something else.

Actually i'm playing with my wife, so the question really is what is a good duo.

I want something that fits well into parties, but maybe is not entirelly dependent on them. Maybe BD/SwS or warlock. But the game and more importantly players are so much different form what i'm used to... So how are things done in Classic? How do people farm? What do they do? What about raids? Epics? Is e.g. nuker + se/ee even viable in classic? So far it seems everyone is playing mages, but still? Help! :o:D

Seeing as i know next to nothing about Classic i wonder what the FOTM is ... so i can play something else.

Actually i'm playing with my wife, so the question really is what is a good duo.

I want something that fits well into parties, but maybe is not entirelly dependent on them. Maybe BD/SwS or warlock. But the game and more importantly players are so much different form what i'm used to... So how are things done in Classic? How do people farm? What do they do? What about raids? Epics? Is e.g. nuker + se/ee even viable in classic? So far it seems everyone is playing mages, but still? Help! :o:D

​depends on what you two want to do.

if the both of you want to get parties easily, SWS+BD is probably the best support combo you can get for physical damage groups. a Warlock with Blessing of Queen could be an alternative to SWS as well.

as for buffers, usually it's like this:

- PP top for archers( Berserk+Greater Might );

- SE top for mages( Empower ), EE as secondary choice( Clarity );

- WC top for melees( VR+Greater Might ), SE as secondary choice( VR, decent Heals ).

that's only regarding the overall buffs and setups for PvE thou.

keep in mind that SE/EE also have better heals compared to WC/PP, Purify/Vitalyze and mana recharge. SE will also get Stigma of Shilen in 2.0, wich is like an extra Hex. useful for melee groups.

Basically why everyone plays a mage, is because they are the fastest to level. Mages are good because they have a pet until ~44lvl that constantly recharges your mana so you never really have a downtime. And mages can also form AOE parties that will level them really fast.