Sign in to follow this  
LastAnciet

H5 patch notes

Hello,

Since there is idea about doing second H5 project I would like to remember what was about this chronione but I think my memory need some help.

Do you know guys where I can read about H5 patch notes ?

What are the best classes on this chronione?

Do spoiling mate still counts and is worth to do spoiler ?

How about destro on this chronione?

Thanks in advance !

Here you can read all the patch notes from C1 to High Five: http://legacy.lineage2.com/news/highfive_01.html :)

It's a lot of reading though; I assume you remember Interlude as it was, so that's Kamael, Hellbound, Gracia 1, Gracia 2, Gracia Final, Gracia Epilogue, Freya and High Five, so 8 patch notes in total :D I'd suggest to just check the skill tree first to get an idea: http://skilltree.darkdragon.cz/skills.php?race=human&class=human_fighter&level=0&lang=en

But to answer some of your questions:

Q: What are the best classes on this chronione?
A: High Five has definitely the best balance out of all chronicles; on a lowrate H5 server with no GMshop, all chars have their place; depending on dualbox policy there, I'd say even active Prophet will find his spot (though still, Warcryer would probably be a better alternative)

Q: Do spoiling mate still counts and is worth to do spoiler?
A: Absolutely. Not only that spoiling is as important as ever, if you check the Skill Tree I posted above you'll see they added him so many new skills he's basically a PvP char there, too.

Q: How about destro on this chronione?
A: Better than ever. Frenzy is a lot weaker there so he's not the ultimate RB killing machine he used to be, but he's got Rush (which 'teleports' you right to your opponent) and bunch of another skills so he's now much better on PvP side.

Here you can read all the patch notes from C1 to High Five: http://legacy.lineage2.com/news/highfive_01.html :)

It's a lot of reading though; I assume you remember Interlude as it was, so that's Kamael, Hellbound, Gracia 1, Gracia 2, Gracia Final, Gracia Epilogue, Freya and High Five, so 8 patch notes in total :D I'd suggest to just check the skill tree first to get an idea: http://skilltree.darkdragon.cz/skills.php?race=human&class=human_fighter&level=0&lang=en

But to answer some of your questions:

Q: What are the best classes on this chronione?
A: High Five has definitely the best balance out of all chronicles; on a lowrate H5 server with no GMshop, all chars have their place; depending on dualbox policy there, I'd say even active Prophet will find his spot (though still, Warcryer would probably be a better alternative)

Q: Do spoiling mate still counts and is worth to do spoiler?
A: Absolutely. Not only that spoiling is as important as ever, if you check the Skill Tree I posted above you'll see they added him so many new skills he's basically a PvP char there, too.

Q: How about destro on this chronione?
A: Better than ever. Frenzy is a lot weaker there so he's not the ultimate RB killing machine he used to be, but he's got Rush (which 'teleports' you right to your opponent) and bunch of another skills so he's now much better on PvP side.

Thank you for answer, tell me how is the situation with buffs on this chronione?

Well there's one major change - newbie buffs are now available until 75. But you need to understand that leveling up is MUCH easier on High Five than it used to be on older chronicles. And it's not only Vitality system that gives you up to 300% bonus in exp, High Five also has a new, much easier experience curve, so now you need to get much less XP to level up. Also there're several high exp reward quests like Pailaka or the Cruma tower quests, there's Kamaloka which is a mini raid you can join with ~4 other people, equip is much easier to gain as you can buy basically a top C grade equip from shop for fraction of its original price (the 'common' items which you cant enchant/get SA to, but otherwise they're identical) etc. etc.

Other than that there're tons and tons of new buffs, it would be difficult to mention them all so I'll refer you to the Skill Tree link I've posted above. Fun fact - on High Five even warsmiths have I think 6 new buffs they can give to people :)

Aside from fairly boring stuff, here are some honorable mentions:

Great Fury - not exactly a buff, but a Trigger. It's Warcryer's new skill on level 83 that gives him a chance to buff entire party with additional Haste when attacking with his new short range skill. Really huge.

Counter Critical - gives you 30% resist against criticals. But that's not the best part - when you're under attack, there's chance it will Trigger another buff which increases your short-range critical power against other people. I don't know the exact numbers but trust me when I say you start hitting like a truck.

and 
New Kamael buffs - when a Kamaels (the new race) levels up 2 other subclasses (they can only get a sub within their race), they can get a Inspector as their 3rd sub. This profession is mostly known for those buffs above - Appetite for Destruction, Protection Instinct, Vampiric Impulse and Magic Impulse. Those are party buffs - 15 seconds duration, 5 minutes reuse. You know, weak stuff, but you can check those anyway 9_9

Well there's one major change - newbie buffs are now available until 75. But you need to understand that leveling up is MUCH easier on High Five than it used to be on older chronicles. And it's not only Vitality system that gives you up to 300% bonus in exp, High Five also has a new, much easier experience curve, so now you need to get much less XP to level up. Also there're several high exp reward quests like Pailaka or the Cruma tower quests, there's Kamaloka which is a mini raid you can join with ~4 other people, equip is much easier to gain as you can buy basically a top C grade equip from shop for fraction of its original price (the 'common' items which you cant enchant/get SA to, but otherwise they're identical) etc. etc.

Other than that there're tons and tons of new buffs, it would be difficult to mention them all so I'll refer you to the Skill Tree link I've posted above. Fun fact - on High Five even warsmiths have I think 6 new buffs they can give to people :)

Aside from fairly boring stuff, here are some honorable mentions:

Great Fury - not exactly a buff, but a Trigger. It's Warcryer's new skill on level 83 that gives him a chance to buff entire party with additional Haste when attacking with his new short range skill. Really huge.

Counter Critical - gives you 30% resist against criticals. But that's not the best part - when you're under attack, there's chance it will Trigger another buff which increases your short-range critical power against other people. I don't know the exact numbers but trust me when I say you start hitting like a truck.

and 
New Kamael buffs - when a Kamaels (the new race) levels up 2 other subclasses (they can only get a sub within their race), they can get a Inspector as their 3rd sub. This profession is mostly known for those buffs above - Appetite for Destruction, Protection Instinct, Vampiric Impulse and Magic Impulse. Those are party buffs - 15 seconds duration, 5 minutes reuse. You know, weak stuff, but you can check those anyway 9_9

Some more questions, which quests are worth attention except kamaloka/pailaka ?

If you can buy up to B stuff what for you need spoil ? I mean mats would be probably very low price ?

Where I can find good drop calculator for this chronicle?

To be honest I haven't played H5 in a while and mostly I've played on midrates where quests weren't that important, because the Adena and XP rate were high enough to not have to bother with the quests, with exception to obviously sub/nob quests, the one in Aden for EWC/EWB (hunting mobs in Ancient Battleground), some boosted quests like Lidia's Heart or the Pavel's Last Research... Here's the list of the quests - it seems to be incomplete since e.g. the card quest isn't even mentioned, but it gives you the idea. I mean, it's incomparable with Classic quests where the reward barely covers the expenses for a teleport; if you like doing quests, H5 rewards you appropriately.

About spoils - well, not exactly. It's again entirely different situation from Classic. Even if the rates would be x1 (which I don't think would be the case), it would still be at least ~20x faster than the current Classic servers. You rush through the 20s 30s like nothing, you pick the C grade and as far as I remember, many people skipped the B grade completely. BUT you you still need to craft A+, right? Especially the armors, everyone needs those DCs, Tallums, Majestics etc. There's pretty huge gap between availability of A grade and S grade, let alone Dynasty, especially on low rate servers. You just can't get to level 80+ with Karmian (challenge accepted anyone?), so still 98% of people will craft the A grade equip, where these materials simply are needed, alongside with keys and recipes, obviously. And it doesn't stop there, when you get higher you - again - need spoil for Dynasty and Vesper (which is being spoiled I think in Monastery of Silence and you need a full group of decently equipped people to survive there, but that's story for another day). /There's also Moirai and Elegia but those can't be crafted as far as I remember/. Spoil just never stops being needed because even if you - some day - get to the absolute endgame, you still will want to craft another Vespers so you can enchant them as high as possible, but your S crystals will keep stacking. I mean - yeah, the material prices will be probably a bit lower in first week or two, but that's about it, after some while it will rise to the value you're used to :) 

(here's a H5 calculator - http://l2j.ru/index.php?p=0. It's based on java and admins said they have OFF files, so the data may be a bit different, but it should be alright)

I think you are a bit too early with Hf questions, if it will be opening, only in 2017 admins said, at least 3-4 months to go :D