Sign in to follow this  
Zetih

Luxuary Shop in Giran

I always thought it was a bit easy to get good gear by just visiting the Luxuary Shop in Giran and then basically be ready for DV.

My suggestion is to hide the (close to)TOP C-gear in the Luxuary Shop and only keep the lower C-grade stuff. Let people go out and find the TOP C-gear as well as B-gear that they need to fulfill their DV-role.

Yeah honestly, I don't like the luxury shop whatsoever. I think Starting from D grade we should have to craft everything. Getting free access to anything in C grade feels like a cop out to me. Craft or get fucked. 

Exactly, having almost TOP C-gear in Luxuary Shop makes people only more keen on staying in town trading, building up momentum, rather then out partying. Force the people out of town, instead of letting them sit there like freezing birds! So that the PvP can flourish even more(!) when parties that look for better gear accidently stumble upon each other. :)

I recently played a quick c1 15x server with the shadow weapons that go all the way to top c grade. It felt so wrong... I remember when if you lost your d grade weapon as you were leveling up, if you didn't have friends that could replace it for you, or money yourself, you might as well just go delevel and start again.

Yeah and this server is x3, and now x3 on rewards, so getting a fine D-grade shouldn't be an impossible achivement if you lost your gear somewhere in the game, just saying! And If that is not enough, be the "freezing bird" when you loose your gear, at least that time I feel its a legit reason to sit there trading your way back to where you were earlier.

I always thought it was a bit easy to get good gear by just visiting the Luxuary Shop in Giran and then basically be ready for DV.

My suggestion is to hide the (close to)TOP C-gear in the Luxuary Shop and only keep the lower C-grade stuff. Let people go out and find the TOP C-gear as well as B-gear that they need to fulfill their DV-role.

​Luxury shop IS low C grade..

In a real ''classic'' environment where you get close to no adena, no drops, no spoils and don't have a dual box buffer (keep in mind this server here right now is x50, not x3) you won't say it's ''easy'' lol... i play KR classic server, you may talk like this is too easy but if they would remove the luxury shop you'd be uninstalling the game pretty fast trust me.

getting that amount of crystals in a x3 server won't be easy at all, and if you ever drop that weapon you'll be crying for days. it's easy to talk like ''classic is so easy'' when you're playing a x50 beta or some x15 c1 servers lol. Maybe you should go test KR or RU classic see how long you last ;)

• Like 1

​Luxury shop IS low C grade..

In a real ''classic'' environment where you get close to no adena, no drops, no spoils and don't have a dual box buffer (keep in mind this server here right now is x50, not x3) you won't say it's ''easy'' lol... i play KR classic server, you may talk like this is too easy but if they would remove the luxury shop you'd be uninstalling the game pretty fast trust me.

getting that amount of crystals in a x3 server won't be easy at all, and if you ever drop that weapon you'll be crying for days. it's easy to talk like ''classic is so easy'' when you're playing a x50 beta or some x15 c1 servers lol. Maybe you should go test KR or RU classic see how long you last ;)

​You dont know my past, so shut it.

I played the game early 2004, and yes it was hard as hell earning Adena, reaching lv 58 with an Orc Tyrant(yes the worst class in the game at that time, without a box or botting, so I sure lasted long ;) ). Still I thought the Luxuary shop was a sort of an excuse, to let you safely build up momentum, and then "when prepared", go for it.

You say Luxuary Shop IS low C grade. I say, you ARE wrong. How low of a C-grade item is an Akat Longbow compared to an Eminence Bow, not low at all. So I definately think its appropriate thinking this idea over. And when you say "removing the Luxuary Shop will end up having players uninstall the game", thats your idea entirely, not mine. My idea was to ONLY show LOW c-grade items in the Luxuary Shop, not have it removed.

I kind of agree with Dewi on this ... anyway if i played archer in 8 of 10 cases i would chose CIB instead of akat witch is low C not mid ... eminence has attack speed of CIB and considerably more patk then akat so the difference is big enogh. As for mages set they go with low C all the game(except supports classes witch will go for craft divine set)

I kind of agree with Dewi on this ... anyway if i played archer in 8 of 10 cases i would chose CIB instead of akat witch is low C not mid ... eminence has attack speed of CIB and considerably more patk then akat so the difference is big enogh. As for mages set they go with low C all the game(except supports classes witch will go for craft divine set)

​Crystallized Ice Bow (CIB) 220 p.atk
Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

How has Eminence "considerably" more p.atk than an Akat? You must mean "slightly", right?

And yes, CIB is low-C, so therefore that is a good reason for it to be the top item you can choose in the Luxuary Shop.

If you want an Akat, a Noble Elven, or an Eminence, well, get your lazy ass out there and hunt.

Removing the Close-to-TOP C-items in the Luxuary shop would create benefits like:

- People needing a nice party backing them up when trying to reach TOP-areas in the game.

- Dwarfs now get even more to do than before, as even mid-range C-items gets viewed at, and therefore making them hunt recipes through the whole scale of C-items, housing themselves in otherwise pretty empty areas throughout the game.

- Clans and players get tighter(specially if a nice dwarf is around) since parties are more needed than before.

- Materials get even more focus now, since people arent as keen on getting items from the luxuary shop anylonger, cause of the small advantage/upgrade these low-lvl C-items gives. Giving more diversity among what people choose to wear.

- Losing items when dying doesnt give you a chance to rely on the Luxuary Shop for a "nice recovery", but instead have to rely on your social contacts within a clan or throughour the game.

- The economy will flourish, where C-Crystals will be even less important than before(besides SSC).

• Like 1

shots are a luxury in L2Classic wtf .... 1100CC and 5500CD for a mid C weap is a fortune .... and for Akat witch is very slow atk speed does not worth really ... any decent archer who will also want to pvp will buy CIB ... the best thing in luxury is composite armor witch most of the classes will opt for :)

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

How has Eminence "considerably" more p.atk than an Akat? You must mean "slightly", right?

And yes, CIB is low-C, so therefore that is a good reason for it to be the top item you can choose in the Luxuary Shop.

If you want an Akat, a Noble Elven, or an Eminence, well, get your lazy ass out there and hunt.

​But Eminence has 'Slow' atk. speed and Akat is 'Very Slow' if I remember correctly, so that's why it's higher tier :) 

Anyway I think Luxury Shop should stay. As Dewi mentioned above it will be nearly impossible to gather enough Adena to buy something there - most of the times you will want to craft it anyway to save 1/2 of the price.

But the most important thing about Luxury Shop on low rate servers is that it stimulates the economy. It works as Adena drain and its preventing the situations when at some point people would only trade goods for goods because there wouldn't be enough goods to buy with the Adena. 

That's my opinion :)

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​But Eminence has 'Slow' atk. speed and Akat is 'Very Slow' if I remember correctly, so that's why it's higher tier :) 

Anyway I think Luxury Shop should stay. As Dewi mentioned above it will be nearly impossible to gather enough Adena to buy something there - most of the times you will want to craft it anyway to save 1/2 of the price.

But the most important thing about Luxury Shop on low rate servers is that it stimulates the economy. It works as Adena drain and its preventing the situations when at some point people would only trade goods for goods because there wouldn't be enough goods to buy with the Adena. 

shots are a luxury in L2Classic wtf .... 1100CC and 5500CD for a mid C weap is a fortune .... and for Akat witch is very slow atk speed does not worth really ... any decent archer who will also want to pvp will buy CIB ... the best thing in luxury is composite armor witch most of the classes will opt for :)

I dont understand why people are worried that I want the Luxuary Shop totally gone. I dont. That was Dewi's idea. My idea is to get rid of half of the items IN the shop.

There are many ways to stimulate an economy in a game like L2: Castles, Town taxes, Clan Halls, GK prices, Luxuary Shop(in its capped form).

The above mentioned doesnt need to stay fixed, so the thing with Luxuary Shop being special on low-rate servers, and therefore should remain untouched, well, I dont buy that. But I can understand that its a nice excuse to use, to avoid having to go the tough way up the ladder.

let's not come up with some random customized bullshit again.

the luxury shop needs to stay just like the offi one, no point in discussing it further.

• Like 1

Classic is not like every other chronicle you know (even C1 is easier), just try it a least one time Russian/Japan classic and you will see, even with x3 rate you can't have a lot of adena (except from goldseller on Official but well you understand my point).

Luxury is fine maybe raise price by 1.5, could be a good idea but don't remove item (anyway you still need craft part for having a full set).

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

I dont understand why people are worried that I want the Luxuary Shop totally gone. I dont. That was Dewi's idea. My idea is to get rid of half of the items IN the shop.

There are many ways to stimulate an economy in a game like L2: Castles, Town taxes, Clan Halls, GK prices, Luxuary Shop(in its capped form).

The above mentioned doesnt need to stay fixed, so the thing with Luxuary Shop being special on low-rate servers, and therefore should remain untouched, well, I dont buy that. But I can understand that its a nice excuse to use, to avoid having to go the tough way up the ladder.

​But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop.

I could agree with increased prices, but I wouldn't touch the Luxury Shop range of items. As was already mentioned above, Luxury Shop on classic isn't for normal people. You can't just farm up some Adena and then buy C grade around 45, 50 - it's still too expensive and unless you win some lottery or something, 95% of the people will still craft even those items that are offerend in Luxury Shop, because it will still be 50% cheaper.

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​Eminence = slow, akat = very slow. thats a considerable difference. and good luck getting all the crystals for Akat anyways, it's going to take you a freakin while. You obviously never played Classic so i dont even see why you even talk lol.

I dont understand why people are worried that I want the Luxuary Shop totally gone. I dont. That was Dewi's idea.

LOL lie more? i never said that hahaha. i only said luxury is FAR from top C.

I don't think you realise how hard it is going to be to get 5k D crystals and 1k C crystals on classic.... You'll be better off crafting a weapon anyways. You are barely going to be able to afford your D grades and Gatekeeper fees, most of the time you're gonna have to run between towns, and you think you're going to afford 5k D crystals and 1k C crystals easily? hahaha

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop.

I could agree with increased prices, but I wouldn't touch the Luxury Shop range of items. As was already mentioned above, Luxury Shop on classic isn't for normal people. You can't just farm up some Adena and then buy C grade around 45, 50 - it's still too expensive and unless you win some lottery or something, 95% of the people will still craft even those items that are offerend in Luxury Shop, because it will still be 50% cheaper.

"But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop."

Raise the price on Soul/Spirit ore to match the "inflation" that you speak of and suddenly the Adena WILL come to use, and for those that think its too expensive, battle without SS! :) Same with GK: adjust the prices where people are most keen on teleporting back and forth at a high lvl, and for those that think its too expensive, run! :)

Balancing the economy isnt a problem, you just need to look at popular stuff like the above mentioned and increase accordingly.

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

"But still, everyone once gets into the point when even the Gatekeeper prices and clan hall renting becomes bearable, and then there isn't much to do with the extra Adena if you'd remove good items from the luxury shop."

Raise the price on Soul/Spirit ore to match the "inflation" that you speak of and suddenly the Adena WILL come to use, and for those that think its too expensive, battle without SS! :) Same with GK: adjust the prices where people are most keen on teleporting back and forth at a high lvl, and for those that think its too expensive, run! :)

Balancing the economy isnt a problem, you just need to look at popular stuff like the above mentioned and increase accordingly.

​Alright im done arguing with you, you obviously NEVER played classic. You think you will have adena for 5k D crystals and 1k C crystals? Adena for shots and adena for GK? HAShahahahahahahhahha. DUde you're already going to have to run between towns and have problem to buy your Dgrades, You're going to be lvl 45+ And not even be able to afford anything in the luxury shop, so of course you'll be better off hunting and crafting. If you never played classic please stop talking....................

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​Eminence = slow, akat = very slow. thats a considerable difference. and good luck gettign all the crystals for Akat, it's going to take you a while. You obviously never played Classic so i dont even see why you even talk lol.

"You obviously never played Classic so i dont even see why you even talk lol"

And I dont understand why you even respond in this thread when what your writing is of no value, like the above. So either add something of value, or beat it.

Akat 316 p.atk
Eminence 323 p.atk.

​Alright im done arguing with you, you obviously NEVER played classic. You think you will have adena for 5k D crystals and 1k C crystals? Adena for shots and adena for GK? HAShahahahahahahhahha. DUde you're already going to have to run between towns and have problem to buy your Dgrades, You're going to be lvl 45+ And not even be able to afford anything in the luxury shop, so of course you'll be better off hunting and crafting. If you never played classic please stop talking....................

​Yeah, it hurts to see that there are solutions on Adena oveflow doesnt it ;) And by the way you express yourself, I feel im on the right path, so thanks :)