Sign in to follow this  
Mica

Classic vs Retail - Coarse Bone Powder vs Animal Bone

Hi Guys,

I know we all want a genuine classic experience but I'd like to voice one of my largest displeasures regarding the way NCSoft designed the game, and it has to do with Animal Bone and Coarse Bone Powder. I just don't understand it. You'd figure that CBP is a higher quality, more rare item than Animal Bone, but for some reason, you can only spoil it at lower levels and it drives me nuts.

I suggest we consider making CBP spoilable on higher level mobs, maybe one in the high 40's, one in the high 50's and one in the high 60s possibly in DV? Currently, the highest level spoil I know of is a Leto Lizardman Warrior x2 mob that's level 38 for CBP. Seems a bit silly to me when its a major component of most weapons going forward.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

I know we all want a genuine classic experience but I'd like to voice one of my largest displeasures regarding the way NCSoft designed the game, and it has to do with Animal Bone and Coarse Bone Powder. I just don't understand it. You'd figure that CBP is a higher quality, more rare item than Animal Bone, but for some reason, you can only spoil it at lower levels and it drives me nuts.

I suggest we consider making CBP spoilable on higher level mobs, maybe one in the high 40's, one in the high 50's and one in the high 60s possibly in DV? Currently, the highest level spoil I know of is a Leto Lizardman Warrior x2 mob that's level 38 for CBP. Seems a bit silly to me when its a major component of most weapons going forward.

Cheers,

​u know , why u can only spoil them at low lvl? 

1st : noobies can do/sell something
2nd : the economy will never die

3rd : it makes the game more hard

4th : fun :D

it's one of the reasons as to why majority of the spoilers never go beyond lv40.

spoiling mats at lower levels is far more profitable, since u can do it without the need of a group.

That's the reason dwarfs go suicide bombers on dion guards xD

​Doesn't it seem counter-intuitive, poor design, and a disincentive for people to level a spoiler to the top levels? Why not have the rarer mats spoil from higher level mobs?

you make a low lvl spoiler for low lvl mats, and you lvl one for the best items recipes, shots recipes, enchants and such. dwarfs already make a lot of money because of spoils and crafts, let them work a bit for it lol.

I'm planning on making BH as my main. So i welcome every change that makes it OP :P 

Best would be to: After successfull spoil, window would pop-up with the selection of available spoils and i could pick one from the list that i need the most.

On the serious side, keep it as it is, we are used to poor design choices of L2, changing it, would make it loose the nostalgic spirit it has now.

That's the reason dwarfs go suicide bombers on dion guards xD

​Haha, seeing this used to make me laugh back in the day.

In all fairness, this was an issue back on retail that people used to complain about, with 3x rates its safe enough to say there's no need to change it though, just level up a low level spoiler don't go de-levelling yourself! Ha.