Sign in to follow this  
Zetih

Prolonging the game experience of this server

Just a simple idea for the TEAM before going final:

1. Map the most crucial monsters out there, when it comes to drops/spoils (ex. recipes(D/C/B SS and top C and all B), spellbooks(rare) and top gear(top C and all B)).

2. Start swapping places between where "crucial" drops/spoils can be found.

Benefits;

- Players now actually have to find the item they search for, instead of easily relying on a lazy database.

- This will even out the chances between normal playing clans and clans that are "desperately oriented" on getting all the benefits first.

- No more boring "going directly to this mob, and then to this mob, and finally to this mob, goal reached"

"Also I think most people will just exp where is free slot and no CP PK's them haha xD"

Yeah, and those normal players, avoiding to get PK'ed, might be the guys getting the good loot first, just because they luckily choosed an area where no PKclans could be found :)

I hope GM don't do this. That's my opinion but the biggest reason i love classic is because it's hard, and it's like old times, i'm sick of all those customized servers out there.

edit: also the way to prolonge classic servers is to gradually implement the next patches (just like real official classics), not add custom stuff, i think i read somewhere that admin was planning on going live on 1.0 and then upgrading after a few months when/if files are out and ready. Might be wrong, but i think i read it somewhere.

Dewi:
I havent been on any private servers, can you name any customization that you felt was crap and how it destroyed the game?

Fenrir:
Can you please use constructive criticism

Dewi:
I havent been on any private servers, can you name any customization that you felt was crap and how it destroyed the game?

Fenrir:

​champion monsters, custom items, custom raid boss, custom drops, custom spoils, custom shops, custom areas, custom world, stuff like that. i think you get the point :P i think it's much better to keep it as official classic, and have patches over time that gives new lvl cap, new areas, new monsters, new spoils, new drops, sieges, etc. The reason people want to play here is for the classic experience with international community, unlike RU or KR classics who are, obviously, pretty much only RU players or KR players and you cannot find groups if you don't speak the language. I don't think people will like it much if they join a classic server and realize it has custom things

• Like 1

Benefits;

- Players now actually have to find the item they search for, instead of easily relying on a lazy database.

- This will even out the chances between normal playing clans and clans that are "desperately oriented" on getting all the benefits first.

- No more boring "going directly to this mob, and then to this mob, and finally to this mob, goal reached"

​The problem with this, is players aren't going out to 'find' them it is purely luck based. With the amount of mobs and areas (even if you restrict it to only mobs +/- 5 levels of the skill book level you are still just playing an almighty crap shoot and with a low drop rate it is all based on how lucky you get, the prices for those skill books are going to be insane locking out anyone who doesn't have a large clan behind them to fund it especially for those buff books.

You WANT to know where those books drop, as it just adds places for PVP. People will contest those zones, because they need those books. First the CP's/Clans will get them and then the rest of the playerbase can wade in and that's how it should be, those organised will always pull ahead.

Also, coding wise I imagine it would be a nightmare as the only way to 'switch' which mobs it drops from is to add the books to another monsters loot table, so either they do that manually for each book everytime to switch it, or they add all those books to all the monsters loot tables around that level range and make it an absurdly low drop rate to prevent you getting a million of them.

​there's no need to.

this is a server meant to be just like official Classic, with x3 rates to lower a bit the amount of grinding required for leveling/gearing up( and some rates have been changed on ru offi already with the new updates ), so there's no need to add any customized changes.

this is not another random mid~high rate server with custom shit, it's a L2 Classic private server meant to be just like offi.

and sorry to burst your bubble, but L2 was always all about competition, be it for gear or hunting areas.

if you want to play the game to be competitive, try to join a top clan and see how it goes, otherwise u can stick with the other casuals and play the game as it is. your progress may be slower, but that's how the game works. either be competitive and work for your stuff, or just play casually.

to be honest, the only single thing that needs to be changed here at the moment is the death penalty.

at least on ru offi they're smart enough to have it reduced to 4% instead of 10% exp loss on death in order to encourage PvP at high levels.

that's the only change we need here. otherwise, when people will hit lv50, they'll just stop bothering with PvP alltogether and they'll lock themself in hunting zones forever, afraid to loose exp. and since doing the same stuff everyday gets quite boring after a while, when that happens people will leave eventually.

Dewi:

Fenrir:

​champion monsters, custom items, custom raid boss, custom drops, custom spoils, custom shops, custom areas, custom world, stuff like that. i think you get the point :P i think it's much better to keep it as official classic, and have patches over time that gives new lvl cap, new areas, new monsters, new spoils, new drops, sieges, etc. The reason people want to play here is for the classic experience with international community, unlike RU or KR classics who are, obviously, pretty much only RU players or KR players and you cannot find groups if you don't speak the language. I don't think people will like it much if they join a classic server and realize it has custom things

​Hey, champion mobs were fantastic though.