Sign in to follow this  
Ryoko

[NOT BUG] Skirmish with the Orcs - incorrect quest reward by class

Skirmish with the Orcs  - Elven Village - Elf race only - given by Sentinel Kendell

When completed, the rewards should be a Red Sunset Sword for fighter based elf classes or a Red Sunset Staff for mage based elf classes. After completion of the quest as a lvl 15 Elven Fighter, I received a Novice Red Sunset Staff. The quest bug makes it impossible to earn the sword version.

Shot00000.bmp

Already many times discussed. Accidentally given the award. It's not a mistake. Weapons transferred. Can someone share.

Already many times discussed. Accidentally given the award. It's not a mistake. Weapons transferred. Can someone share.

​Not sure where it's been discussed on here as I used search before I posted, and again after reading your message. Unless you're looking more than 5 pages in, I would love a link so I can see what's been discussed.

What does "Accidentally given the award" mean?

"Weapons transferred." so... you're saying if you want the sword, you play as a elf mage??

You say "it's not a mistake", but the only place I see this mentioned is a terribly translated google Russian quest guide, and what you've said here. I've literally done this quest ~20 times over the years (on both retail and PS servers) and never once had it give me a mage weapon unless I was a mage character. Unless this is something completely new, and an albeit a very odd addition to the way Classic works, I'm still calling this a bug.

It's like Classic retails and it work fine.

It's not a bug translation, just look here : http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_t1011349

Russian :

Случайно:
Китайский Посох Багрового Заката (2-ручн. дубина, Физ.Атк. 14, Маг. Атк. 15) - 1шт.
или
Китайский Меч Багрового Заката (2-ручн. меч, Физ.Атк. 17, Маг.Атк. 11) - 1шт.

English :

Random:

Red Sunset Staff (2handed.blunt, 14 P.atk, 15 M.atk) 1 piece.

or

Red Sunset Sword (2handed.sword, 17 P.atk, 11 M/atk) 1 piece.

This word "Случайно", it mean "Random" in english, ("Accidentally" is a bad translation).

So this quest work fine and you need to have a bit of luck.

Classic is not like you played before, it's a hard lineage 2 version.

• Like 1

if RNG goes wrong and you get the other weapon, at least you can always try to trade it for the opposite.

• Like 1