Sign in to follow this  
Synbourne

Mob Sniper 100% droprate C grade

Snipes (not Snipers) have very high drop rates (0,1 - 0,5%) for each of the seven low C grade acessories, by default. That is an average 7x0,3%=2,1% to drop one of them on 1x rates. Here you have 50X rates, so that gives 100% to drop low C accessory, for players of the same level or little lower. It's not a bug.

Source: L2Central.info

Interestingly they are supposed to drop EWCs as well, with about 15% chance, but i have yet to see one.

0,1 to 0,5% per items. Let's say every item is 0,5%. With the actual rates it's 25%. Meaning if there is 7 items you have 0,75^7 chances to get nothing. Meaning you approximately have 85% chance to drop an item.

The game drop are just toally full of bugs and there is way to many full dropps at moment.

Probability don't work like that, It need to be 5 - 25% drop rate here (drop rate change if more people kill mobs in same area on official Classic), not more not less.

It's not 100%, and i did get an EWC from it. it's not a bug, it's normal with the beta rates we have, on live with x3 we won't be getting full drops that much lol...

• Like 1

Probability don't work like that, It need to be 5 - 25% drop rate here (drop rate change if more people kill mobs in same area on official Classic), not more not less.

​I wonder where people got this idea. Why on earth would the drop rate be different, base on area population? Moreover why would it be LESS when MORE people are around? Isn't the whole idea of Classic to make people play together and cooperate?

Now, i'm not making any claims here, i just find the whole idea very peculiar, even by Lineage's standarts...

Just how do you assume this works?

​I wonder where people got this idea. Why on earth would the drop rate be different, base on area population? Moreover why would it be LESS when MORE people are around? Isn't the whole idea of Classic to make people play together and cooperate?

Now, i'm not making any claims here, i just find the whole idea very peculiar, even by Lineage's standarts...

​As far as i know, it's if more people are in same area, better will be the drop rate.

For instance, if you kill Snipe alone, you have 5% chance to get a full loot (with x50 rate), and if few party come in same area then drop rate can up to 25%.

It's how i understand how it works, maybe admin can explain better because they have algorithm (file).

​As far as i know, it's if more people are in same area, better will be the drop rate.

For instance, if you kill Snipe alone, you have 5% chance to get a full loot (with x50 rate), and if few party come in same area then drop rate can up to 25%.

It's how i understand how it works, maybe admin can explain better because they have algorithm (file).

​I highly doubt it would be like that since I can see how people can abuse that kind of system. You killing 1 mob & CP killing 100 mobs both have same set % chance, its just they killing 100 mobs faster gives them more shots to take the 5% chance where you only have 1 shot to take 5% chance. Them killing 100 mobs does not increase your 5% chance, your chance is still 5%.

​I highly doubt it would be like that since I can see how people can abuse that kind of system. You killing 1 mob & CP killing 100 mobs both have same set % chance, its just they killing 100 mobs faster gives them more shots to take the 5% chance where you only have 1 shot to take 5% chance. Them killing 100 mobs does not increase your 5% chance, your chance is still 5%.

​I agree that this is most likely purely subjective. When there is more people around, there is naturally more going on around, dragging your attention from actual hunting, making you less likely to "notice" you didn't drop anything, while a successful drop will always be pointed out to you by the sound and message.

Conversely, when you are solo, the game quickly gets dull, and you count every minute and every percent of the grind.

Only XP/SP gain is, in fact, affected by party size.

True that, getting more drops simply because there are more people around makes no sense at all, or else why would big clans try to lock down areas if that means less drops?