Sign in to follow this  
Sett

Expiration date for the information embargo...

...is Aug 27th. I'm sure everyone concerned knows why.

Just sayin'...

EDIT: Alright then... It means it is the last day, when some information (mainly concerning WHEN) may stop/limit the exodus of players to another, very similar server, that launches the next day.

I know this is frustrating, and i kept my own impatience at bay so far, but this is no longer just few spoiled kids crying, this is THE breaking point for many, many people...

• Like 3

I don't know what this means! Though I feel as though a voice in my head tells me that we should worship the cat which is Sett. That kitty knows what is going on.

Explained in the original post. The kitty doesn't know, nobody does, that's the problem.

I don't want to go, but i will, if the few people i know here go. And there isn't much else that can stop them at this point, besides an announcement with definite live date in the very near future and a believable statement that everything will be fixed by then.

I don't like spreading "FUD", but the recent (or so I assume it is recent?) increase in "classic" servers is everywhere. I was on TwitchTV and six of eight streams were advertising their new servers and beta that promise live in the next weeks. The competition is out there and it seems flaky, but I am sure that people will flock to it and decide whether to wait around here, test other places, or whatever. People can wait and get their response or do as they please, but they were promised an announcement soon TM. Wait or not, posting about it isn't going to make it come any faster. Find another way to vent your frustrations.

I don't like spreading "FUD", but the recent (or so I assume it is recent?) increase in "classic" servers is everywhere. I was on TwitchTV and six of eight streams were advertising their new servers and beta that promise live in the next weeks. The competition is out there and it seems flaky, but I am sure that people will flock to it and decide whether to wait around here, test other places, or whatever. People can wait and get their response or do as they please, but they were promised an announcement soon TM. Wait or not, posting about it isn't going to make it come any faster. Find another way to vent your frustrations.

​Well, i tried very hard not to make it sound like FUD, but i guess that is not entirely avoidable. You are, obviously, right, but even my wife is now dead set on leaving for paid server full of russians. That is something, you know? I have waited three months, and i could wait thirty more, but by then there will be noone to play here.

I believed we would go live by the end of august precisely because of this, but that is less than a week away, and again there is no sign of progress. And now the reality of people actually meaningfully leaving has reached my little corner of the world as well...

the private russian classic that opens 28 Aug need 10$ to make account :D  and there  no way for eu players to pay and btw the client is on russian translated not in english so gl on everyone who gonna there :D

the private russian classic that opens 28 Aug need 10$ to make account :D  and there  no way for eu players to pay and btw the client is on russian translated not in english so gl on everyone who gonna there :D

​​That server I think has also English version, its free to play with x1 rates, if you pay 10euro/dollars you get x3 rates.

most EU/NA people won't bother to migrate over there anyway, since that server will be for the 99% made of russians. hell, even the forum was full russian with just ENG as sub-section language.

in any case, making new threads about this situation day after day after day until the end of august won't change anything.

if you can wait for fixes, good, if not just move on and that's it. no point in stressing over it on daily basis, especially when it's all about a private server project.

• Like 2

most EU/NA people won't bother to migrate over there anyway, since that server will be for the 99% made of russians. hell, even the forum was full russian with just ENG as sub-section language.

in any case, making new threads about this situation day after day after day until the end of august won't change anything.

if you can wait for fixes, good, if not just move on and that's it. no point in stressing over it on daily basis, especially when it's all about a private server project.

​I there is a larger Euro/Russ community than there is for NA/CAN. Besides here, there really isn't anywhere else to go for "low rates" and "classic" without being emerged in complete Euro/Russ/KA populations.

​I there is a larger Euro/Russ community than there is for NA/CAN. Besides here, there really isn't anywhere else to go for "low rates" and "classic" without being emerged in complete Euro/Russ/KA populations.

​it's not a matter of community, it's a matter of language.

on international servers there may be plenty of people from different countries, but the common role is that the general language would be english in order to avoid issues. there might still be very few people that keep speaking in their language, but that's just the minority, usually about 2-3% of the server.

anyhow, i sure as hell am not going to play a game where everything is in cyrillic and people speak only a language that i can't even understand. beside, i'd rather stay away from a server full of shitty zergs+bots.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to try the other private one, but I doubt I'm going to stay there - I'm afraid the server will be 95% Russian anyway, so hard finding parties and hard trading. Better wait for EU version :)

• Like 1

looking for people to play on that other server until we have news here. if you want to group up send me a pm here :)

i just registred my account on melcosoft for 12 $. like fenrir said, russians are everywhere. You play for your fun and not to fight them on the chat, also i played on ru classsic with 4000 russians daily, this is no prob for me. I just want to have some fun and for me its worth the 12 dollar, may some of you should think about it too. Ciao boys.

My fun in the game comes from PVPing with the clan and talking shit on voice comms/clan chat. Not watching languages I don't understand fly at me from every direction and playing solo. I'll pass on russian servers and just wait for Official Classic EU if it ever comes out.

• Like 1

Well, i have the advantage of having people to make a clan and talk shit on voice comm coming with me (ahead of me, actually...).

I'm sure the omnipresent cuneiform will piss me to no end, but hey, that's just as good an excuse for pvp as any ;)

I also try to look at it as an opportunity to (be pushed to) learn new language.

And finally, i can always come back, and have some fun (and classic experience) in the mean time, instead of just waiting for mercy on the forum. Surely it will beat high rate beta too :x