Sign in to follow this  
DesertEagle0.50

PvP targeting

Hi guys, since I usually play for fun and almost never made it to the final late game phase I dont have much experience with PvP, but from time to time I am in PvP situation too, but I was always struggling with targeting enemies. Lets say I am farming mobs and all of a sudden someone attacks me, I want to defend myself as fast as possible but have always experienced kind of time lose while trying to actually click on the target and hold ctrl while attacking. Is it just about skill and repetition or there is better way than manually clicking on the player's name and holding ctrl to attack ? Also whole moving correctly, targeting and attacking at the same time is problem for me. Thank you :)

Edited by DesertEagle0.50
grammar

1) if enemy is flagged, you dont have to use control to attack him, if you want to attack non flagged people, you can switch your attack button with macro /attackforce and also your skills /useskillforce ... , but be careful coz that automatically works on non flagged people, even people from your party/clan/CC
2) also many times next target (alt+c and drag&drop to bars) is very useful, it targets the closest enemy next to you (again, if its player he needs to be flagged)
3) sometimes when you try to target enemy happens that you missclick and click on the ground and your character starts running towards that direction, eventho sometimes you want to keep distance - if you hold shift and click, your character wont move (or when you are running it wont change direction) but still is able to target
4) target macros, if you have some specific person you pvp a lot, some people are making specific target macros (/target z0z), that way you dont have to try to click on target but you only click the macro on your bars and you get the target

except those, its only about practice and repetition as you said

• Like 2